Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Friar Talk > Bring the Smack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM
All-Pro

Default Rivalry

You know, I have taken at face value the statement from dodger fans that the Padres are not their rivals, truthfully I see more rivalry against the giants specially after last season with Jonathan sanchez and now Mat Latos; more bad blodd with Denver with the rockies and donkeys; but then Broxton and the rest of the dodgers use Padre players for target practice, and expect the Padres not to retaliate.

Make up your mind.

GO PADRES!!!!!!

Last edited by Tjchargerfan; 04-28-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 01:25 PM
All-Pro

And now the O'Malleys may become the Padres owners; it may become the biggest rivalry.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM
RIP 55

I never saw Pads as a threat to be honest. I just give Pads fans a hard time. But Pads fans hate us for some reason. Maybe it's because of our success in the West.

Dodgers = The Chargers of the NL West
Pads = The Chiefs of the NL West

still rivals, but not bitter like Dodgers vs Giants (Raiders)
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
I never saw Pads as a threat to be honest. I just give Pads fans a hard time. But Pads fans hate us for some reason. Maybe it's because of our success in the West.

Dodgers = The Chargers of the NL West
Pads = The Chiefs of the NL West

still rivals, but not bitter like Dodgers vs Giants (Raiders)
Well the "hate" comes from the fact that dodger fans and the players expect the Padres not to play to win and get outraged when the Friars win; despite the bad blood between the Dwarves and Padres, or Rockies-Padres, neither team expect the Padres to bend over, same can be said about the Cardinals and the most abusive fans are dodger fans, and that is why.

As for comparing the dodgers with the Chargers? Sorry No way! Chargers are like the Padres, gone to the big dance and have not won, I would compare the dodgers with the donkeys but after the incident last year of the dwarf fan at dodger stadium it makes more sense to compare them with the faiders, the thug mentallity goes perfectly with the dodger mentallity and both franchises have titles in 2 cities and dodger fans are very abusive when they visit PETCO.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjchargerfan View Post
Well the "hate" comes from the fact that dodger fans and the players expect the Padres not to play to win and get outraged when the Friars win; despite the bad blood between the Dwarves and Padres, or Rockies-Padres, neither team expect the Padres to bend over, same can be said about the Cardinals and the most abusive fans are dodger fans, and that is why.

As for comparing the dodgers with the Chargers? Sorry No way! Chargers are like the Padres, gone to the big dance and have not won, I would compare the dodgers with the donkeys but after the incident last year of the dwarf fan at dodger stadium it makes more sense to compare them with the faiders, the thug mentallity goes perfectly with the dodger mentallity and both franchises have titles in 2 cities and dodger fans are very abusive when they visit PETCO.
Anyone that "hates" athletes from another team or their fans has issues. How can you hate people you don't even know personally? Generalizing and stereotyping is very immature and there is no logic to it. If the Dodgers didn't move to Los Angeles, then San Diego wouldn't even have an MLB team. The Dodgers opened the Major League door to the West, followed later by the Giants. From your rambling posts, it's obvious that you're jealous of the Dodgers six World Series titles. And the Padres are not the Dodgers rival by the way, that honor clearly belongs to the San Francisco Giants. Your Padres are just another team on a very long 162 game schedule.

Last edited by crixus; 05-07-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Bolted @ Birth

The Dodgers rival is San Francisco and the Diamondbacks rival is Colorado.

Do the Padres even have a rival?

Speaking of the Dodgers and Giants, LA globbered them tonight.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixus View Post
Anyone that "hates" athletes from another team or their fans has issues. How can you hate people you don't even know personally? Generalizing and stereotyping is very immature and there is no logic to it. If the Dodgers didn't move to Los Angeles, then San Diego wouldn't even have an MLB team. The Dodgers opened the Major League door to the West, followed later by the Giants. From your rambling posts, it's obvious that you're jealous of the Dodgers six World Series titles. And the Padres are not the Dodgers rival by the way, that honor clearly belongs to the San Francisco Giants. Your Padres are just another team on a very long 162 game schedule.
You got it backwards, the dodgers did not open baseball for the west coast, the Padres, Angels, Seals, Oaks, Stars and Rainiers opened the door, the PCL was ready to expand and become the third MLB organization, but Pearl Harbor happened and the plan was put on hold and before the PCL could organize and become the third league, the dodgers and Giants moved; and they did it at the same time otherwise it would have not worked.

Last edited by Tjchargerfan; 05-10-2012 at 03:56 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM
All-Pro

It amuses me how dodger fans explain themselves without adressing the issue; they have not adrressed the issue of dodgers players using Padres players as target practice, have not adrressed the posibility of the O'Malleys buyng the Padres and how would that afect the dynamic between the 2 franchises if any.

Amusing.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Per usual, you're wrong Tjcharger. As I stated above, the Dodgers were the first MLB team out West. Your minor league Padres and the Angels and Seals were not Major League teams back in the 50's when the Dodgers came to Los Angeles. There's a big difference between the minor leagues and the Major leagues. Just like there's a huge difference between your last place Padres and my first place Dodgers. And that difference is talent!

Once again, it's obvious you're jealous and that's why you have to make those sour grape excuse and spew your hatred. And that's why this will be my last responce to your childishness. But I do wish you well in life and hope that you'll grow up and change your attitude. You can be happy if you want to. There's more to life than sports, it's just a game afterall.

Last edited by crixus; 05-09-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixus View Post
Per usual, you're wrong Tjcharger. As I stated above, the Dodgers were the first MLB team out West. Your minor league Padres and the Angels and Seals were not Major League teams back in the 50's when the Dodgers came to Los Angeles. There's a big difference between the minor leagues and the Major leagues. Just like there's a huge difference between your last place Padres and my first place Dodgers. And that difference is talent!

Once again, it's obvious you're jealous and that's why you have to make those sour grape excuse and spew your hatred. And that's why this will be my last responce to your childishness. But I do wish you well in life and hope that you'll grow up and change your attitude. You can be happy if you want to. There's more to life than sports, it's just a game afterall.
Again you miss the point, I never said that they were a major league, there were plans for the PCL to become a Major League, the plans were put on hold due to WWII and after that before they could organize the dodgers and Giants moved west, to prevent the formation of a new league, the PCL paved the way for the MLB teams that moved here, that is why you have your dodgers in LA, originally they were headed to Atlanta, and the Giants to Minesotta, I doubt the rivalry could have endured that way.