PDA

View Full Version : Thursday...Can Cle beat Donks?

Lightiningsmack
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM
If this happens we will be in a very good position going into Sunday.

Cleveland's pass defense is so so though...

TxCharger
11-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Cleveland will beat the Donks. Short week for both. I don't think they can stop Braylon and Kellen. Lewis is going to run all over them too. Cutler is going to choke again.

24-34 Browns.

ImpactBolt
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm hoping for a big game from Jamal and Anderson. If Cutler can lay more eggs and we win this weekend it'll be too awesome!

Packhorse
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
This game worries me a little, Cleveland is a lot like Denver, soft on defense, with a few very good playmakers on offense. Given the short week, I hope Cleveland rises to the occasion and takes advantage of a tired Denver team. The Browns looked great on National TV against the Giants, so hopefully some of that pride will carry over.

Cleveland will be VERY hungry after blowing a 14 point lead to Baltimore, who they hate worse than anything. However the Browns fans were booing Derek Anderson pretty badly at the end. I don't know him that well as a player, so I'm not sure if that will inspire him to kick ass, or if he'll just come out flat.

dekkerbasser
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I for sure think Browns can defeat the Donks. The fact that Cutler played the way he did, and the rest of the team for that matter, combined with a dangerous pass offense playing at home...

...lest we forget how crappy the Donks defense has been and how explosive Cleveland can be when the connect.

Lightiningsmack
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm assuming Champ Bailey will miss this game.

Braylon Edwards has dropped like 4 would be TD passes this season

zackalacka
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
it's very possible, being that the donks are somewhat deflated and facing a short week (sunday afternoon game to a thurs night game)
i think marshall took a page from cuddles' book when he started pouting because he wasn't getting the ball enough...lol.
the browns are struggling in almost every aspect but don't be surprised to see some fire as they are fighting to keep their playoff hopes alive.

chargerbomb
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
This game is in Cleveland, on primetime.

Remember the last primetime game in Cleveland?

The Browns blasted the Giants to the tune of 35-14.

The Broncos don't have any leadership. They fold when things get tough. Browns win without too much trouble.

saru96
11-03-2008, 12:46 PM
If the donkys lose and we will we will be tied for the division lead wow that would be awesome!

Air Norv
11-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm assuming Champ Bailey will miss this game.

Braylon Edwards has dropped like 4 would be TD passes this season
He is like there Cromartie :D

3DSumoWrestler
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Cleveland CAN beat the Donks, but I'm not quite convinced they WILL. The Donks have come off of a couple of embarrassing defeats and you have to imagine that even THEY can make some adjustments. Which Derek Anderson/Braylon Edwards combo will show up on Thursday? That's what I think will dictate this game. Cleveland and Denver's offenses are similar when they're both playing well, but Cleveland's D gets a slight nod over Denver's.

chargerbomb
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
If the donkys lose and we will we will be tied for the division lead wow that would be awesome!

We gotta beat KC in order to tie...

We probably get into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth i.e. a tiebreaker. With that in mind, the most important games left are (in order):

1. Denver
2. Oak, KC twice
3. Indy
4. Pittsburgh
5. Tampa & Atlanta

LTfan4life
11-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Cleveland will own Denver. If Karl Paymah gets torched by Camarillo, wait til he meets one of the better WRs in the league. And K2 on Denver's safeties? Watch out

zackalacka
11-03-2008, 01:11 PM
We gotta beat KC in order to tie...

We probably get into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth i.e. a tiebreaker. With that in mind, the most important games left are (in order):

1. Denver
2. Oak, KC twice
3. Indy
4. Pittsburgh
5. Tampa & Atlanta

i honestly think the pittsburgh game will be huge for us...if we can pull out a W there we can carry the momentum for the rest of the season...hopefully RR has the defense in order by then...

Boltfan7998
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
The Browns WILL beat the donks! A shorten week for the donks, no question, then they got to get ready for Sunday after the Thursday night game...sucks to be the donks lol:LightsOut:

Chargers503
Cleveland will beat the Donks. Short week for both. I don't think they can stop Braylon and Kellen. Lewis is going to run all over them too. Cutler is going to choke again.

