Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:20 PM
SuperBowlBolts's Avatar
SuperBowlBolts SuperBowlBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
given mathews history the back-up will get time. there were some quality guys out there. i thought addai would have been a very interesting 3rd down option for one
couldve said that for just about any starting RB last year. i believe every starting RB missed at least one game due to injury, except like MJD or Ray Rice something like that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
SuperBowlBolts's Avatar
SuperBowlBolts SuperBowlBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
if Mathews has a mediocre year like 1000 yds he is done as a Main Back, he needs to get up around 1800 to be successful, his time is now or never...
.....really? you know LT only hit 1800 yards rushing once in his entire career.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 PM
JOJAX85's Avatar
JOJAX85 JOJAX85 is online now
<<Offseason Program
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IRMO
Posts: 2,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
.....really? you know LT only hit 1800 yards rushing once in his entire career.
In an Offense that was built around the run. Like AK46um said, 1,800 All Purpose yards for Mathews would be great. We are gonna spread the beegeezus outta the rock this year though so even that would be a stretch.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
bgmacn2002's Avatar
bgmacn2002 bgmacn2002 is offline
GO CHAHHGERS GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 5,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
In an Offense that was built around the run. Like AK46um said, 1,800 All Purpose yards for Mathews would be great. We are gonna spread the beegeezus outta the rock this year though so even that would be a stretch.
Wasnt he at 1500 APY last year? Its funny to say toss the kid if he ONLY gets 1000 lol. Mathews just needs to stay on the field the rest will take care of itself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Electrified's Avatar
Electrified Electrified is offline
#SanDiegoSUPERChargers
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
if Mathews has a mediocre year like 1000 yds he is done as a Main Back, he needs to get up around 1800 to be successful, his time is now or never...
Haha what?

No. Not at all.

EDIT: To keep my post relevant and not just scoffing at others' remarks, I feel very comfortable with our current RB situation. I love Brinkley as Mathews
backup, and Hester/McClain can carry the ball if needed (both have done so). Not to mention our rookie Edwin Baker. We're a pass heavy team with plenty of RB options if needed.
__________________
#BOLTUP

Last edited by Electrified; 05-18-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 PM
gobolt1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hope baker is a late round gem.rb depth is a concern(for me).after mathews?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-20-2012, 10:39 PM
flwelshman's Avatar
flwelshman flwelshman is offline
Paradise is on the left.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Beach Gardens
Posts: 5,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt1 View Post
hope baker is a late round gem.rb depth is a concern(for me).after mathews?
I actually like Brinkley. So do a lot of other NFL players too. I've read numerous interviews where out of the blue his name comes up as someone they didn't know about...until they played him. I think we're going to sign another RB, but I do like Brinkley.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-20-2012, 10:52 PM
gobolt1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

idk to much about him. don't know if he is a #2 he didn't start over tolbert, not saying anything bad about tolbert.but that was last year. well see what baker gots
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 AM
El Tee's Avatar
El Tee El Tee is offline
I'm No Noob
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Farmington
Posts: 4,293
Default

I am not sure why there is all this panic? Tolbert is gone, but we got McC. He is an upgrade people. A major upgrade. And I'm not even talking blocking. With the football he has a lower fumble % and you won't ever see him second-guess himself and RUN BACKWARDS.

Brinkley is a decent backup, but last year when both Tolbert and Mathews got hurt and Brinkley has to fill in during the KC game it really spooked the coaching staff. They're convinced we need 429 RBs to start the season when we don't.



.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 AM
gobolt1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
I am not sure why there is all this panic? Tolbert is gone, but we got McC. He is an upgrade people. A major upgrade. And I'm not even talking blocking. With the football he has a lower fumble % and you won't ever see him second-guess himself and RUN BACKWARDS.

Brinkley is a decent backup, but last year when both Tolbert and Mathews got hurt and Brinkley has to fill in during the KC game it really spooked the coaching staff. They're convinced we need 429 RBs to start the season when we don't.



.
Iam just hoping for depth maybe Baker will help
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 AM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.