Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
This post made me sad.

Why can't we have a Harbaugh.
You guys are cracking me up. Sad? About a post?

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Yes. This. Some here won't even give him credit for what he did in Dallas.

Disclaimer: I am not saying he is a good HC because of what he did as an OC. Please, before you go off half-cocked understand this important point.

wasted disclaimer.
I thought what he did outside of SD didn't matter. Remember Washington and Oakland records don't count. Why should Dallas matter if Washington and Oakland don't?

#imjustplayingdevilsadvocate
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're right. That is something to criticize. But this is a thread about Norv's Post Game Speech, not his team's performance over the last 2 plus seasons.
Maybe you should READ what I was replying to before going all teachers aid on me
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
So why even bring up something he did 18 years ago if you have to have a disclaimer on it?
Um, think about it. I'm sure you can figure it out if you want to. I'll give you a hint- I don't have to give the disclaimer because his achievement was 20 years ago.

Quote:
Man, I wish I could ride a 20 year career wave. In my career, you're only as good as your last month let alone what you did 20 years ago
To this I would say that within the vast, vast majority of companies an employee isn't "only as good as your last month".

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
Suresh. I understand the hatred towards Norv. But Cmon guys. Turn a positive video into something negative???
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbolt View Post
Love to see your feedback on this exclusive video.
Maybe I took that wrong? Is all feedback supposed to be positive on the CMB now?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
I thought what he did outside of SD didn't matter. Remember Washington and Oakland records don't count. Why should Dallas matter if Washington and Oakland don't?

And I thought this was a thread about his post game speech. Why even bring up what he did in Dallas some 20 years ago

#imjustsayin
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Um, think about it. I'm sure you can figure it out if you want to. I'll give you a hint- I don't have to give the disclaimer because his achievement was 20 years ago.

To this I would say that within the vast, vast majority of companies an employee isn't "only as good as your last month".
And I would say, with the vast, vast majority of companies, you would not get a pass for being successful 20 years ago only to never even come close to matching that success

That said, I thought the speech was bland. It's not his fault, that's just the way Norv talks
Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
See? I told you the disclaimer was a waste. LOL. Totally predictable.

Quote:
I don't get the hashtag thing. Why not just write the sentence with correct punctuation? Is it supposed to add emphasis or somethign?

Old 11-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
See? I told you the disclaimer was a waste. LOL. Totally predictable.

I don't get the hashtag thing. Why not just write the sentence with correct punctuation? Is it supposed to add emphasis or somethign?
Twitter...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Maybe you should READ what I was replying to before going all teachers aid on me
Indeed. Practice what we preach?