24-34 Browns.
And whine like a lil b1tch that he is... CRYBABY, CRYBABY!!!... hahahaha! :17:

Lightiningsmack
The 4 games that bug me are:

The home games against Atlanta and Indy

The away games against Pitt and Tampa.

If the donks beat us by 1 in their house we'll beat them by 10 in our house. I'm seriously counting that game as a W

Folks
11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't think either team will "WIN" this game. I think it will be more of which team will "LOSE" this game.

They both suck and come up with ways to lose games.

ChargerBooster
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Can the Browns defeat the Broncos ?

This is defintely not aimed at the thread-starter at all, but to my fellow Chargers fans in general.

Have we not yet learned this season that any team can defeat any other ? After all, so many were crowing and over-confidently predicting that we would defeat...the Panthers, the Dolphins, the Broncos, etc. ad nauseum. If you apply that to other teams, then the answer is a resounding "Yes!".

Charger Dave
11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
While it is fun to fantasize about post game comments that include "they have now lost 5 of their last 6 games" - I have to say this game could go either way. The only thing that makes it interesting is that the Broncos have to travel TO Cleveland on a short week and the potential impact on AFC West standings - otherwise it would be another "Ho hum" Thursday night game that I might skip in favor of other programming. As it is - doubt I will watch the whole game but WILL be keeping track of what is going on. :Beer:

SDFootballNut
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
This game can go either way, The Browns have looked pretty good at home for most of the season. I'm sure everyone on the forum is pulling for the Browns, lets just hope that they decide to show up on Thursday. The Browns need this victory just like the Donkeys but the Donkeys have a big advantage over the Browns secondary IMO.

GO BROWNS on thursday night. We need a lil help right now from the other NFL teams to put us back on top of the division. :LightsOut:

SeattleBoltFan
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't give the donks a loss on Thursday just yet... With the Browns losing with Derek Andersen again, Cleveland might be ready to start their qb of the future. Although Quinn will probably end up being the better qb than Anderson down the road, Thursday I doubt he will do well...but who knows

This of course just speculation, Cleveland as of now still plans on starting DA.

At any rate, we shouldnt rely on Bronco losses anymore, especially seeing we control our own destiny. Win every game (difficult I know), and we enter the post season.

cloudparty
11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Don't make assumptions. Who is the only AFC West team to beat the Chargers at least once in the last 2 years?

One game at a time...

eightdogs
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Cleveland ha looked better on offense, and Cutler will always be a chokemeister.

Medford Bronco
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
yes Cleveland can beat the Donks. We suck right now

It might be a 9-9 standoff as Clevland choked a 14 pt lead yesterday as well.

SeahawkFan4ever
11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
If Cutler continues to be a turnover machine, and if the Broncos' D collapses, then the Broncos will (gulp!) most likely lose to Cleveland on Thursday.

Lightiningsmack
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Sigh Quinn will start for Brownies. Anderson has been Mr. Inconsistent but he beat the Giants and Quinn is still pretty much a rookie.

Medford Bronco
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Sigh Quinn will start for Brownies. Not sure what to think about that. Anderson has been Mr. Inconsistent but he beat the Giants and Quinn is still pretty much a rookie.

we have hope then lol

we need it badly

Oside89
11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll drink to the Browns beating the Donk's they stink!

http://www.thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/tmp/WMcutlerbeer.jpg.pjpeg

BOLTZ55
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
with the Donkd putting Hall and pittman on ir and Brady Quinn comming in , 2 things happen the Donks will not be able to run the ball period and the Brownies stay with the run more to help Brady control the game. This equals a Brownny win easy , they have beat the Giants after all. Chargers might win the division by default and maybe have enough time to right the ship on D

Medford Bronco
11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
with the Donkd putting Hall and pittman on ir and Brady Quinn comming in , 2 things happen the Donks will not be able to run the ball period and the Brownies stay with the run more to help Brady control the game. This equals a Brownny win easy , they have beat the Giants after all. Chargers might win the division by default and maybe have enough time to right the ship on D

denver is very shaky but did hold Brown to 59 yards yesterday.

I would not count on anything. both teams have major issues.

