Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

In a year where the pickings are slim I wish we would have lost another game to move up 5-6 spots to Grab kuechly or Decastro. I think one of them would have been available at #12 pick. I'm sorry but if your not drafting inside the top 15 this year you might as well trade out of #18 and get more draft picks next year or two in the second round etc. I would mortgage a little bit this year to get a solid starter for the next five years who would be an impact player. If either one of these two players drop out of the top 10 I would seriously think about moving up 5-6 spots to get one of them. I would give up a third this year and a third next year to get a sure fire starter in this draft. But that's just me. Opinions may vary.

I was looking at CBS draft board and i bet we could even trade with arizona or dallas and move up 4-5 spots for a third round pick. It looks like Dallas wants to draft either a safety or DB and that would be perfect for a trade as they can get someone very good at #18.

Last edited by gzubeck; 04-13-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
In a year where the pickings are slim I wish we would have lost another game to move up 5-6 spots to Grab kuechly or Decastro. I think one of them would have been available at #12 pick. I'm sorry but if your not drafting inside the top 15 this year you might as well trade out of #18 and get more draft picks next year or two in the second round etc. I would mortgage a little bit this year to get a solid starter for the next five years who would be an impact player. If either one of these two players drop out of the top 10 I would seriously think about moving up 5-6 spots to get one of them. I would give up a third this year and a third next year to get a sure fire starter in this draft. But that's just me. Opinions may vary.
I agree, seriously.

This is my opinion, and what I believe AJ SHOULD do. I absolutely love this kid, and I think he may be very very special. Barring injury, something about this kid is just crazy.

Somehow trade down to Chiefs spot. Im not saying packaging our 2nd this year, but here me out.

This division is getting tougher, and Denver has Von Miller and Elvis, those 2 are really darn good and miller is only gonna get better. They play us good, and because of those 2. I know bailey and others, but 2 awesome lb's.

KC, remember they had alot of people out on that D, Berry is special, and we have yet to see his best. They also have Derrick johnson, i like him, and guess what THIS is where they have Luke Kuechly going!!!!!NOOOOOOO

Him lined up on the other side of Derrick johnson, not good for us again, that D has some talent, and berry too. If they are healthy, tough D.

We need this guy, so that our BOLTS have that type of havoc in our LB core.

Butler-Kuechly-Phillips-Johnson, along with Barnes, takeo, this would be a strong core in lbs, and we would not have to face 2 divisional teams with very tough LB core.

I dont want him going to KC, and seattle other team, they are 14th, i think.

please dont flame me down, just an insight of what we could have to face twice a season if he goes to KC. Make a trade with KC, and get him!

Also, did you guys see that sports science on him, he hits with 3250 pounds of force

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7784610

Last edited by mhchargerfan; 04-14-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
All-Pro-Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhchargerfan View Post
KC, remember they had alot of people out on that D, Berry is special, and we have yet to see his best. They also have Derek thomas, i like him, and guess what THIS is where they have Luke Kuechly going!!!!!NOOOOOOO

Him lined up on the other side of Derek thomas, not good for us again, that D has some talent, and berry too. If they are healthy, tough D.
Derrick Thomas died a while ago, retired before that, and played OLB
I assume you mean Derrick Johnson?

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU (Darqueze Dennard, CB / Cyrus Kouandjio, OT)
2.) Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State (Deone Bucanon, SS / Louis Nix III, NT)
3.) Trai Turner, OG, LSU (Pierre Desir, CB / Terrence Brooks, SS)
4.) Caraun Reid, NT, Princeton:(JaWuan James, OT / Brent Urban, DE)
5.) Jonathan Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky
6.) Devon Kennard, OLB/ILB, USC
7.) L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri
Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
RIP 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post

I was looking at CBS draft board and i bet we could even trade with arizona or dallas and move up 4-5 spots for a third round pick. It looks like Dallas wants to draft either a safety or DB and that would be perfect for a trade as they can get someone very good at #18.
I have a feeling Decastro will be long gone by 18. So will Kuechly. IMO I think the bigger value would be doing as you say and trade with Dallas and a 2nd, 4th rounder for the 18th overall. Theres many players to be had at 2nd round, still have great value late 1st/early 2nd rounder that can move up to 1st.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Veteran

I have Kuechly as the second best defensive player in the draft after Morris Claiborne, with that being said I want the best defensive player available to be our pick at 18. Realistically I think we would have to trade up to get him and I would not be upset if AJ decided to go up and grab him.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
I have a feeling Decastro will be long gone by 18. So will Kuechly. IMO I think the bigger value would be doing as you say and trade with Dallas and a 2nd, 4th rounder for the 18th overall. Theres many players to be had at 2nd round, still have great value late 1st/early 2nd rounder that can move up to 1st.
I'm not following you here??? You want to trade a 2nd for a 4 spot move-up? I would think a third and something other would suffice. I would not trade our second round pick unless they gave us their third round pick for a swap. That means dallas would have our #18 and our #2 pick and we get their 1 at #14 and two thirds. I really don't have any needs for fourth round picks and that would be an even bigger waste. All we need is 3 solid starters in the draft and were OK. No?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 PM
N.F.L. ***** Alumni Assoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
Butler and Kuechly not only sound like a Law Firm they'd make a good LB tandem too.
To me it sounds more like mutual partners in a mortuary "laying them out one play at at time".
Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerBooster View Post
To me it sounds more like mutual partners in a mortuary "laying them out one play at at time".
The Morticians...
Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamfed View Post
Derrick Thomas died a while ago, retired before that, and played OLB
I assume you mean Derrick Johnson?

yes I did, typing to fast. Fixed thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 04:19 AM
God of Thunder+Bolts

I just have this feeling they are going to move and get Kuechly. Mainly because they are touching all of their bases for depth in free agency.

My approach would be move up and get Kuechly, or trade down for Curry/Fleener.

Resign DX, MF, Butler. Draft:

Dee Ford OLB, Jean-Baptiste CB, Daniel McCullens NT, Ahmad Dixon S, Trey Millard FB, and a (??) Percy Harvin/McCluster/Corrdelle Patterson type receiver for all purpose yards.