Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:39 PM

I'm so tired of this bs image that all Chargers are angels. They are real people and football is a physical emotional game. If a guy feels like fighting after losing a game in that fashion, I really don't blame him. This was one of the most important games in LT's life, and he lost in a horrible turn of events. He played great, while his teammates self-destructed. I don't blame LT for protecting his house and starting some **** with a guy dancing on his turf. I would defend it too. I love guys like Merriman and Tomlinson. I would rather the Chargers be known as the hardest mothers on the football field. Let's take that title from the Ravens.

I'm not endorsing that our team suddenly turn into the Bengals, but I don't blame players when they make some poor decisions in the heat of battle.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
benji929

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFLGUY1960
Let me get this straight... Merriman can hit Brady early in the game after he releases the ball... and then does his dance... even though he did not even register a sack- but the Pats can't mimick that dance after the game?

Merriman can predict a Jet's victory over the Pats the week before, but the Pats have to stay quiet after the game.

Merriman can predict a victory over the Pats prior to yesterday, but the Pats have to stay quiet after yesterday's game.

The San Diego Charger's management won't make any tickets available to Pats fans unless we can come up with a CA shipping address, but that's okay.

A Charger can head butt a Patriot and that's okay.

A Charger can shove a Patriot after the extra point that apepared to seal the deal for the Chargers, but that's okay.

A Charger can pose and point and wave his arms after downing a ball at the one and that's okay.

THE PATRIOTS CELEBRATE AT MIDFIELD AFTER THE GAME, MOCKING ONE PLAYER, MERRIMAN, AND THAT IS OFF LIMITS?

LT was totally off base and his classy image is going to take a big hit after this one. And....What the hell did Belichick have to do with players celebrating.

I was at the Pats-Chargers game last year and the Charger players were jumping around all over the field after the win, including one player doing the snow angel celebration in the end zone. You already saw the quotes form last year's game. Did we complain? NO... we never do. We know our day will come....

How about really being classy:

LT- apologize and admit you were just pissed over losing.
Charger fans- Admit LT was wrong and congratulate the Pats on winning

Or are you classless?

Prior to LT opening his big mouth, you would have had the upper hand psychologically next year. Now, the Pats will be out to make you pay a second time.... forget about your players being pissed... the Pats will use this, as they always do... to motivate them. Your advantage is gone... and so is your season...

Advice for Merriman and the other trash talking Chargers: Next time- Win first; talk later....
*** are you talking about? You talk trash before and during the game. That's totally fine. You don't blatantly show up a player and an organization after a game. You don't mock them or dance and **** after a lucky win. That's BS and LT was absolutely right to call them out on it. Of course he did it partly because he was frustrated and would not have made any comments if his team had won, but he doesn't have to apologize for telling the truth.

"Jumping around the field" = openly mocking a player and stomping on our logo? Ok, genius.

And who the **** said that it was ok to headbutt anyone? Find me a quote, please. And, even though that might be dirty, dirty crap happens during games. You damn well know that New England players were pulling the same crap the whole game, as did San Diego players. That has nothing to do with the **** the Patsies pulled at the end of the game. Act like you've been there before, which you have.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Ch to the argers

Quote:
Let me get this straight... Merriman can hit Brady early in the game after he releases the ball... and then does his dance... even though he did not even register a sack- but the Pats can't mimick that dance after the game?
I don't care if your team immitated the stupid dance during the game, hell they did immitate during the game. But doing it after the game is over in the middle of the field on your opponents icon is immature, and idiotic. Much like Miami U.

Quote:
Merriman can predict a Jet's victory over the Pats the week before, but the Pats have to stay quiet after the game.
The Pats can say whatever the hell they want to say after the game. No one on here calls Merriman some class act, so don't expect us to ever call anyone on your team a class act either. BTW, what do you want him to say? The guy asked him who he would rather play, instead he predicted who he thought would win. The game was pretty close at halftime.

Quote:
Merriman can predict a victory over the Pats prior to yesterday, but the Pats have to stay quiet after yesterday's game.
Same as above.

Quote:
The San Diego Charger's management won't make any tickets available to Pats fans unless we can come up with a CA shipping address, but that's okay.
Damn right, and it's nothing new in sports either. Sorry if it pissed off some of you northeasterners, but none of you would want to come down to the land of surfers, illegals, and potheads anyways, right?

Quote:
A Charger can head butt a Patriot and that's okay
Ellis Hobbs can punch Eric Parker in the head, and that's okay? Hell, atleast Florences idiotic act was penalized. Nobody said it was ever okay either.

Quote:
A Charger can shove a Patriot after the extra point that apepared to seal the deal for the Chargers, but that's okay.
I don't know where you're getting that Chargers fans think that it's okay. But I will say this, that game was much rougher than watching it on the television could tell you. The Patriots gave plenty of it out.

