Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will Oakland finish in the division?
Division Champs! 5 5.10%
Second place 6 6.12%
Third place 23 23.47%
The Basement 64 65.31%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Thanks, BlackHeart. Your comments are appreciated.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...of-junior-seau

I posted in the Seau thread about the state of depression and that its a serious ordeal that needs to be taking seriously. The brain is so complex and with my own personal experience dealing with people in that state of mind and I've been there myself years ago its not a state of mind I'll wish on anyone. Depression never really goes away you can only manage it with treatment and without treatment you are really in serious danger. Its not that a person with depression didn't love his or her family or not its that your mental health isn't well and if you keep it to yourself for so long without treatment it is dangerous.

And I do hate when people say that this or that person was selfish for killing themselves and the only reason I think they would say that is because their clueless of the feeling and think its just stress when its not its much more than that its a real mental illness that eats at you.

Again my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Thank you. Junior's death is a personal loss for many of us.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Thor Hammer Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance, Inc. View Post
Hey all, I just want to offer my condolences to the Seau family and the San Diego Chargers franchise and fans. Seau was a monster every year, in every game, and I don't need to tell you he was one of the best linebackers to play this game. He was one of the best adversaries I've seen, and his hatred for the Raiders made the rivalry intense and FUN, which is what it's all about. R.I.P. to a future Hall of Famer.
Thanks Vengeance. Seau was a childhood hero of mine growing up. Its almost surreal. True diehard Raider fans have shown sincere respect with Seau's passing and I (as with many Charger fans) appreciate that.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance, Inc. View Post
Hey all, I just want to offer my condolences to the Seau family and the San Diego Chargers franchise and fans. Seau was a monster every year, in every game, and I don't need to tell you he was one of the best linebackers to play this game. He was one of the best adversaries I've seen, and his hatred for the Raiders made the rivalry intense and FUN, which is what it's all about. R.I.P. to a future Hall of Famer.
You, sir, are a gentleman. I knew I could count on you.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
GO CHAHHGERS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
You, sir, are a gentleman. I knew I could count on you.

Thanks for the kind words.
^ x10..
Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Hall of Famer

I was very impressed by Raider fans and the Raider organization at large.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I posted in the Seau thread about the state of depression and that its a serious ordeal that needs to be taking seriously. The brain is so complex and with my own personal experience dealing with people in that state of mind and I've been there myself years ago its not a state of mind I'll wish on anyone. Depression never really goes away you can only manage it with treatment and without treatment you are really in serious danger. Its not that a person with depression didn't love his or her family or not its that your mental health isn't well and if you keep it to yourself for so long without treatment it is dangerous.

And I do hate when people say that this or that person was selfish for killing themselves and the only reason I think they would say that is because their clueless of the feeling and think its just stress when its not its much more than that its a real mental illness that eats at you.

People with serious depression are so overwhelmed they are incapable of thinking logically. It's very sad that in this day and age someone would still not understand what these people are going through. Thank you for your kind words.

RIP Junior
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks to the Raider fans for the kind words, understanding and acknowledgment of Junior Seau. It means something when your bitterest rival reaches out in this way.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 PM
You CAN'T Run!

Quote:

It's the saying pertaining to suicides; "the ultimate selfish act." I think it's the step that people go through after hearing about someone's death, no matter how much they know someone. There's the shock, then the denial, then the anger, then the acceptance. I might be skipping some steps but some people are legitimately angry that he decided to take his own life. People don't realize the job that Jr had. He was flying face first into people for nearly 30 years. His brain was jarred so many times and if you research concussions there's a lot of relationships with depression and concussions. He was on a level of depression that none of us will ever know so for anyone to criticize him for his decisions is unwarranted.
If anything good comes from this, I really hope it's the medical and mental help that should be given to players of the past. You know, when I say that it feels like I mean those players in the 60's and 70's, but really it's all past players. Every current player will eventually become a past player and there needs to be more help for them when their career comes to an end. Something needs to be done so this does not happen again
On a side note, Romanowski credited his mental recovery to vitamins called nootropics. Maybe that should be studied more because Romo was KNOWN for concussions and I always expected him to really be messed up but he seems pretty level nowadays.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Respect.