I see a 12-9 type of game. We shall see what happens. Try not to fall asleep watching :lol:

BOLTZ55
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Agreed , but can Denvers D stop Mr. Lewis on a consistant basis if Brady just keeps on giving him the rock all game long like I expect. Final score Clev 21 Broncs 16

TJ-Charger-Fan
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Denver did do a decent job of slowing down Ronnie Brown, except when it counted most, so i would guess their strategy for the Browns game now will be to put 8 in the box to stop the run and make Quinn beat them.
As messed up as the Bronco D is Quinn is still very green and will more than likely make bad reads and will most likely turn the ball over at least once.
Advantage goes to Browns 'cause they'll be at home supporting the kid though.
On the flip side if the Broncos go up early big like 14-0 or 20-3 i dont see Brady pulling out a victory. Ofcourse i'll be rooting for the Browns, but since i hate every Notre Dame player it'll be strange for me to cheer 4 Quinn.

FoutstoJJ
11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Denver is done. Each week they have another catastrophic injury. I just can't see them rebounding at all. This division is our division to lose, if we show up in the 2nd half of this season, Denver's done from what I saw yesterday.

chargerbomb
11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
denver is very shaky but did hold Brown to 59 yards yesterday.

I would not count on anything. both teams have major issues.

I see a 12-9 type of game. We shall see what happens. Try not to fall asleep watching :lol:

The Broncos D-Line really showed up and played inspired D out there Sunday. Unfortunately for Broncos fans, the rest of the team didn't get the memo and gave the game away to Miami.

Given the short week and struggles of that D-line, I really don't expect a repeat performance. Plus, the Broncos best 2 tacklers (DJ Williams and Champ Bailey) are out for the game. J Lewis may run buck wild, and if the Broncos try to stack the box Braylon is gonna get open deep constantly.

The Browns put up 28 points on a good Ravens D. I expect them to put up about 35 in a primetime home game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Browns 35
Broncos 23

Boltfan7998
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I'll drink to the Browns beating the Donk's they stink!

http://www.thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/tmp/WMcutlerbeer.jpg.pjpeg

Is that cuddles?? What a dumb ***! He's trying to keep he's girlish figure LOL!!:LightsOut:

ImpactBolt
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Gah Donks win this. Quinn is gonna turn the ball over at least twice. Jamal has to rip it up if they're gonna even have a chance.

Lightnin Thunda
11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Quinn could provide the browns a spark. I can see them winning this game.

CruX
11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Derek Anderson is out and Brady Quinn is in for Thursday. I'm not so sure how this will bode for either side. On the one hand, Quinn is largely untested in a live game however, this also means Denver has no film on the guy. This game will be interesting.

BOLTZ55
11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
The Broncos D-Line really showed up and played inspired D out there Sunday. Unfortunately for Broncos fans, the rest of the team didn't get the memo and gave the game away to Miami.

Given the short week and struggles of that D-line, I really don't expect a repeat performance. Plus, the Broncos best 2 tacklers (DJ Williams and Champ Bailey) are out for the game. J Lewis may run buck wild, and if the Broncos try to stack the box Braylon is gonna get open deep constantly.

The Browns put up 28 points on a good Ravens D. I expect them to put up about 35 in a primetime home game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Browns 35
Broncos 23

Unless Braylon drops another long 1 , most drops in the league I think. Brownies win this 1 I think pretty easy still. you have to be able to run the ball some to win in the NFL.

abernardojr
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Any team in the league could beat the Broncos, and I'm not saying that just because I'm a Charger fan. When I look back at it, the Broncos are playing pretty terribly. But the thing that catches my eye a lot is that the Broncos are away on a short week. Quinn being in now might help denver some, but I'm hoping/counting on an unorganized and helpless Bronco team going against a Cleveland team that is, at this point, probably more desparate for a win than Denver is.

sabre
11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Id feel better if Anderson was in and Braylon was out.

Lightiningsmack
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
They get Torain back and Young is still healthy. Hall and Pittman were total scrubs.

Although Torain debut was futile (3 yds rushing)

TheBoyBolt
11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Of course they can beat the Broncos; they're terrible.

Sadly, we aren't much better until our D steps up.

The Moekid
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Derek Anderson is out and Brady Quinn is in for Thursday. I'm not so sure how this will bode for either side. On the one hand, Quinn is largely untested in a live game however, this also means Denver has no film on the guy. This game will be interesting.

