PDA

View Full Version : ****WARNING**SCAM**** Buying Playoff Tickets

BoltCultMember
01-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Seeing all this talk about people buying playoff tickets, I thought I might pass on some Tips to help NOT get ripped off..Feel free to share your experiences!

First, Craigslist.org is a great way to buy almost whatever you want (Especially Charger Tickets) and allows you to meet people face to face.

Few tips though: 1. Always meet in person. And since this is a good size Transaction, I would ask to meet at their house and maybe verify with ID or something... It might seem kinda dorky, but who's the dork having spent Hundreds and ends up not getting in.

2. Even though you get an actual ticket, which could very well be the real thing, you still can get stiffed... People sell the actual ticket and then just print off a copy from the online account...First one to enter the stadium gets the seat. People can also try to sell the print out.

...And if your selling tickets, make the buyer wears some charger gear to the meeting spot to make sure he's a Charger Fan! :D

Edit: this is a tip regarding Craigslist.org.

AMAYA
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
stubhub is also a good choice, expensive but good

AZAviator
01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Seeing all this talk about people buying playoff tickets, I thought I might pass on some Tips to help NOT get ripped off..Feel free to share your experiences!

First, Craigslist.org is a great way to buy almost whatever you want (Especially Charger Tickets) and allows you to meet people face to face.

Few tips though: 1. Always meet in person. And since this is a good size Transaction, I would ask to meet at their house and maybe verify with ID or something... It might seem kinda dorky, but who's the dork having spent Hundreds and ends up not getting in.

2. Even though you get an actual ticket, which could very well be the real thing, you still can get stiffed... People sell the actual ticket and then just print off a copy from the online account...First one to enter the stadium gets the seat. People can also try to sell the print out.

...And if your selling tickets, make the buyer wears some charger gear to the meeting spot to make sure he's a Charger Fan! :D

I had a good experience buying NASCAR tickets from a guy listed on Craigslist. We met in a public place, he allowed me to scrutinize the tickets, etc. Worked out very well. I even bumped into him at the race!

BoltCultMember
01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I had a good experience buying NASCAR tickets from a guy listed on Craigslist. We met in a public place, he allowed me to scrutinize the tickets, etc. Worked out very well. I even bumped into him at the race!

Yeah I've used Craigslist alot and love it. Charger Tickets are in abundance for sure. Just gotta be careful.

1.21Gigawatts
01-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't say meet at their house. I'd say meet in a public area.

They might be a serial killer, a rapist, or a Raider fan.

Just sayin'.

JCon2010
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
or worse, a patriots fan who has the seat/s next to yours! :O

chargersfan31
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
or worse, a patriots fan who has the seat/s next to yours! :O
thats the worst i remember in 06 the jets playoff game i was sitting next to this retarted jets fan.

vodka&boltzs
01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
If its too good to be true IE cheap tickets at face or near face then its probably a scam. These playoff tickets are super hot and scammers love to sell duplicate tickets

EndzoneJunkie
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM

i agree, i have no problem showing ID and reciept to back my shait LOL, all i gotta say is, GO CHARGERS

sdcfan720
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't say meet at their house. I'd say meet in a public area.

They might be a serial killer, a rapist, or a Raider fan.

Just sayin'.As long as you got a friend in the car or something, your good.

But craiglist is where I got my seats. i have bought off of craigslist before and I always go to the persons house so I know who I am buying from.

ElectricBlanket
01-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Ive said it before and Ill say it again bad economy or not real charger fans support their team and buy SEASON tickets so playoff tickets are yours by default, and you are not supposed to sell them. So many fans sell the playoff tickets to visiting team fans and it really pisses me off when I have a loud mouth guy with a Boston accent or a dumb hooiser sitting next to me!!! Avoid the temptation of making quick cash and support the Bolts as we roll toward MIAMI!!

