Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 10:30 PM
"THE CHOSEN ONE"

Default Mayweather vs. Cotto, Cinco de Mayo

Floyd "The Chicken" Mayweather vs. Miguel Cotto, this Saturday night, Cinco de Mayo. Who are you rooting for and why?

Also, in case you haven't already heard, Floyd just released another statement today now claiming "he won't risk his health by fighting Pacquiao".
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...nhancing-drugs
Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
"THE CHOSEN ONE"

I, obviously, AM NOT a Mayweather fan. I hope Cotto knocks him out, but that's not going to happen. I say Floyd wins by unanimous decision or by KO in the later rounds. Floyd is notorious for hand-picking his opponents like fruit off a tree, and once again, Mayweather will be facing an opponent tailor-made for him.

In regards to the comments he made about Manny today, I'm not the least bit surprised. It is so painfully obvious how scared he is of Manny Pacquiao. What a coward.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Lost but not found

I agree. Hope Cotto wins, but Mayweather probably will
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Power of 51

You can hate on Floyd all you want. His personality does get on your nerves, no doubt. BUT he has a natuaral talent, very fast hands. Cotto can't even keep a trainer, camp problems.
Cotto is big rank, I don't see how that is fruit picking opponents. Pacman won't test for drugs, cuz he uses all of them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mayweather for the money, baby.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Raider Kryptonite

Probably going to watch this fight on Sat. I know this is off topic but Mayweather naturally walks around 160lbs or so and at this point of his career he'll train to sharpen his skills as usuall but he isn't going to kill himself making weight (getting down to 147lbs, 150lbs, ect). Therefore I don't foresee a Pacman vs Mayweather fight ever.

I see Mayweather winning by points over 12 rounds.

The only way Cotto is winning is via knockdowns or knockouts which is unlikely. Cotto's best bet imo is using a straight right along with an effective left jab. If Cotto can effectively land uppercuts then watch out. But don't count on it.

Pacman exposed Cotto's good left jab by beating him to the punch. Floyd will do the same. Floyd will use speed to land some shots while Cotto is in his shell defense. I expect Cotto to get picked apart after round 6 due to suspect conditioning. If he gets lazy Floyd will score knockdowns via left check hook or straight rights.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran

Not crazy about Mayweather's behavior and/or personality BUT I have to admire and respect his skills.
I expect Floyd will win and win easily. I also think he would easily beat Manny. I love Manny but he's too small and doesn't have the defense that Floyd has. Ultimatley, Floyd's defense and speed sets him apart. He's a businessman and I have to agree with him in that he's just trying to set up an ultimate fight that we can't refuse to buy with Manny.
If we don't like him then we have to avoid paying to view him. The guy wins and I don't like him but I think he'll win.
Actually, I think Bradley has a very good chance against Manny.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM
"THE CHOSEN ONE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Pacman won't test for drugs, cuz he uses all of them.
Sir, this is simply not true. Let me break it down for you sir:

Excuse #1: Blood & urine testing. Manny eventually agreed to all blood & urine testing up to the day of the fight, as requested by Floyd. Then Floyd's next excuse was.....

Excuse #2: Pay cut/distribution. Floyd doesn't want Manny to see more than $40 million - even though the fight is expected to make over $150 million. Floyd also refuses to split 50/50 because "he is the bigger attraction, therefore he deserves the bigger cut". Anybody who understands business and boxing knows this is a ridiculous demand. It will take BOTH of these fighters to generate that kind of money. Floyd cannot do it without Manny and he knows it, and vice-versa. Manny's popularity equals, if not surpasses Floyd's. Same with their PPV revenues. Do the research and you will see that Pacquiao's PPV fights generate just as much money, if not more, than Mayweather's. In an effort to keep the fight alive, Pacquiao's camp even suggested to Floyd a 45/45 split with the winner getting the extra 10% and of course Floyd declined.

Excuse #3: "Manny has been using 'roids for so many years he has developed superhuman strength and now has the ability to permanently injure me during the fight even though I'm naturally the bigger, quicker man and have superior boxing skills". Really Floyd? That's a helluva accusation to make against someone without a single shred of evidence or proof. Scared.

FLOYD IS SCARED OF MANNY. It's really that simple, and painfully obvious, but Floyd would NEVER admit this because he's 42-0 and has way too much pride and way too much to lose. But it's the truth. As bad as Floyd is, he knows Manny is the one man who will put him to sleep and tarnish his record and legacy forever. Why in the world would he ever risk this? He wont. And that's why he runs his mouth all day with excuses and rhetoric. How can people not see this?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm rooting for Cotto..

Any fighter demolishing Mayweather gets bonus points from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
You can hate on Floyd all you want. His personality does get on your nerves, no doubt. BUT he has a natuaral talent, very fast hands. Cotto can't even keep a trainer, camp problems.
Cotto is big rank, I don't see how that is fruit picking opponents
. Pacman won't test for drugs, cuz he uses all of them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mayweather for the money, baby.
I'll give you that.

I'm hoping Cotto wins but I'm expecting Mayweather to come out the winner by decision..

With that said, it'll definitely be a treat for me if Mayweather gets KTFO...

Pick Your Poison...

Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Money Mayweather baby!

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
The Tasmanian Devil

I'm a Cotto fan and would love to see him put Mayweather on the canvas.

Judging Cotto's performance against Clottey, I see Mayweather as the clear favorite to win the fight.

I watch Mayweather and think he's slowed down quite a bit, but am fairly certain he would still humiliate Pacquiao. Pacquiao's greatest asset (imo) is his foot speed. It's very important that he has power in both hands, but his feet put him in position and keep him off target. Mayweather is just as effective with his feet, but doesn't seem to need it to not get hit.