Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
Hard to tell because we don't know how they'll use him until week 4 or so. I would not be shocked to see a number like 8-9 sacks. More importantly though is how many QB hurries, QB knockdowns, tackles for losses, ect to go along with his sacks.
how do you see them using this guy then? Think he will be an all out Suggs type pass rusher? Or is this guy going to be lining up everywhere?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Rookie

You guys have prob seen it but here's the sports science video on Melvin Ingram

Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM
TY Kris Dielman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio View Post
how do you see them using this guy then? Think he will be an all out Suggs type pass rusher? Or is this guy going to be lining up everywhere?
Everywhere, IMO. His strength is his versatility, so if we just drop him at OLB and leave him there, it would seem to be a waste.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Raider Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio View Post
Likely he'd be eased in the rotation primarily as an OLB on either side. I don't expect them to let him loose all out yet. I'm waiting till week 4 to find out. Norv usually breaks our schedule up in quarters to determine changes effecting rotation.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
Somewhere between 2 and 20.
Calling Mr. Corey Leguet, your field is ready.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran

I would like to see this D-line get after the QB on some nickel package:

English/Phillips Reyes Ingram Barnes

Last edited by GOBOLTS; 05-10-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 12:40 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBOLTS View Post
I would like to see this D-line get after the QB on some nickel package:

English/Phillips Reyes Ingram Barnes
I hear angels singing.

"Eventually when you've worked so hard and you have a will to win, you're gonna be a winner"
- Junior Seau

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8892 View Post
I hear angels singing.
Lol, I'm really liking our front 7 hopefully we can stay healthy for the most part so Pagano can be creative and put these guys in position to get after the QB. If you see our first two picks are very athletic and Iím pretty sure they will be in on Nickel situations. I guarantee we will see more sacks this year.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBOLTS View Post
Lol, I'm really liking our front 7 hopefully we can stay healthy for the most part so Pagano can be creative and put these guys in position to get after the QB. If you see our first two picks are very athletic and Iím pretty sure they will be in on Nickel situations. I guarantee we will see more sacks this year.
I think you're pretty safe on that bet. We've seen that things can go wrong a lot of different ways. The Chargers have been putting a lot of thought (and money) into shoring up our defense. It's time for things to go right. We should get strong plays from all ares on D.
Several guys who are not new have improvements in personal health and in the players around them.
Why not now?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
I think you're pretty safe on that bet. We've seen that things can go wrong a lot of different ways. The Chargers have been putting a lot of thought (and money) into shoring up our defense. It's time for things to go right. We should get strong plays from all ares on D.
Several guys who are not new have improvements in personal health and in the players around them.
Why not now?
Yeah it seems like every year I have the same optimism and then the injury bug gets us . We have the talent on this team but we need to see these young guns put it all together and contribute like they were brought in to do. Floyd, Phillips, Mathews, and the O-line need to stay healthy. I'm hoping that this is the year that we are firing on all cylinders, because if we are we will be tough to beat!