Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
BoltUp

My favorite thing about Ingram is his relentlessness. He says he molds his game after Ray Lewis. His motor never stops and has great persuit from the backside. A guy with a great motor and great tape seem to be able to adjust to the NFL. I guess will all just have to wait and see!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Guys like Merriman are the prototype, but there's more than one way to be effective as a pass rusher. Manny Lawson from NCST has all the measurables to be an elite pass rusher (tall, massively long arms) but instead excels in coverage for the Bengals.

End of the day you need to be a guy that's willing to throw themselves into a fire to get to that QB, and be ready to flatten a tackle, guard, FB, TE or RB to get there. Ingram is bigger and more athletic than James Harrison who is the heart and soul of a #1 defense in Pittsburgh. It's too early to compare Ingram to Harrison, but its also WAY too early to call him a bust.

Personally I believe he'll be our best defensive player by 2014, maybe sooner.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Thor Hammer Defense

We're talking about a guy who's as athletic and agile as the Top 10 RBs, WR's, and CBs of his class. As for motor just consider his defensive/ST touchdowns which show him running as fast and much smoother than Tolbert with the ball in his hands. This while being 272lbs. Keep him down to 260lbs or so and let him loose on the QB.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packhorse View Post
Guys like Merriman are the prototype, but there's more than one way to be effective as a pass rusher. Manny Lawson from NCST has all the measurables to be an elite pass rusher (tall, massively long arms) but instead excels in coverage for the Bengals.

End of the day you need to be a guy that's willing to throw themselves into a fire to get to that QB, and be ready to flatten a tackle, guard, FB, TE or RB to get there. Ingram is bigger and more athletic than James Harrison who is the heart and soul of a #1 defense in Pittsburgh. It's too early to compare Ingram to Harrison, but its also WAY too early to call him a bust.

Personally I believe he'll be our best defensive player by 2014, maybe sooner.
I have said it before, but his build and play remind me more of Lamar Woodley.

I likey.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Time will tell? Heck we want immediate impact. Just as Von Miller tore it up earning defensive rookie of the year honors, we hope Ingram will do the same. Bolts are in dire need of a playmaker to get where they want to ultimately go...SuperBowl.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 PM
<<Offseason Program

I'm hoping for alot of QB sandwiches on Ingram/English bread.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
BoltUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
I'm hoping for alot of QB sandwiches on Ingram/English bread.
I can taste it now! mmm
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Time will tell? Heck we want immediate impact. Just as Von Miller tore it up earning defensive rookie of the year honors, we hope Ingram will do the same. Bolts are in dire need of a playmaker to get where they want to ultimately go...SuperBowl.
Most of us would really enjoy having Ingram as the 2012 DROY but I don't really give a squat about his stats as long as he stays healthy, plays hard and earns his reps.

What I want most of all is great, complete team defense and good team health through the playoffs.
If the team D is rolling, anybody can be a star on the next play.