Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Charger Dodger's Avatar
Charger Dodger Charger Dodger is offline
RIP 55
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fresno
Posts: 6,774
Default

I've always liked that name Hightower ever since Police Academy.

But we can get him if we traded down, otherwise he's kind of a reach at 18. A lot of mocks have him going early 2nd.
__________________
"I told everybody if I went to Pittsburgh, I would've had to throw up on my jersey every time we played" Jarret Johnson
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
ottotelfser's Avatar
ottotelfser ottotelfser is offline
Brazilian Charger 4 Life
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sorocaba
Posts: 391
Default

I don't think we need him, but it's looking as though the FO doesn't think so.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...headline_stack

I wouldn't really like this pick at 18.
__________________


Brazil !!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM
ChampCharger's Avatar
ChampCharger ChampCharger is offline
<--- Bolt
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 3,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottotelfser View Post
I don't think we need him, but it's looking as though the FO doesn't think so.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...headline_stack

I wouldn't really like this pick at 18.
I think you have to consider him there... but I just feel like they'll be a better prospect that falls to us at #18 that's a better fit altogether.

That being said: AJ wants a dominant, dictating defense... and hightower is a thumper. If he were drafted, you could probably start up the "You can't run!" chants again.
__________________
2013 ChampCharger Mock (The 2-Year Plan)
1st: Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina
2nd: Jesse Williams, NT - Alabama
3rd: Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana
4th: Chase Thomas, OLB - Stanford
5th: Ty Powell, MLB - Harding
6th: Ricky Wagner, OT - Wisconsin
7th: Steve Means, OLB - Buffalo
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Boltjolt's Avatar
Boltjolt Boltjolt is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 7,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCharger View Post
I think you have to consider him there... but I just feel like they'll be a better prospect that falls to us at #18 that's a better fit altogether.

That being said: AJ wants a dominant, dictating defense... and hightower is a thumper. If he were drafted, you could probably start up the "You can't run!" chants again.
As always for me, it depends on who is on the board but i wouldnt mind if we drafted Hightower there. He could play ILB and some OLB. Versatile player.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 PM
ottotelfser's Avatar
ottotelfser ottotelfser is offline
Brazilian Charger 4 Life
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sorocaba
Posts: 391
Default

It's not like I hate the guy, I just think we have bigger needs: a real OLB, SS, and CB; if he can really play outside I'm fine with the pick.
__________________


Brazil !!

Last edited by ottotelfser; 04-20-2012 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Thunderstruck's Avatar
Thunderstruck Thunderstruck is offline
TY Kris Dielman
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lakeside
Posts: 12,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottotelfser View Post
I don't think we need him, but it's looking as though the FO doesn't think so.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...headline_stack

I wouldn't really like this pick at 18.
Liar's month. Believe nothing.

I mean, it might be true, but an article that says the Chargers are interested in him literally might mean the Chargers have no interest in him whatsoever.
__________________
GO BOLTS!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Boltjolt's Avatar
Boltjolt Boltjolt is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 7,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottotelfser View Post
It's not like I hate the guy, I just think we have bigger needs: a real OLB, SS, and CB; if he can really play outside I'm fine with the pick.
LOL, what is a real OLB?

Most of those guys who will be OLB's were DE's in college....except for Upshaw and perhaps Hightower who played all over. He played ILB, on the DL and rushed off the edge in their 3-4 defense.

What they are doing is drafting the guy they like best to transition to a OLB for us. Could be Hightower...who can play both ILB and OLB or it could be Merciles, Upshaw or Perry.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Posts: 16,414
Default

I think all he meant by that is if he will be able to play OLB fulltime in the NFL.
__________________

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM
ChampCharger's Avatar
ChampCharger ChampCharger is offline
<--- Bolt
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 3,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
LOL, what is a real OLB?

Most of those guys who will be OLB's were DE's in college....except for Upshaw and perhaps Hightower who played all over. He played ILB, on the DL and rushed off the edge in their 3-4 defense.

What they are doing is drafting the guy they like best to transition to a OLB for us. Could be Hightower...who can play both ILB and OLB or it could be Merciles, Upshaw or Perry.
OR they could be drafting a Middle Linebacker who can stay on the field on 3rd downs by making him a pass-rusher (on 3rd downs)...
__________________
2013 ChampCharger Mock (The 2-Year Plan)
1st: Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina
2nd: Jesse Williams, NT - Alabama
3rd: Robert Alford, Southeastern Louisiana
4th: Chase Thomas, OLB - Stanford
5th: Ty Powell, MLB - Harding
6th: Ricky Wagner, OT - Wisconsin
7th: Steve Means, OLB - Buffalo
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Posts: 16,414
Default

And that's the question... is Hightower good enough getting after the QB to be a legitemate 3rd down pass rusher? If the answer is yes, then I'm interested. But our personnel staff is going to have to satisfy themselves as to the answer to that question.
__________________

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 AM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.