Quote:
A Charger can pose and point and wave his arms after downing a ball at the one and that's okay.
THE PATRIOTS CELEBRATE AT MIDFIELD AFTER THE GAME, MOCKING ONE PLAYER, MERRIMAN, AND THAT IS OFF LIMITS?
IT'S IN THE COURSE OF THE GAME JERKOFF!!!!! YOUR TEAM DID THE SAME **** AFTER EVERY SACK! IT'S DOING IT AFTER THE GAME, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD THAT's UNNACCEPTABLE. Whatever, you're the NFL's version of MIAMI U I guess.

Quote:
LT was totally off base and his classy image is going to take a big hit after this one. And....What the hell did Belichick have to do with players celebrating.
I doubt if LT cares if his classy image looks tarnished to a bunch of Patriot fans. Maybe he should have pointed out how the Pats inhibited the Chargers entrance by not coming out of the tunnel when they were supposed to, and waiting until the Chargers were called out on the field before coming out.
Quote:
I was at the Pats-Chargers game last year and the Charger players were jumping around all over the field after the win, including one player doing the snow angel celebration in the end zone. You already saw the quotes form last year's game. Did we complain? NO... we never do. We know our day will come....

How about really being classy:

LT- apologize and admit you were just pissed over losing.
Charger fans- Admit LT was wrong and congratulate the Pats on winning

Or are you classless?
LT better not apologize for being absolutely correct, especially not to the likes of Patriot fans. The Chargers didn't even make the playoffs in 05, they showed their immaturity in that game. I guess that the Pats showed that they were the bigger men by one upping them in the playoffs? Call me classless, call me stupid, I don't care. Just get the hell off our boards and get back to trolling the Colts forums. You guys complained plenty after your loss to Denver in the playoffs. Just like if you lose to the Colts, you'll be back to complaining again. Don't act like you're the be all and end all of sports fans.

Quote:
Prior to LT opening his big mouth, you would have had the upper hand psychologically next year. Now, the Pats will be out to make you pay a second time.... forget about your players being pissed... the Pats will use this, as they always do... to motivate them. Your advantage is gone... and so is your season...

Advice for Merriman and the other trash talking Chargers: Next time- Win first; talk later....
[/quote]

Ooooo. I bet the players are really scared. If what you say is true, they were out to get us even more this year, and they needed a choke royal in order to win the game. You guys should be thanking Mcree for fumbling Brady's third interception, not goading us on for next years game.

Last edited by Smaug; 01-15-2007 at 03:58 PM..
Old 01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
LaserRocketArm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaosx
People seem to be missing the point that it wasnt really the mocking of SM's dance it was the Patriots "hanging around" at midfield and celebrating and doing it then. Congrats you won the game go back to the locker room and celebrate there and go back to your sorry city. If that would have happened in Philly or something fans probably would have stormed the field and beat the crap out of the players.
Huh if we don't want them dancing on our symbol we gotta protect our home first. And we didn't do that. Some of our players were talking plenty of trash before the game. I don't think it's surprising at all that it got thrown back at them. I dunno though man, LT really lost his cool. I haven't seen him like that publicly before.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
OC Charger Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRocketArm
Huh if we don't want them dancing on our symbol we gotta protect our home first. And we didn't do that. Some of our players were talking plenty of trash before the game. I don't think it's surprising at all that it got thrown back at them. I dunno though man, LT really lost his cool. I haven't seen him like that publicly before.
I think LT acted well within his classy limits. He stood up for his teammates and was we all know he is more humble and has more class then all of the NFL combined.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicowalker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

Patriots save their rallies for after they win Super Bowls. High School teams have pep rallies. "I'm going to hit Brady right in his mouth"
You have no right to criticise. Who the hell are you to say how it should be done. Ass. I, for one, think the rallies are cool. Dude, people come together for things like that. For once it REALLY doesn't matter what race, sex, socio-economic step, you are. If it means looking stupid to the rest of the nation for a few hours of brotherhood then call me stupid.

pao

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Hall of Famer

So anyone see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDJ_7L8zi0

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUSH8X5Be8o
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicowalker
Mike Ditka sure knows what he's talking about. Up 37-3 on the Pats in the SUper Bowl, ball on the one, he's got the greatest running back of all time (and a true class act fwiw, who Tomlinson rightfully emulates), who hasn't scored yet and is near the end of his career, and who gets the ball?

Dude, get over it! How long ago was THAT!

pao

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Fatherly advice

anyone say anything negative when TO showed up Dallas with his famous pose on the star and George Teague went out and cracked him...Teague was a hero...LT barely shoves a guy...and takes a shot at a coach...and now he is a monster...whatever...the media needs to look at their hypocracy...they said Teague was right for not letting TO do that...and now LT is wrong??? i dont get it
Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Fan since yesterday

Belichick is a grumpy turd. You see how tony dungy and herm edwards get along? They are friends and they could be seen laughing, smiling, and hugging each other before the Indy/chiefs game. Belichick could barely look at Mangini until they actually beat the Jets. Dude's a grump.
Closed Thread