Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
BleedBolts's Avatar
BleedBolts BleedBolts is offline
BoltUp
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,479
Default

My favorite thing about Ingram is his relentlessness. He says he molds his game after Ray Lewis. His motor never stops and has great persuit from the backside. A guy with a great motor and great tape seem to be able to adjust to the NFL. I guess will all just have to wait and see!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Packhorse's Avatar
Packhorse Packhorse is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,352
Default

Guys like Merriman are the prototype, but there's more than one way to be effective as a pass rusher. Manny Lawson from NCST has all the measurables to be an elite pass rusher (tall, massively long arms) but instead excels in coverage for the Bengals.

End of the day you need to be a guy that's willing to throw themselves into a fire to get to that QB, and be ready to flatten a tackle, guard, FB, TE or RB to get there. Ingram is bigger and more athletic than James Harrison who is the heart and soul of a #1 defense in Pittsburgh. It's too early to compare Ingram to Harrison, but its also WAY too early to call him a bust.

Personally I believe he'll be our best defensive player by 2014, maybe sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
AK46um's Avatar
AK46um AK46um is offline
Thor Hammer Defense
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,222
Default

We're talking about a guy who's as athletic and agile as the Top 10 RBs, WR's, and CBs of his class. As for motor just consider his defensive/ST touchdowns which show him running as fast and much smoother than Tolbert with the ball in his hands. This while being 272lbs. Keep him down to 260lbs or so and let him loose on the QB.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 12,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packhorse View Post
Guys like Merriman are the prototype, but there's more than one way to be effective as a pass rusher. Manny Lawson from NCST has all the measurables to be an elite pass rusher (tall, massively long arms) but instead excels in coverage for the Bengals.

End of the day you need to be a guy that's willing to throw themselves into a fire to get to that QB, and be ready to flatten a tackle, guard, FB, TE or RB to get there. Ingram is bigger and more athletic than James Harrison who is the heart and soul of a #1 defense in Pittsburgh. It's too early to compare Ingram to Harrison, but its also WAY too early to call him a bust.

Personally I believe he'll be our best defensive player by 2014, maybe sooner.
I have said it before, but his build and play remind me more of Lamar Woodley.

I likey.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
ltinabottle ltinabottle is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 1,266
Default

Time will tell? Heck we want immediate impact. Just as Von Miller tore it up earning defensive rookie of the year honors, we hope Ingram will do the same. Bolts are in dire need of a playmaker to get where they want to ultimately go...SuperBowl.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 PM
JOJAX85's Avatar
JOJAX85 JOJAX85 is offline
<<Offseason Program
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IRMO
Posts: 2,618
Default

I'm hoping for alot of QB sandwiches on Ingram/English bread.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
BleedBolts's Avatar
BleedBolts BleedBolts is offline
BoltUp
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
I'm hoping for alot of QB sandwiches on Ingram/English bread.
I can taste it now! mmm
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 21,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Time will tell? Heck we want immediate impact. Just as Von Miller tore it up earning defensive rookie of the year honors, we hope Ingram will do the same. Bolts are in dire need of a playmaker to get where they want to ultimately go...SuperBowl.
Most of us would really enjoy having Ingram as the 2012 DROY but I don't really give a squat about his stats as long as he stays healthy, plays hard and earns his reps.

What I want most of all is great, complete team defense and good team health through the playoffs.
If the team D is rolling, anybody can be a star on the next play.
__________________
For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible. - Stuart Chase
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.