Bad news for us. First start is never a good thing for a qb. I had Cleveland in a lock before this news.

chopper31
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Bad news for us. First start is never a good thing for a qb. I had Cleveland in a lock before this news.

Agreed....

I was pissed when I saw the headline that Quinn is taking over as starter, and was thinking "why could they not have waited just one more week for that".

Oh well, nothing we can do but hope anyway (which would be the same even if Anderson was starting).

The good news is that we are playing KC at home, so barring any meltdowns, we should still stay within a game of Denver when the week is over.

JoeMcRugby
11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
They get Torain back and Young is still healthy. Hall and Pittman were total scrubs.

Although Torain debut was futile (3 yds rushing)

Young has been sporting a groin injury for a month and has not played in the past three games (last appearance against Tampa Bay on October 5th).

Spin: Ryan Torain had just three carries in Sunday's loss to Miami, while the entire running game sputtered against the Dolphins. Given that Young is nursing an injury and that he and Torain are the only two running backs on the roster, the Broncos will almost certainly add depth in the coming days.

As for Week 10, a timeshare seems likely, but the bulk of the carries could end up Torain's hands if Young is forced to miss another game with his injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10896

The Donkos are in a world of hurt with these two being the only two RBs on the current roster (although they'll likely sign someone from off of the street to "fill the void").

Lightiningsmack
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Cuddles will play tailback too

Medford Bronco
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Cuddles will play tailback too

lol Sammy Winder and Bobby Humphrey are being called as we speak :p

Jay21
11-04-2008, 02:27 PM

...but the Donks' D is the defense that made Matt Cassel look like Tom Brady, while he's looked lousy against everyone else

Jammer
11-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Thursday night football tomorrow!

LETS GO Cleveland!

Big Brady Quinn Fan here! i am worry because his debut is against the Broncos!

I want the Broncos to loose so bad!

Cleveland 24 Denver 14

zackalacka
11-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Thursday night football tomorrow!

LETS GO Cleveland!

Big Brady Quinn Fan here! i am worry because his debut is against the Broncos!

I want the Broncos to loose so bad!

Cleveland 24 Denver 14

worried about his debut against the broncos? lol who would you prefer he start throwing against? the chiefs?

minus champ bailey the broncos have one of the worst secondaries in the league, easily....

freakshow
11-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Sure it would be great if the donkeys fail to beat a meager Browns squad but ultimately the Bolts need to win this week and go 6-2 to have any momentum for a play off run. Really if it comes down to it, make this season a throw away, fire Norv pick up Cower and lets have a real team that is focused and to be contended with on a week to week basis. Not this BS of hoping the lame azz donkeys lose just so we can back into a tie for first. This is pethidic.

say55ow
11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Denver should see a heavy dose of Jamal Lewis.

Go Cleveland
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/philsavagestaph.jpg

FCBolt
11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Someone's probably said this already, but I'll say it again:

This thread would be more accurate if titled:
"Can Donks beat Cle?"

Medford Bronco
11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I laugh at how we are all great Cleveland fans now (laugh, you guys
need a laugh smilie like on other boards for joking btw)

Yes Denver is not good but if SD takes care of its own business
then it dont matter what Denver does. BTW I dont openly hope
SD loses as in my "For Enertainment Purposes Only" pools I pick
who I think is going to win and usually pick SD, even against Denver ;)

Medford Bronco
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Denver should see a heavy dose of Jamal Lewis.

Go Cleveland
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/philsavagestaph.jpg

Denver has sucked against the run but last week against a much better Ronnie Brown, they held him to 59 yards.

Cutler cost them the game with his horrid play and picks.

We shall see and I will show up here no matter what happens
as I have said to others, its only football
and I know what is truly important in life. My family including son with autism

FCBolt
11-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I laugh at how we are all great Cleveland fans now (laugh, you guys
need a laugh smilie like on other boards for joking btw)

Yes Denver is not good but if SD takes care of its own business
then it dont matter what Denver does. BTW I dont openly hope
SD loses as in my "For Enertainment Purposes Only" pools I pick
who I think is going to win and usually pick SD, even against Denver ;)

My 2nd favorite team every week is whoever is playing Denver.

My 2nd favorite team is on a 3 game win streak.

Kudos to you for taking the high road. Me? I look forward to a Broncos loss every week. Not embarassed to admit that the low road has been good fun the past couple of years.

