Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Hall of Famer

I actually enjoy Darrens show more than anyones on 1090. The morning show guys are probably the worst way to get a day started. Kaplans and Billy Ray's amateur schtick really makes me wonder if theyre around because theyll probably take anyw age just to have a radio gig.

Rome's not bad his interviews are great and hes covers just about every sport out there.

1090 lost a lot of respect from me when they brought back gasbag Hamilton. His 2 day old breaking news and thinking hes still relevant in the sports scene is more comical than anything. If you want to talk about someone who has beef with the Chargers its him. He'll make you believe since he's no longer their play-by-play guy theyre cursed.

The second worst is the coach. He has an annoying voice and is always trying to make you think hes head d*ck in all things San Diego. Talking about someone like they're his best buddy.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Hall of Famer

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio at the office because we're not allowed to have music.

Scott and BR - Ugh. Sometimes I'll tune in the morning when they have an interesting guest.

Rome - I love it when he's not talking about sports but otherwise I'm over his schtick

Darren Smith - I do like him. It feels like I'm sitting down and having a beer with him and chatting about sports.

Hacksaw - A legend in his own mind. He's alright in small doses but when he takes callers it's brutal.

The Coach - Shouldn't speak ill of the ailing (he came back last night) but he is very earnest in what he says.

Dan Patrick - A little too stuffy for me. I like what he did with Oberman and the SNF stuff but he just doesn't have a great radio show

Chris Ello - I like him but his voice kind of gets on my nerves.

Myers and Hartman and Vic the Brick - The less said the better. FEEELIN' YOU!

The Drive with Josh Rosenburg and Jeff Doeseth - One of the guys I really like and the other is named Jeff. I do like the Power Hour and of course the Thursday night appearances but sometimes they recycle interviews which is lame.

Last edited by chargertom; 11-18-2009 at 12:02 PM..
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Hapapower Hawaiian/Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
I listen to a lot of sports talk radio at the office because we're not allowed to have music.

Scott and BR - Ugh. Sometimes I'll tune in the morning when they have an interesting guest.

Rome - I love it when he's not talking about sports but otherwise I'm over his schtick

Darren Smith - I do like him. It feels like I'm sitting down and having a beer with him and chatting about sports.

Hacksaw - A legend in his own mind. He's alright in small doses but when he takes callers it's brutal.

The Coach - Shouldn't speak ill of the ailing (he came back last night) but he is very earnest in what he says.

Dan Patrick - A little too stuffy for me. I like what he did with Oberman and the SNF stuff but he just doesn't have a great radio show

Chris Ello - I like him but his voice kind of gets on my nerves.

Myers and Hartman and Vic the Brick - The less said the better. FEEELIN' YOU!

The Drive with Josh Rosenburg and Jeff Doeseth - One of the guys I really like and the other is named Jeff. I do like the Power Hour and of course the Thursday night appearances but sometimes they recycle interviews which is lame.
same here and if the topic is not good i use this thing called the dial and change it to one of the other guys until i find something appealining.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Ch to the argers

Be happy for what you've got. Ever since I've moved up here to the Pacific Northwest I've been dying for some decent sports talk radio. The local guys up here are total hacks, and I don't know how they got their jobs. One of the local hosts became popular simply because he called into Jim Rome.....

Old 11-21-2009, 07:13 PM
SHUT UP ALREADY

rome is the man...i routinely find myself laughing out loud while listening to some of his takes. the best are the ****ty calls
Old 11-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Boltboy

Darrin Smith pick the Broncos over the Bolts on friday.