Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default Charger Fan Needs Seat Help

Starting this thread for a new member. They're going to take vacation so they can attend a game at the Q this year.

Please give them some advice on the best views, sections, seats, etc.

We are planning a family vacation from Canada and are looking for some insight to your great stadium. As my son is a HUGE NFL fan we are excited to see a Chargers game. I have looked through the site for all the in's and out's before we arrive one of the biggest questions I have is where is the best seating. I think (at least I am hoping) we have been able to get the rest of the information we need from the site.

Thanks in advance,
Excited for our first NFL game
Anierene

Thanks, Charger fans!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Plaza or club 50 yard line.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Starting this thread for a new member. They're going to take vacation so they can attend a game at the Q this year.

Please give them some advice on the best views, sections, seats, etc.

We are planning a family vacation from Canada and are looking for some insight to your great stadium. As my son is a HUGE NFL fan we are excited to see a Chargers game. I have looked through the site for all the in's and out's before we arrive one of the biggest questions I have is where is the best seating. I think (at least I am hoping) we have been able to get the rest of the information we need from the site.

Thanks in advance,
Excited for our first NFL game
Anierene

Thanks, Charger fans!
I've sat in many different sections, and I can offer the following advice:

1.) Try to stay within sections 27-42 for two reasons. The first, is that you will be on the home side, and are more likely to be surrounded by home team fans, which will make the experience much more fun. The second is, that facing the sun can be brutal, especially in September and October. You are guaranteed to have the sun at your back in these sections.

2.) The levels do not really matter. You'll have a great view in View, and save a lot of money. Plaza on the home side is the best (but also expensive if you are buying them from a season ticket holder). Don't sit past the 22nd row in Plaza otherwise you may be too far under the overhang. It's fun to see the whole stadium, and you don't want your view ruined.

3.) Try to avoid Field Level (I have season tickets there) if you do not feel like standing for the entire game. At the very least try to be higher than row 15 in Field.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up

Club may be hard to get, but I don't think you can beat the experience...the overhang during hot days, rainy days, is worth half the price in itself...and then you got all the other cool ammeneties...if it is for a special, rare vacation, you can not go wrong with the club seats...Enjoy!

Edit: Homeside is a good recommendation...if you don't have an overhang, this area of the stadium is more shaded than the visitor side...shade may seem trivial, but it can really make the difference in a pleasurable experience if you happen to go to a game when it is hot...
Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Rookie

Can anyone tell me please when do tickets go on sale?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Gates Open

Single game tickets usually go on sale in late July, last year it was until August 13
Old 04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
BHC Secretary of State

Cool

not trying to be contradictory but i had club seats last season and i was pretty disappointed at the lack of fan participation in my section. out of the couple hundred people around me only a few were standing up with me on defense and screaming their lungs out. when i go to a game i want to do everything in my power to effect the outcome of the game, and i don't think it's too much to ask to have fans who know when to make noise and when to be quiet. even with the better food, cleaner bathrooms, and bars... it just wasn't all i hoped for.

my advice is to get the lowest row seat possible in the view section. if you get the front row, you can even put your feet up on the railing in front of you you'll be sitting with the real fans, who know when to cheer and what to cheer for. the view is not bad at all, i even know of a fan or two that prefer view because it allows a better top-down viewing angle (the cameras are located just below it).

also... the best food available in the stadium imo is not even on the club level, they started having local gourmet food trucks on the ground level which have AWESOME food at comparably reasonable prices. definitely worth the walk.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackalacka View Post
i had club seats last season and i was pretty disappointed at the lack of fan participation in my section. even with the better food, cleaner bathrooms, and bars...

Hey Zack,

Just summing up your opinion...I noticed the lack of fan participation when I first got the seats a couple years ago too...I have been one of the loudest, while being respectful, in that area, and I'll tell you what...fan participation is markedly better than when I first got there...be the example you wish to see

And for a family affair, some may not want to bring there kids around roudy drunks...club level is much mellower with a different cast of people, but there are many quality fans...make no mistake...you may even be fortunate enough to sit next to some family and friends of the players...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Rookie

And for a family affair, some may not want to bring there kids around roudy drunks...club level is much mellower with a different cast of people, but there are many quality fans...make no mistake...you may even be fortunate enough to sit next to some family and friends of the players...[/QUOTE]

Where we live our seasons tickets are right in the roudy section so there is no fear of the kids being offended by the drunks (sometimes they are better then the games..lol).

I didn't realize when I agreed to the game how different things are between Canadian Football stadiums and American. I must say thanks to all of you for all your help and we can't wait to see the fun and excitement. I am sure where ever we end up sitting just being there will be beyond their dreams.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anierene View Post
Where we live our seasons tickets are right in the roudy section so there is no fear of the kids being offended by the drunks (sometimes they are better then the games..lol).

I didn't realize when I agreed to the game how different things are between Canadian Football stadiums and American. I must say thanks to all of you for all your help and we can't wait to see the fun and excitement. I am sure where ever we end up sitting just being there will be beyond their dreams.
Hello Anierene,

LoL...well I hope the Chargers give you a better performance than the drunks wherever you sit ...Have you decided which game your going to now that the schedule has been released??