Medford Bronco
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
My 2nd favorite team every week is whoever is playing Denver.

My 2nd favorite team is on a 3 game win streak.

Kudos to you for taking the high road. Me? I look forward to a Broncos loss every week. Not embarassed to admit that the low road has been good fun the past couple of years.

lol I like to have fun. Its no big deal

you can call us donkeys :D

I am not going to shed tears when a team loses to help my team either. ;)

take care and have a good one :Beer:

peteshawtheman
11-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I see a close game as the short week and travel for the Broncos is countered by the untested and over-anxious Quinn for the Browns. Both have under-performed; maybe each will break out some good play as the second half commences.

FCBolt
11-05-2008, 11:44 PM
I see a close game as the short week and travel for the Broncos is countered by the untested and over-anxious Quinn for the Browns. Both have under-performed; maybe each will break out some good play as the second half commences.

That's a good point. With Anderson in, the Browns win this game hands down. With Quinn in, who the heck knows?

Baffling move by the Browns to insert Quinn as starter on a short week.

Lightiningsmack
11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
That's a good point. With Anderson in, the Browns win this game hands down. With Quinn in, who the heck knows?

Baffling move by the Browns to insert Quinn as starter on a short week.

Yeah they should of waited until after this game. To give Quinn LOTS of time with the 1st team O. Anyway, this game is pretty darn huge. D.J. Williams and McCrap is out for the Donkos.

Don't drop any passes Braylon!

FCBolt
11-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah they should of waited until after this game. To give Quinn LOTS of time with the 1st team O. Anyway, this game is pretty darn huge. D.J. Williams and McCrap is out for the Donkos.

Don't drop any passes Braylon!

But they get Torain and Scheffler back. Combine that with Quinn's first start, and I think the burros might pull it off on the road.

Then again, if there's one defense in the NFL a guy would want to face on his first start, it's the donkeys w/o Williams and Bailey.

JoeMcRugby
11-06-2008, 12:18 PM
But they get Torain and Scheffler back. Combine that with Quinn's first start, and I think the burros might pull it off on the road.

Then again, if there's one defense in the NFL a guy would want to face on his first start, it's the donkeys w/o Williams and Bailey.

They already had Torain and Scheffler reportedly won't be near 100%.

Torrain better perform at a higher level than he did on Sunday: 3 carries, 1 yard.

The Broncos are horrid away from home and have 5 of their remaining 8 games on the road. Aside from their Week 1 win at a totally incompetent and impotent Oakland Raiders, their other two road appearances have been as follows:

* 31-17 drubbing and manhandling by the KC Chiefs (only win of the season for KC)

* 41-7 humiliating smackdown from the NE Patriots who were coming off a 30-10 loss to the Chargers.

Even with Brady at the helm, the Browns handily smack down the Broncos tonight.

TxCharger
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I read somewhere that the NFL will be broadcasting it Live on the internet. If its true another game to watch where I get to see Cutler and Marshall moping

DanDiegoDuck
11-06-2008, 12:35 PM
The donks are in trouble . Brady Quinn is going to do well , even though he's always got that mouth open catching flies all the time . He's better than whatever scrub QB KC beat them with , and the Browns defense is better too . The donks are horrible on the road . I'm going to guess here and say 37-16 Browns . I also predict JC will be shown sitting on the bench pouting after his 2nd int of the game .
I saw on another thread that someone "predicted" that after JC throws an interception they would show him with ( and I quote ) " that stupid look on his face " . I'm sorry but that was NOT a prediction . That " stupid look " is 24/7 for JC . It's like predicting ice will be cold . Just a thought....

Charger Dave
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
I read somewhere that the NFL will be broadcasting it Live on the internet. If its true another game to watch where I get to see Cutler and Marshall mopingAfter their media man-love fest this week I'm expecting to see warm fuzzy cuddling between them.

Charger Dave
11-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Baffling move by the Browns to insert Quinn as starter on a short week.Talking heads on NFL Network opined it had as much to do with Denver's anemic pass defense as anything else - Romeo trying to put his kid QB in the best possible position for success by playing him against Denver? Wow - that is a pretty good slap.

JoeMcRugby
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I read somewhere that the NFL will be broadcasting it Live on the internet. If its true another game to watch where I get to see Cutler and Marshall moping

Updates - live heads talking with some live action on NFL.com.

