Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
given mathews history the back-up will get time. there were some quality guys out there. i thought addai would have been a very interesting 3rd down option for one
couldve said that for just about any starting RB last year. i believe every starting RB missed at least one game due to injury, except like MJD or Ray Rice something like that.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
if Mathews has a mediocre year like 1000 yds he is done as a Main Back, he needs to get up around 1800 to be successful, his time is now or never...
.....really? you know LT only hit 1800 yards rushing once in his entire career.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 PM
<<Offseason Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
.....really? you know LT only hit 1800 yards rushing once in his entire career.
In an Offense that was built around the run. Like AK46um said, 1,800 All Purpose yards for Mathews would be great. We are gonna spread the beegeezus outta the rock this year though so even that would be a stretch.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
GO CHAHHGERS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
In an Offense that was built around the run. Like AK46um said, 1,800 All Purpose yards for Mathews would be great. We are gonna spread the beegeezus outta the rock this year though so even that would be a stretch.
Wasnt he at 1500 APY last year? Its funny to say toss the kid if he ONLY gets 1000 lol. Mathews just needs to stay on the field the rest will take care of itself.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
#SanDiegoSUPERChargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
if Mathews has a mediocre year like 1000 yds he is done as a Main Back, he needs to get up around 1800 to be successful, his time is now or never...
Haha what?

No. Not at all.

EDIT: To keep my post relevant and not just scoffing at others' remarks, I feel very comfortable with our current RB situation. I love Brinkley as Mathews
backup, and Hester/McClain can carry the ball if needed (both have done so). Not to mention our rookie Edwin Baker. We're a pass heavy team with plenty of RB options if needed.

Last edited by Electrified; 05-18-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 PM
gobolt1

hope baker is a late round gem.rb depth is a concern(for me).after mathews?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt1 View Post
hope baker is a late round gem.rb depth is a concern(for me).after mathews?
I actually like Brinkley. So do a lot of other NFL players too. I've read numerous interviews where out of the blue his name comes up as someone they didn't know about...until they played him. I think we're going to sign another RB, but I do like Brinkley.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:52 PM
gobolt1

idk to much about him. don't know if he is a #2 he didn't start over tolbert, not saying anything bad about tolbert.but that was last year. well see what baker gots
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm No Noob

I am not sure why there is all this panic? Tolbert is gone, but we got McC. He is an upgrade people. A major upgrade. And I'm not even talking blocking. With the football he has a lower fumble % and you won't ever see him second-guess himself and RUN BACKWARDS.

Brinkley is a decent backup, but last year when both Tolbert and Mathews got hurt and Brinkley has to fill in during the KC game it really spooked the coaching staff. They're convinced we need 429 RBs to start the season when we don't.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 AM
gobolt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
I am not sure why there is all this panic? Tolbert is gone, but we got McC. He is an upgrade people. A major upgrade. And I'm not even talking blocking. With the football he has a lower fumble % and you won't ever see him second-guess himself and RUN BACKWARDS.

Brinkley is a decent backup, but last year when both Tolbert and Mathews got hurt and Brinkley has to fill in during the KC game it really spooked the coaching staff. They're convinced we need 429 RBs to start the season when we don't.

Iam just hoping for depth maybe Baker will help