Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 02:41 PM
"THE CHOSEN ONE"

This thread got resurrected from the dead?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers4life View Post
This thread got resurrected from the dead?
Since there are about a dozen threads about Dr. Chao, I chose the most recent to merge the latest one with.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Rookie

Honestly I think you guys are completely overreacting and scapegoating the doctor for the teams' injuries because that compensates somehow for the losses (injuries period do a little, not this guy because he isn't the Trailblazers and what they did to hurt Oden by not following recommendations). Dean Spanos studied the injuries, they were mostly point of contact injuries. They've also at times taken very good care of the players and enabled them to play comfortably with injuries.

Accusations of malpractice and lawsuits are really not that uncommon, people sue all the time and doing it to doctors no matter what happened likely will result in a settlement if there's any possible case at all. If he had alcohol problems in the past that's sad and he's hopefully moved past it but I honestly doubt it has interfered with his job or else he wouldn't have so many including this one for a while. It's also safe to assume the players like him or at least accept him, if they felt that they weren't been treated appropriately don't you think that would be said quite bluntly and fast? There's no reason to keep him beside the fact that he's likely a good doctor and it's extremely safe to assume he's practicing legally, therefore I have no problem with it. Deadspin posts allegations and stories without actually getting to the bottom of the facts because that's work and won't be as interesting. And please stop scapegoating, although our team is referred to as injury prone often things like Mathew's high ankle sprain and even some Larry English foot stuff resulted directly from action on the football field that the doctor can't control. Take a chill pill guys, Dean emphasized he would look at the injury history and they looked over everything in the team including this doctor I'm sure. Trust the higher-ups and that players probably don't dislike him like some disliked Manusky and voiced it.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamon View Post
Honestly I think you guys are completely overreacting and scapegoating the doctor for the teams' injuries because that compensates somehow for the losses (injuries period do a little, not this guy because he isn't the Trailblazers and what they did to hurt Oden by not following recommendations). Dean Spanos studied the injuries, they were mostly point of contact injuries. They've also at times taken very good care of the players and enabled them to play comfortably with injuries.

Accusations of malpractice and lawsuits are really not that uncommon, people sue all the time and doing it to doctors no matter what happened likely will result in a settlement if there's any possible case at all. If he had alcohol problems in the past that's sad and he's hopefully moved past it but I honestly doubt it has interfered with his job or else he wouldn't have so many including this one for a while. It's also safe to assume the players like him or at least accept him, if they felt that they weren't been treated appropriately don't you think that would be said quite bluntly and fast? There's no reason to keep him beside the fact that he's likely a good doctor and it's extremely safe to assume he's practicing legally, therefore I have no problem with it. Deadspin posts allegations and stories without actually getting to the bottom of the facts because that's work and won't be as interesting. And please stop scapegoating, although our team is referred to as injury prone often things like Mathew's high ankle sprain and even some Larry English foot stuff resulted directly from action on the football field that the doctor can't control. Take a chill pill guys, Dean emphasized he would look at the injury history and they looked over everything in the team including this doctor I'm sure. Trust the higher-ups and that players probably don't dislike him like some disliked Manusky and voiced it.
We really need a like button -- Mods? Suggest to dev?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241053

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM

Aw the yearly thread is a bit early this year.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamon View Post

"Like"

Great post man...spot on!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Charger Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abild View Post
Wow. If all of this is true I just can't understand why he's still here?
I wouldn't be surprised if his continued employment is because of what he knows about the teams players past and present.

You wouldn't want to open that pandora's box do you? Word is that despite all his issues, he is really good at what he does.

Last edited by strykr619; 04-17-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykr619 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if his continued employment is because of what he knows about the teams players past and present.

You wouldn't want to open that pandora's box do you? Word is that despite all his issues, he is really good at what he does.
Is that why he cleared Dielman to fly with a concussion?

Biggest Bolt fan across the pond
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 AM
THE BRAZILIAN

Beyond a good HC hiring and a good Draft I am waiting too much for Tom Telesco resign David Chao

GO TT!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 AM
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Charger View Post
Is that why he cleared Dielman to fly with a concussion?
I don't think this has anything to do with Chao. That was an unreported injury that he played through on the field (Dielman made the decision to tough it out) and training staff didn't necessarily know about it before he got on the plane independently. And a freak seizure occurred.

I've read every negative article about Chao. I can't name another team doctor with as many blemishes. That said, we can't blame him for EVERYTHING.