Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Friar Talk > Friars General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM
jimdeb06

Default Angels Fan Fest 2012

I attended the last 2 years. They have a fenced off area. it cost $5.oo for a ticket to get in. They have a few booths setup to show off and sell stuff. Then they set up 2 tables one at each end and 2 players sit down to sign. I think there were 3 different sessions. They signed for 2 hours each. No list ahead of time that I saw. The line starts early so you have to choose a side and hope for the best. I got Bobby Abreu and Hank Conger last year, not sure if I'm going this year

Keep in mind both year the event was held before the season started

Hope this helps

Last edited by jimdeb06; 04-19-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Rookie

Does anyone go for autos from the guys who played in the PCL for the Padres?

Would love to hear of any success'

-Thoma
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Rackmaster Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe25 View Post
I hear of a new card shop in downtown on 5th. Can anyone confirm this and let me know the name of the store please thanks.

I just know of PJ's and Rancho as the only card shops down here.
CJ's unfortunately closed well over a year ago. The only major sports card/memorabilia shops I'm aware of in SD are Centre City Sports downtown on 6th st., Clairemont Sportscards, All-Star Cards in Santee, Rancho Bernardo Sportscards, and another shop in Escondido (I believe also called All-Star). American Icon in Rancho Bernardo has a limited amount of sports cards, but they also have the best selection of unsigned (and signed) 8x10s in town. The shop is open only by appointment now, so you need to call ahead before you head out there. I've heard rumors of another major shop opening up in the area, but have yet to find any details on it. If it's been open for more than a few weeks, then they've done an extremely poor job of advertising it!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
-------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumud View Post
CJ's unfortunately closed well over a year ago. The only major sports card/memorabilia shops I'm aware of in SD are Centre City Sports downtown on 6th st., Clairemont Sportscards, All-Star Cards in Santee, Rancho Bernardo Sportscards, and another shop in Escondido (I believe also called All-Star). American Icon in Rancho Bernardo has a limited amount of sports cards, but they also have the best selection of unsigned (and signed) 8x10s in town. The shop is open only by appointment now, so you need to call ahead before you head out there. I've heard rumors of another major shop opening up in the area, but have yet to find any details on it. If it's been open for more than a few weeks, then they've done an extremely poor job of advertising it!
CJ's closed down, but there is a PJ's still around, in Chula Vista.

Cisco69 does a lot of (great) breaks down there:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Cisco69?feature=g-all-u

Last edited by MathewsNotMatthews24; 05-09-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Old 05-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Rackmaster Flex

While the Pads are away I'll post a couple of 'other' recent successes here in the city. The first is with Food Network star Giada De Laurentiis. I'm a bit of a foodie, so I've recently become a fan of her shows. I heard she was doing a book signing at Williams & Sonoma in Mission Valley, so I decided to check it out. I couldn't believe how many people showed up for the signing! There were easily 400-500 people in attendance when the signing started, and I was about 3/4 of the way back in line. Security was pretty strict about no photos until after you went through the line and got your book signed, and they had a no memorabilia policy posted up a well. She was also signing with red Sharpies the store provided her. Despite churning and burning through books, she did take time to look up at everyone and thank them for coming (and she looked great doing it!). I used the opportunity to ask her to switch to my blue Sharpie, which she did. Then I pulled out a magazine from my bag and asked her to sign it before security could intervene, which she also gladly signed with my marker. I had a second magazine on me, but I thought it would be a bit too much to ask her to sign that too at that moment. So, I waited until the signing was done, and caught her on her way out of the store to get the second magazine done. Everythig turned out great, despite the long wait!

Old 05-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Rackmaster Flex

The second success is with PHISH lead singer Trey Anastasio. I got a tip that he was in town helping to write music for a musical at the La Jolla Playhouse, and that he was throwing out the first pitch at a Padres vs. Rockies game last week. So, I headed out to try my luck. We were able to catch him after he threw out the first pitch, and was heading back through the tunnel into the stadium. He grabbed my blue Sharpie and ran with it. I was able to get 2/3 photos done, and he signed a few items for some other fans along the railing before he headed in...

Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM
derntootin

Default Jesus Guzman signing?

I heard on XX1090 that Jesus Guzman was signing sometime soon. Anyone know the details?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Rackmaster Flex

I saw that Christie Brinkley was coming to town with the musical 'Chicago' last week, so I went out a couple of nights to try her out. I've been a HUGE fan of hers since I was a kid, for obvious reasons! She was really nice in-person, and came out about 30 minutes after the end of the show. She signed and took photos with those of us who were there, usually 1-per but she was easy to double dip. The only problem was that she is not a fan of blue Sharpies. I think the New York graphers ruined her on that! The first night 'Lou's 1st Law of Graphing' held true, which is "for the celebrity who runs with the first pen handed to them, the first idiot who approaches shall inevitably hand them the crappiest black Sharpie possible." In our case it was an ultra fine point black Sharpie, and she ran with it. So, I had to settle getting the Playboy done in that pen, which actually didn't turn out too bad. The second night I was the first to approach her, so she signed 1 photo in the blue Sharpie. But then she asked her assistant for a black Sharpie and ran with that afterward. Overall is was a great experience, and I finally got to meet one of the most famous super models of all-time. She still looks amazing too!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Jesus Guzman
Sat 5/19
12-1pm
Food4Less
312 N. Euclid Ave
Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Rookie

Default Jesus Guzman signing

I went to the Jesus Guzman signing today at Food 4 Less and got my ROMLB signed! Not too many people were there, maybe about 40-50, but only a handful were interested in getting something signed, which made it easy if you wanted multiple sigs. I also won free Padre tickets to a game in September! Jesus was very nice, but the music was so loud I couldn't really talk to him.