Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Don't mess wid da dawg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltz8421 View Post
Hey guys I will be going also, New Orleans is just down the road from where I live. If you guys need any advice on where to stay or where to eat just let me know, I will be glad to offer some advice.
give us some info on if anyone can accomodate a tailgate for us out of town fans....we are willing to help pitch in for whatever is needed...we did it in denver....came up with a head count and an amount per person...so if you know any big time charger fans out there that does it up good...we can make it big....holla!!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Fisherman

I live in Baton Rouge. I will be there for sure. I am going to be there the night before im sure. If some of you want me to show you the night life in New Orleans the night before let me know!

I was at the Preseason game 2 years ago and got onto the UT news since i was on Bourbon street decked out in Chargers gear and also met Hester's Brother and saw RM's Mother.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Fisherman

BTW stay at the Hampton Inn on Carondelet street. It is literally one block from Bourbon Street (for the night life ) and not far from the stadium.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson
Old 04-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Rookie

Add my son to those turning 30 that weekend. We'll be at the Homewood Suites.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC-Chargerfan View Post
Ohh, haha... We weren't the ones actually hosting the tailgate. When i said we were 'with' them, i just meant that's the one we were at.

But it was a great party. It didn't quite compare to the one in Dallas in '09, but it was a great time.
What's up! My group organized the bus in Chicago last year. It was a good tailgate, a bit small compared to the Dallas or Denver road trips, but it was a good group of people. We're rolling to New Orleans this year, probably have around 20 people.

It looks like the tailgating is at bars instead of parking lots, so maybe no bus this year, unless people know otherwise. We need some locals to find a good place for us all to party on gameday, and a bar for the Saturday night Chargers party. In Denver someone knew the owner of a bar that hosted all us Charger fans Saturday night, let's find something like that again.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChargerNation View Post
What's up! My group organized the bus in Chicago last year. It was a good tailgate, a bit small compared to the Dallas or Denver road trips, but it was a good group of people. We're rolling to New Orleans this year, probably have around 20 people.

It looks like the tailgating is at bars instead of parking lots, so maybe no bus this year, unless people know otherwise. We need some locals to find a good place for us all to party on gameday, and a bar for the Saturday night Chargers party. In Denver someone knew the owner of a bar that hosted all us Charger fans Saturday night, let's find something like that again.
I think BoltsSmashin and a couple other people earlier in the thread said that they are either near or familiar with the area. Hopefully someone can give us suggestions. It would be fun to meet up with everyone before the game.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Fan since '69

NOTE: For those of you who are going to New Orleans and have never been there before, here's a helpful tip. The humidity is so thick there that you can cut it with a knife. And if you're not used to it, a lot of folks find it hard to breathe. So bring plenty of water to help cool you down until your body adjusts to it. And it doesn't matter what time of day or year you go down there, the humidity is always a problem. I've been to all 50 states and nowhere is worse than New Orleans. Keep a water bottle with you and have fun!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Rookie

I'm headed down (as Mari already knows), staying at the Hilton. I know of at least 6 people from NYC that are going (as of now) and 12-15 of my SD peeps are headed out as well. Def wanna organize a meet up/party the night before and a "tailgate" the day of. I organized pre-parties and tailgates here in NYC for the Giants game in '09 and the Jets game last year and it was an absolute blast to meet so many great Bolts fans. Also had awesome experiences doing the night before and the morning of thing in both Buffalo and Seattle. Can't wait to see you all...and yes, let's rock our blue & gold up and down Bourbon Street!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Rookie

Oh, and as of now I am staying Fri morning til Mon night, but I think I'm extending one more night and leaving Tues morning.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Don't mess wid da dawg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChargerNation View Post

I think that was chefbolt..or somethin like that..he was cool. he worked at the winery there and hooked it up....would be great to unite at one spot...do it right...yeaaaa buddy.