EndzoneJunkie
01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Ive said it before and Ill say it again bad economy or not real charger fans support their team and buy SEASON tickets so playoff tickets are yours by default, and you are not supposed to sell them. So many fans sell the playoff tickets to visiting team fans and it really pisses me off when I have a loud mouth guy with a Boston accent or a dumb hooiser sitting next to me!!! Avoid the temptation of making quick cash and support the Bolts as we roll toward MIAMI!!
YO B, Money talks and Bullshait walks,,, just listen to yourself, you cant stop other teams fans from buying tickets..... Get that money son, you know I am... Chargers ba-by

oldschoolcharge
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Endzone Junkie....after reading your last post, and then looking at your your "location" (Lake Elsinore)....I just realized...you are a good old I.E. Whiskey Tango...................SCALPER!!

Funny deal, anytime someone offers tickets OVER face value we jump all over them.

This Knuckle Head has bragged about SCALPING his season seats (and the seven other sets of playoff tickets he somehow managed to get), and NOBODY has said a thing!!

beans
01-06-2010, 09:55 PM
It's all about making the $$$!!! I don't care who is sitting in my seats as long as they have the money and behave themselves.

EndzoneJunkie
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Endzone Junkie....after reading your last post, and then looking at your your "location" (Lake Elsinore)....I just realized...you are a good old I.E. Whiskey Tango...................SCALPER!!

Funny deal, anytime someone offers tickets OVER face value we jump all over them.

This Knuckle Head has bragged about SCALPING his season seats (and the seven other sets of playoff tickets he somehow managed to get), and NOBODY has said a thing!!

and your point ROOKIE?
im sell all the tickets i got above face, i buy above face, and the seats i plan on sitting will prop run me $350 each, so your point is? stop whinning.... You can NEVER be like me...

sdcfan720
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Who cares? He is obviously a charger fan just trying to make money. Its not his fault that people are willing to buy tix for high prices. If people refused to buy them at high prices, the prices would fall. But thats not gonna happen so you better get used to it.

EndzoneJunkie
01-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Who cares? He is obviously a charger fan just trying to make money. Its not his fault that people are willing to buy tix for high prices. If people refused to buy them at high prices, the prices would fall. But thats not gonna happen so you better get used to it.

true, true, i bought lower view row 1 last week for $500,a pair now since my inventory is up, i can off those, so i play both ways,,, now its time to pay me, and belive me, im holding the goods, no obstructed view or family section crap....

oldschoolcharge
01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Easy Endzonescalper! Wow, looks like I struck a raw nerve! Allllllllllll I'm saying is that you've been bragging about wheeling and dealing tickets. You no, like some punk a$$ SCALPER.

MY point??? NORMALLY this board will have nothing to do with SCALPING!

And you my Whiskey Tango friend are a FLAT OUT SCALPER!!!!!!!

***click on your name and look back at one of your many posts about SCALPING Chargers tickets. I like the one where you talk about "sitting" on seven pairs of playoff tickets (thats 14tickets if your having trouble with the math).

EndzoneJunkie
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
old skool, if its to loud , your to old..... im NOT selling tickets here, im just tell other COOL Charger fans how to get them cheap and the ins and out, im sorry if what i do annoys you, buy as i see, if a car dealer buys a car and resells it? is it for the same price? i think NOT... just understand, that guy standing in front of you at the game, oh yea, that me... shouldve got better seats ba-by

1 COOL GUY BOLT
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Do you think this game will be sold out early?

EndzoneJunkie
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
it is sold out offically

socalbolts
01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Man it sucks that SD has to put up with "fans" like you (endzonedumba$$) its ppl like you that gives SD's fan base a bad rep...Lake Elsinore?!?...GET THE #@!$ OUT OF HERE!!

STAY TRUE 619. GO BOLTS!!!

SD2SB2SD
01-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I can gladly say that I've never sold any of my tickets to randoms and I've never sold any over face value. Any time I can't make a game I sell the tickets to friends or family. I got a hold of 6 extra playoff tickets and sold them to my friends, not making a dime. It's sickening to look on craigslist and see View tickets listed for $250+ each.

beans
01-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Man it sucks that SD has to put up with "fans" like you (endzonedumba$$) its ppl like you that gives SD's fan base a bad rep...Lake Elsinore?!?...GET THE #@!$ OUT OF HERE!!

It takes a good fan like Endzonejunkie to help sellout the games. If it were not for scalpers some of the regular season games would not have sold out and would have been blackedout.

joehess
01-07-2010, 07:43 AM

Really.....?

That for your 1st post? Thanks for comin by