Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
So if your driving to the stadium do you just buy the parking permit as your entering
Yes, I think it is 25 bucks for a car. I have not driven in for years (I take the trolley) but I have friend that drive in.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Alright cool. Thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Rookie

I'm taking my girlfriend to her first Charger game 12/30 against the Raiders. I've been looking for any information on the tailgating scene on gameday. Are there tailgate parties that we can pay to attend? If so where can I find the information for them and do they have areas for you to sit down and eat and drink? Any information on tailgate parties we can buy into would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Rookie

Default Visitors Section

Can someone please help me and my wife. We are travelling to SD and are hoping to secure tickets to the Chargers v Ravens game and the best tickets left are in the Plaza section. These seem good tickets but the particular tickets on offer are in the visitors side. What are the pro's and con's of sitting in this section. Any help would be most appreciated? Regards.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytomlin1974 View Post
Can someone please help me and my wife. We are travelling to SD and are hoping to secure tickets to the Chargers v Ravens game and the best tickets left are in the Plaza section. These seem good tickets but the particular tickets on offer are in the visitors side. What are the pro's and con's of sitting in this section. Any help would be most appreciated? Regards.
On warm days the visitor's side gets heat from sunlight (unless you are under the overhang), but it's cooling down out here so you should not have to worry about that. The only con I can think of is Ravens fans.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Rookie

FanSince67 - many thanks for your prompt response. We would be in P13 or in P24 but I guess the latter behind the endzone may not offer the best view - how would you rate these particular areas of the stadium? Regards.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Some people like endzone seats, but I would go with the other ones personally. I am in Plaza 32 which is on the home side right about at the goal line, and I love them. Plaza seats are all pretty good IMO.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince67 View Post
Some people like endzone seats, but I would go with the other ones personally. I am in Plaza 32 which is on the home side right about at the goal line, and I love them. Plaza seats are all pretty good IMO.
I like the end zone views. The crowds are awesome there as well.

There really isn't too many bad seats in the house.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Rookie

I will be coming to my first Chargers game in several years against the Bengals and could use some help. How fast does parking around the stadium fill up? How easy is it to get in the overflow lots off of Friars Rd? Is the trolly the best way to get to the game?

I am thinking about doing the Petco Park tour at 10:30am on gameday and then either driving to the stadium or taking the trolly from Petco to the stadium. Any tips on getting to the stadium or tips for around the area would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Head Complainer

The lot usually fills up about 2 hrs before kickoff or if it isn't, you'll be routed to the east side of the stadium which makes it a pain to get out. Trolley works OK, but a bit of a cluster getting out after the game unless you leave the game a little early. My suggestion is, if you want to show up closer to kick-off, buy one of those chartered bus tickets. I think they're $25/person. If i remember correctly, you get there an hour before kickoff and leaves 20 mins after the game.