Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABoltsFan View Post
too bad i didnt get a vote on which of use get to be "more equal than others"....

i like how your reply starts with "i figured"...

maybe "i figured" that most people who come to this forum never get to the draft talk section, and that "i figured" most people who come here for information would like an update on the current status. "i figured" that since the draft is the center point of the NFL world for the next 2 weeks that it would be worthy of the main discussion board. "I figured" that a global discussion on the draft would be worthy of a larger audience than the divided method you chose.

i guess "i figured" wrong.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. - Plato
Unfortunately, you did figure wrong. This website has designed multiple forums for a very good reason. It has also supplied the "NEW POSTS" link between "CALENDAR" and "SEARCH" on the top menu bar. I am very sorry that we are not able to provide you with the platform you personally desire, but as always we appreciate your input. The DRAFT TALK forum you are advocating is one of my favorites, and I hope it continues to be the center of attention for the next few weeks, as I'm sure it will be.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."
-Alexander Pope
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago81Sd View Post
This is a full time job guys! Respect it!
More like they have no life. Glad something will eventually be done about this crap. Infracting people for some of the dumbest reasons. Mods go on a power trip and dont even let people have a decent conversation without them messing it up or infracting people for the most dumb reasons.

Things you would see elementary kids say you would get infracted. Get real. These forums have quickly gone down hill because of them. Never seen some people so desperate to use there moderation powers on a forum.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbe View Post
More like they have no life. Glad something will eventually be done about this crap. Infracting people for some of the dumbest reasons. Mods go on a power trip and dont even let people have a decent conversation without them messing it up or infracting people for the most dumb reasons.

Things you would see elementary kids say you would get infracted. Get real. These forums have quickly gone down hill because of them. Never seen some people so desperate to use there moderation powers on a forum.
The forum rules are clearly defined, in print, and have been in place since 2004. Did you know the insults you just posted are against the rules?

YOU agreed to follow those rules, and the code of conduct when you created your account. This isn't an elementary school playground, and you're not an elementary kid who doesn't know any better.

There are hundreds of mud pits on the internet where you can go, and you don't have to be bothered by those pesky rules.

But to agree to follow them, and then complain when you get an infraction for violating them, is ludicrous.

It's a simple formula. Read the rules + follow the rules = no infractions.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:

The forum was set up the Chargers. They specifically wanted it to be family friendly and set the rules for the forum. The same ones you agreed to follow when it got set up. It's really very simple, follow the rules or pay the consequences. Now I'm going to assume you can find better ways to express yourself then resulting to verbal diarrhea or elementary play ground name calling.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:

This is truly incredible, considering the fact that you've had ONE infraction in three years time.

Those dern mean old, no life having mods.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:

I feel like Unicron!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Insert Something Clever

Default I haven't been posting much but...

I'm not sure why the Smack Shack looks the way it does.

Are all Raiders threads merged into one thread? And other teams too?

Was it a response to rulebreakers and headaches?

The way the forum looks now, all the fun has been taken out of it. JMHO.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
I'm not sure why the Smack Shack looks the way it does.

Are all Raiders threads merged into one thread? And other teams too?

The way the forum looks now, all the fun has been taken out of it. JMHO.
I agree, Dan. Long time no see. Most of the opposing teams fans don't show up anymore. They come in, break the rules, and they're gone. It's not the same. But Vengeance, and a couple Raider fans, and Denver fans show up once ina while.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan40 View Post
Precisely.

Guys register, and with their first post they go to the Smack Shack and post a profanity filled rant. Then they never post again. Or start a thread to say "Da sparklers suck!!11"

It's just easier to manage, divided up by teams. And outside the division, by conference.

We keep a pretty tight lid on it, and it seems a lot people would rather swear, rant, insult and name call than post up real smack. The good ones are around during the season, tho.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Veteran

I don't give a crap about the Smack Shack.

Except for Patriots fans. I ban them for being Patriots fans. They all know that. They kiss my feet.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.