Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
I gotta disagree with at least Moore. The name of the game in pass rushing is UPSIDE. Moore just doesn't hat the upsdie (from what i've seen) to merit him being anything more than an early 2nd rounder. He's kind of similar to a guy like Jerry Hughes.

For upper to mid first round picks, you're looking for guys who are freakish athletes, even over guys who have put up the numbers. There's just some things that you cant teach and length and that kind of athleticism is one of them. Guys like JPP, Orakpo, heck Connor Barwin, Derrick Morgan, Aldon Smith, Coples, Irvin and even JJ Watt, all drafted off mostly potential, or were just one year wonders. Once you add potential to some production, thats when you get those top 10 picks.

Thats the reason that i like guys (though they may not go as high) like Jordan, Ansah, Carradine, with obviously Mingo, Jones, Werner, Montgomery.
Just going to chime in to say that the two bolded were technical freaks in addition to having good physical measurables. They had amazing hands, feet, and arm movement.

And Moore looks fine physically. The one game I saw he just looked a little raw. Good motor.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

Is there any stand-outs on Alabama's OL? I'd figure those guys would be ready to go. Serious moo-cow beef on that crew.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Is there any stand-outs on Alabama's OL? I'd figure those guys would be ready to go. Serious moo-cow beef on that crew.
Yes. Jones and Warmack. Warmack is a DeCastro like Guard prospect. Jones can play any position, but wouldn't be very good at LT. Very good G/C prospect. Koundajio is the next big LT prospect as well, but he's just a soph. Steen is bleh, and I don't think Fluker is anything special at all.

sean of BSX
Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Yes. Jones and Warmack. Warmack is a DeCastro like Guard prospect. Jones can play any position, but wouldn't be very good at LT. Very good G/C prospect. Koundajio is the next big LT prospect as well, but he's just a soph. Steen is bleh, and I don't think Fluker is anything special at all.
Good to know. I usually start really paying attention to potential draftees around this time now that the stats have built enough to the point to see statistical differences between players.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Good assessment JH, was thinking the same thing. Though I think Fluker better than you give him credit for
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Draft This Man

Nah, his feet are not good at all. Wasn't paying attention to the trench battle much last night cuz dat Yeldon. lololololol

sean of BSX
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Hall of Famer

I would agree with JH here. Fluker was getting whipped in pass pro against lesser competition earlier this season. He seems to have stabilized, but I don't believe he has the feet to warrant a high pick. He also gets by on raw power as a run blocker, not really relying on being a technician (drops his head a lot). That's not going to work as well in the NFL.

I still think he can be a very solid RT/G prospect with development (e.g. a good coach could help him add proper approach to his already powerful run blocking), but he's closer to Bobbie Massey than Bryan Bulaga in my opinion.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

So I'll just throw this out there, what do people see as the bigger need: pass protection or pass rush? I realize some might consider corner or receiver a bigger need, but of those two, which seems more dire?

In other words, if we had the option of an equally good OT and ROLB, what one do you pull the trigger on? I am going back and forth.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
So I'll just throw this out there, what do people see as the bigger need: pass protection or pass rush? I realize some might consider corner or receiver a bigger need, but of those two, which seems more dire?

In other words, if we had the option of an equally good OT and ROLB, what one do you pull the trigger on? I am going back and forth.
ROLB. I'm confident in Gaither if he's healthy (big if). Not confident in ROLB production after this year, regardless of whether or not Phillips is back.

sean of BSX
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
ROLB. I'm confident in Gaither if he's healthy (big if). Not confident in ROLB production after this year, regardless of whether or not Phillips is back.
Yeah I think you may be onto something there. And we can improve our tackle play with a better veteran backup LT and/or 2nd round pick, but I don't see many pass rushers after round one that would have a rookie impact. Joeckel has been so dominant that I don't see how you can pass on him for anyone else in this class if he's there, but after him I think Damontre Moore is the man.