They'll show about 25% of the game - maybe.

Kenney86
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
DONKS are a freakin mess, there is no way they are winning this game tonight!

FCBolt
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM

Torrain better perform at a higher level than he did on Sunday: 3 carries, 1 yard.

The Broncos are horrid away from home and have 5 of their remaining 8 games on the road. Aside from their Week 1 win at a totally incompetent and impotent Oakland Raiders, their other two road appearances have been as follows:

* 31-17 drubbing and manhandling by the KC Chiefs (only win of the season for KC)

* 41-7 humiliating smackdown from the NE Patriots who were coming off a 30-10 loss to the Chargers.

Even with Brady at the helm, the Browns handily smack down the Broncos tonight.

IF the kid has as much talent as the rat says he does, then I'd expect a better game out of him. Then again, donkeytalk coming outta the rat isn't always 100% believable...

FCBolt
11-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Talking heads on NFL Network opined it had as much to do with Denver's anemic pass defense as anything else - Romeo trying to put his kid QB in the best possible position for success by playing him against Denver? Wow - that is a pretty good slap.

No doubt.

3 days prep for your first start but it's against Denver? No problem.

DanDiegoDuck
11-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Quinn has played , came in last year when Andersen got hurt , and he played really well considering . They're going to run alot , and then hit em deep when they creep up . It's an easy game for Quinn to come in .

DanDiegoDuck
11-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll be shocked if the donks win , and we should be tied for the division lead by late sunday . Now if we can follow that up with a win against Pittsburgh the following week , we'll be in serious business

JoeMcRugby
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
IF the kid has as much talent as the rat says he does, then I'd expect a better game out of him. Then again, donkeytalk coming outta the rat isn't always 100% believable...

Yup, he's the next Terrell Davis according to the Rat. :rolleyes:

Charger Dave
11-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Yup, he's the next Terrell Davis according to the Rat. :rolleyes:I won't snort and giggle if/when he turns the ball over - Hanest! :)

I do have to admit the Donks have quite a find in Eddie Royal though - that young man is a gem. (But he is also a Rook - 2 fumbles thus far this year - lost one - still a heck of a find though).

FCBolt
11-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I won't snort and giggle if/when he turns the ball over - Hanest! :)

I do have to admit the Donks have quite a find in Eddie Royal though - that young man is a gem.

I've heard interviews with the guy. He's actually a high character dude. Outta VA Tech!!! Who'd have thunk it?

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I've heard interviews with the guy. He's actually a high character dude. Outta VA Tech!!! Who'd have thunk it?

You are one of the good fans :Beer: here that does not slam everything

"donko" like some do here. Its everyones right but the Donkos are not
as bad as the 1977 Bucs like some here are lead to believe ;)

We shall see.

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I won't snort and giggle if/when he turns the ball over - Hanest! :)

I do have to admit the Donks have quite a find in Eddie Royal though - that young man is a gem. (But he is also a Rook - 2 fumbles thus far this year - lost one - still a heck of a find though).

Another good fan :Beer:

kudos.

and I will come back to take my lumps if the "Donkos" lose big time.

FCBolt
11-06-2008, 03:23 PM
You are one of the good fans :Beer: here that does not slam everything

"donko" like some do here. Its everyones right but the Donkos are not
as bad as the 1977 Bucs like some here are lead to believe ;)

We shall see.

Takes restraint. Cause I really enjoy hatin on los burros :D

chargerbomb
11-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I guess I gotta root for this guy:

http://withleather.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bradyquinn7.jpg

DanDiegoDuck
11-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Hopefully he's the mighty quinn tonight instead of , well , of whatever in gods name he's dressed up like in that picture .

DanDiegoDuck
11-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Time to go watch the game at the kilt lads ! Go fighting Backstreet boy QB'd brownies . Ayeyayaye....good thing they're playing the donks

zackalacka
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
two teams with ugly orange uniforms....

Jay21
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm liking this so far...

