Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Draft This Man

I'd be inclined to take Lewan ahead, but its close.

sean of BSX
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
I'd be inclined to take Lewan ahead, but its close.
My midseason cluster is Joeckel, Moore, Montgomery, Lewan, Milliner, Jones. So I guess you do love Lewan more .

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Hall of Famer

CB, or a first rate pass rusher. Ingram is a very good addition, he can replace JJ/SP95 who both play the strong side at times. But we still lack that explosion on the weak side. CB is the bigger need, 34 WOLB may be the better value though.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
CB, or a first rate pass rusher. Ingram is a very good addition, he can replace JJ/SP95 who both play the strong side at times. But we still lack that explosion on the weak side. CB is the bigger need, 34 WOLB may be the better value though.
After watching us continue to fail in terms of pass rush this season, I am thinking a rookie CB would be lipstick on a pig. If it's BPA, fine, but I'd rather find a pass rusher and sign a decent FA corner.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
After watching us continue to fail in terms of pass rush this season, I am thinking a rookie CB would be lipstick on a pig. If it's BPA, fine, but I'd rather find a pass rusher and sign a decent FA corner.
That's one route I would be good with.

I will stress with this class of pass rushers, I want upside. Not a complete player, but upside like Von Miller/Aldon Smith. Guys like Okafor, Montgomery aren't who I would be looking for.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
That's one route I would be good with.

I will stress with this class of pass rushers, I want upside. Not a complete player, but upside like Von Miller/Aldon Smith. Guys like Okafor, Montgomery aren't who I would be looking for.
I've heard a couple different people knock Montgomery and Moore for not having enough "upside" for their liking. I don't really understand what that is based on- perhaps you can fill me in. We don't have any workout numbers and I haven't seen anything in-game that would lead me to believe either of those guys are markedly less athletic than the guys labeled as "high upside" like Jeffcoat and Mingo. This year, it seems like "upside" is the word used to describe talented pass rushers who can't seem to produce.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I've heard a couple different people knock Montgomery and Moore for not having enough "upside" for their liking. I don't really understand what that is based on- perhaps you can fill me in. We don't have any workout numbers and I haven't seen anything in-game that would lead me to believe either of those guys are markedly less athletic than the guys labeled as "high upside" like Jeffcoat and Mingo. This year, it seems like "upside" is the word used to describe talented pass rushers who can't seem to produce.
Over the years, I've put less and less into the workout numbers. I go by what I see. That might be too subjective not objective enough for some, but I find it helps me form my own opinion. Now if Mingo runs a 4.9 and Montgomerey a 4.6, not gonna say that I didn't notice.

From what I have seen, Mingo does flash explosion, and quite often. Now right now he isn't producing, to the point that he reminds me of Bruce Irvin. Just seems to be fast, lacks moves and isn't stout against the run. Montgomery is the opposite, producing, but his sacks have been more coverage/effort/technique sacks versus that pure ability sack. Mingo has a higher ceiling, lower floor, but more often the pure ability guys are higher valued.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Draft This Man

Mingo is getting into the backfield not finishing though.

sean of BSX
Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Shock and Awe

From what I have seen so far, this years CB class is crap. I don't see a single must have CB in this class - certainly not anyone that could start their rookie year. All are projects with Xavier Rhodes having the highest ceiling, but I have my doubts about his lack of physical play (honestly reminds me of Antonio Cromartie in more ways than one) and ability to stay healthy.

Milliner, touted by some as the best CB in this class isn't even a pure corner. He's currently only a nickel option - a damn good one, but still only a nickel option. I do love his physical play.

We do need a new corner badly, but OLB/DE and OT have much better prospects.

Oh, and I really like Cornelius Carradine and Werner.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson

Last edited by ShockTreatment; 11-05-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Over the years, I've put less and less into the workout numbers. I go by what I see. That might be too subjective not objective enough for some, but I find it helps me form my own opinion. Now if Mingo runs a 4.9 and Montgomerey a 4.6, not gonna say that I didn't notice.

From what I have seen, Mingo does flash explosion, and quite often. Now right now he isn't producing, to the point that he reminds me of Bruce Irvin. Just seems to be fast, lacks moves and isn't stout against the run. Montgomery is the opposite, producing, but his sacks have been more coverage/effort/technique sacks versus that pure ability sack. Mingo has a higher ceiling, lower floor, but more often the pure ability guys are higher valued.
I'll keep watching Montgomery specifically with an eye towards that. Thoughts on Moore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Mingo is getting into the backfield not finishing though.
That is true. It's both good and bad... he is off the ball faster than anyone.