Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Friar Talk > Friars General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM
RIP 55

Scrub is kind of pushing it I admit it. But he is playing like one right now. Sure it's a slump, but he also been declining since 09. Doesn't matter to Albert, he's sitting nice 25 mil a year.

I didn't want him on the Dodgers when they were rumored to entertain offers to him.

Last edited by Charger Dodger; 04-27-2012 at 02:51 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Chico's Bail Bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
...but he also been declining since 09.
Really not sure what kind of numbers you are expecting out of him, but to say he is "declining" is a bit premature. He is a stud and has put up big numbers every year that he has been in the Big Leagues. He is only going through this slump right now because he is pressing to hard to justify the new contract.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 PM
RIP 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiprocks1 View Post
Really not sure what kind of numbers you are expecting out of him, but to say he is "declining" is a bit premature. He is a stud and has put up big numbers every year that he has been in the Big Leagues. He is only going through this slump right now because he is pressing to hard to justify the new contract.
When I say a player's declining, it shows in their batting avg. Sure he's still jacking the homers, but imo batting avg is greater than homeruns and it's been showing since his monster year in 08, he's been declining since.

He sold his soul to Art Moreno and that'll be his downfall. You're right he's trying too hard to meet expectations, but he also lost a lot of weight. Maybe due to the "banned substance" added to the list in 2012? Who knows.

I would rather have Adrian Gonzalez. For 25 mil a year, everyone should be expecting a lot out of him.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 AM
I hate my Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
btw guys, at least we both can be glad that we didn't land Pujols am I right? What a scrub. Can't do anything after all the testing for banned substances.

On topic, glad to see the Pads string a few wins together. Hope I can make a game this summer, because there is NO baseball in Southern Utah. I just want to grab a hotdog and hang out on a warm summer night, is that so much to ask?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Another game changed by the human element in baseball. Just another reason why the sport needs to get with the times. Bass shouldn't be punished because MLB is still in the 19th Century. Football is dead wrong sometimes, but they get it right a whole lot more (Unless it's Ed Hochuli at a Bolts game).
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
~

Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

So I guess Ryan Braun smashed the moving in the fences idea....
Old 05-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Fan since '69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post

On topic, glad to see the Pads string a few wins together. Hope I can make a game this summer, because there is NO baseball in Southern Utah. I just want to grab a hotdog and hang out on a warm summer night, is that so much to ask?
Too bad that minor league team in St. George didn't make it. Don't you have JuCo or NCAA baseball in the area? It's better than none.

Last edited by crixus; 05-02-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Man...Heath Bell in full melt-down mode. Do we have some sort of super juice in the SD bullpen or something?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Fatherly advice

Padres are undefeated in May