TxCharger
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
the football gods help us again. missed fg

zackalacka
11-06-2008, 06:25 PM
great open field tackle on that punt

aside from the one very lucky looking lofted pass, cuddles hasn't looked very good at all

TxCharger
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Jamal Lewis yeah

ElectroAsada
11-06-2008, 06:41 PM
For those who don't have the NFL network you can watch the game live here:
http://channelsurfing.net/

I apologize if this was posted earlier...

thumper300zx
11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
GET TO CHAT !!!

http://forums.chargers.com/chat.php?&do=popup (http://forums.chargers.com/chat.php?&do=popup)

starry
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Cleveland just need to run the ball

chargerbomb
11-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Clevelands up 17-7.

Cutler threw his 11th interception on the year.

But at least he has the strongest arm in the league. Stronger than Elways!!! He'll even tell you so if you just ask him.

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Clevelands up 17-7.

Cutler threw his 11th interception on the year.

But at least he has the strongest arm in the league. Stronger than Elways!!! He'll even tell you so if you just ask him.

lol by the way his 447 yards passing were pretty good eh :D

yes you all hate Cutler but you should hate Kellen staph infection Winslow
and that McDonald stiff at CB for the Browns

The Donks as most love to say still suck on defense but this was a sweet win for me. :Beer:

ReppinMoose
11-06-2008, 09:32 PM
DAMMIT! I was so bummed to see the Broncos pull out a win

peteshawtheman
11-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Twenty-one points in the 4th quarter will win a lot of ballgames. Congratulations, Denver Broncos, on a nice comeback win. Chargers will need to do a little self-help instead of relying on others to keep them in this.

Oh, and Medford, I like your style.

thumper300zx
11-06-2008, 09:48 PM
At least the Donks won this game with their offense, and not by some teams screwing up by missing a field goal or something stupid like that. I'm not gonna blame dropped INT's the Browns could've had...they gave up over 400 yards passing regardless. Donks earned this one -- crap.

But I agree with petes -- we've gotta win now -- REMEMBER we're still in the driver's seat -- we control our own destiny until we drop a game....

FCBolt
11-06-2008, 10:22 PM

Joe you bowled 2 gutter balls there. Torain was effective when in (tho certainly not the next TDavis and certainly IS injury prone). And Scheffler gave Cuddler a nice little 92-yards-for-the-night outlet.

That said, the horrid Browns D was at fault in this game. The ba#*ards.

BigGameYimmy
11-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Here we are 'upset' that the Browns choked that game away...imagine how the poor Browns fans feel. Remember, they too were a team coming into the year with high expectations (maybe not as high as ours). Weird season this is...

JoeMcRugby
11-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Joe you bowled 2 gutter balls there. Torain was effective when in (tho certainly not the next TDavis and certainly IS injury prone). And Scheffler gave Cuddler a nice little 92-yards-for-the-night outlet.

That said, the horrid Browns D was at fault in this game. The ba#*ards.

I said that Torain better be more effective than 3 carries, 1 yard. He was. And I guarantee you, Torain ain't the next Terrell Davis (a borderline Hall of Famer) - except for the similarity that both Torain and Davis tore their ACL.

This time, rookie running back Ryan Torain has been lost with what is thought to be a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Torain will undergo more testing this weekend but the prognosis is not good.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/07/broncos-expected-to-lose-another-rb/

Scheffler was still hurting. You could see it when he stayed down for a couple of minutes after catching that pass over the middle without being hit. His groin is still bothering him big-time. Having said that, he's a good player.

Too bad the Browns (other than McGinest) didn't want to hit anyone down the field.

kiwibolt
11-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Too bad the Browns (other than McGinest) didn't want to hit anyone down the field.
Watching McDonald pull up to avoid contact on that TD to Daniel Graham was just disgusting....

Every CB gets beat one on one occasionally- play a cover zero and you're bound to get beat deep at times, but for a professional football player to flat out get out of the way like McDonald did on that TD reception by Graham is just disgusting.

FCBolt
11-07-2008, 07:47 AM

Cost them the game. Dangit.

Lightiningsmack
11-07-2008, 09:32 AM
lol by the way his 447 yards passing were pretty good eh :D

yes you all hate Cutler but you should hate Kellen staph infection Winslow
and that McDonald stiff at CB for the Browns

The Donks as most love to say still suck on defense but this was a sweet win for me. :Beer:

447 Yards passing is always impressive. It's like a running back going over 200 yards I'll give him that.

McDonald should go back to JuCo