Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Charger View Post
And we did sign some O-line depth. Rex Hadnot is in tha house! What can you guys tell me about him?
Versatile and experienced guard. Isn't going to light the world on fire, but if one of our starters go down, he can step in no problem. Has a lot of starts, including a few at center.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Hall of Famer

How bout Barry Richardson? He's been a starter for a couple seasons in KC and he's a good run blocker. Henderson can be our backup to Gaither and Richardson can back up Clary. I think that's the tackle depth that we should look for.

I want Kelly Jennings or Justin King for corner depth. Two younger guys relative to what's left out there and both have some starting experience. Would be nice to have a veteran behind the starters in case Wright isn't ready to step up.

At running back I think who we bring in will depend on what we're looking for. Forsett is the best big-play threat and can bring some speed, Battle is probably the best remaining pure runner, and Addai would be the best veteran 3rd down RB. I would be happy with any of those three; it just depends on what the Chargers are looking for.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Veteran

Forsett! Make it happen AJ!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 AM
rywitcher

I could see a veteran backup RB, some help on O-Line, and maybe a Cornerback. I'd like us to move for Osi Umenyora but it prob won't happen.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 AM
God of Thunder+Bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
How bout Barry Richardson? He's been a starter for a couple seasons in KC and he's a good run blocker. Henderson can be our backup to Gaither and Richardson can back up Clary. I think that's the tackle depth that we should look for.

I want Kelly Jennings or Justin King for corner depth. Two younger guys relative to what's left out there and both have some starting experience. Would be nice to have a veteran behind the starters in case Wright isn't ready to step up.

At running back I think who we bring in will depend on what we're looking for. Forsett is the best big-play threat and can bring some speed, Battle is probably the best remaining pure runner, and Addai would be the best veteran 3rd down RB. I would be happy with any of those three; it just depends on what the Chargers are looking for.
Why did they release Barry Richardson?

Resign DX, MF, Butler. Draft:

Dee Ford OLB, Jean-Baptiste CB, Daniel McCullens NT, Ahmad Dixon S, Trey Millard FB, and a (??) Percy Harvin/McCluster/Corrdelle Patterson type receiver for all purpose yards.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Hall of Famer

I think we would have signed Addai if we could by now. There has to be an issue with signing him. Whether it's money, him being a backup or whatever, but I doubt we're signing him. Damn because I wanted him too....
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCharger View Post
Why did they release Barry Richardson?
Did they? I thought he just hit free agency. And they chose not to resign him because they brough in Eric Winston.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 AM
<-- Bolt Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolted View Post
I think we would have signed Addai if we could by now. There has to be an issue with signing him. Whether it's money, him being a backup or whatever, but I doubt we're signing him. Damn because I wanted him too....
AJ has been quoted as saying there are more FA running backs than there are jobs for them. I read a quote from Shannahan saying more or less the same thing.

I think NFL teams are just waiting for the FA running backs to get more desparate and drop their asking price.