Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniptilla View Post
Hester was a mistake. Smith gave up to much for the guy. But that's water under the bridge now...I was hoping he would sign with another team, did not happen....so he is a Bolt for one more year. No big deal....just one more year. I think he never has shined at doing anything particularly well, and has blown blocking assignments and made mental mistakes in the past. I don't expect much at all out of him. I feel he can be easily replaced with someone else that has more upside.
i agree my friend, and am i the only one that laughed at your first sentence here? lol. unless he doms this year, it is very obvious smith saw something in him that we've yet to see come to fruition in the nfl, judging by his ridiculous trade-up for him.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD1040 View Post
We might get that back in Justin Forsett. He's one of the free agent running backs the Chargers might be interested in according to a Union Tribune article. He's been a backup RB for Seattle. I've read in a few places that at 5'-8" and 190 lbs he's too small to take the punishment an NFL running back gets, but he's started some games and his stats look OK.

His pass blocking is pretty good and he catches passes out of the backfield so he'd be a good 3rd down back. (We're not going to get a 3rd down back in the draft because it takes new guys a few years to get up to speed in reading blitzes.) He also returns punts.

I've only been able to find a couple highlight videos on him, but he looks like a guy who's a threat to take it to the house every time he gets the ball in his hands. Yeah, everyone looks good in highlight reels so take it for what it's worth.

Oh, and back on topic, I like the Hester re-signing. We now have a backup fullback who's been a starter for 4 years. What's wrong with that?
It makes too much sense for the Chargers to sign him. AJ will go after some guy that nobody has ever heard about before to make it seem like he found another diamond in the rough.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Rookie

I think hes a decent signing good special teams player at worst.