Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
RyanMathews

I obviously would like if we signed Grimes. He's a baller, plays bigger than his size and has nice hops. But Cox is more reasonable he's pretty good, but can't stay healthy.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM
RyanMathews

Also, I believe Sam Shields is a free agent CB as well.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMathews View Post
Also, I believe Sam Shields is a free agent CB as well.
He's restricted, and I decided to leave those guys off. Also, not really sure how bad you have to be to slip below Jarret Bush on the depth chart.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
ac2021

Default Change

I say we get Jon Gruden this year. The chargers need to make a change. They Fired a coach that lead the team to a 14-2 season, why not fire a coach that hasn't lead the chargers to the playoffs in 2 seasons? and the GM. They need to start investing in veteran players. they will teach the young players. it may seem risky due to money, but in the long run, it will be better. stop bringing in players that are done. as in Sanders, Bennet, ect... its like a curse to San Diego. San Diego doesnt really have any "known" players. other than 3 or 4, that aren't really making plays right now. Dont get rid of them, but build around them.

Last edited by ac2021; 11-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Adding
Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Levitre doesn't hit the market imo.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Levitre doesn't hit the market imo.
Probably not. I'm sure they will try to lock him up long before free agency opens up. But I think there's at least a small chance that he decides to test the market for better opportunities than Buffalo. Not that San Diego is some dynasty or anything, but we've been in a much better situation for the last decade than the Bills and the team happens to be located in one of the more desirable parts of the country. If Rivers' play continues to improve, he might also prefer switching to a team with a franchise QB.

In any case, I hope Troutman impresses enough to make guard a low priority.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer

NT: Isaac Sopoaga
RT: Sebastian Vollmer or Pats will probably lock him up early; Andre Smith is a very interesting option.
TE: Jared Cook (SO HORRIBLY MISUESED at Tenn. He's a stud in our system learning under Gates for a year, him/Green would make an insane future combo, both 6'5"/6'6" running 4.4's)
SS: William Moore (IF we dont trust Taylor to develop (and thats a solid IF), Bigby just sucks SO BAD in coverage, he's screwing our CBs and making them look SO much worse, hell it might actually be time to move Jammer to SS for a few years.)
OLB: Connor Barwin (ELITE athleticism, and explosion, can be a great pass rusher, could get pushed out by Reed/Mercilus Combo)
CB: Brent Grimes/Derek Cox>>>>>>>>Cason.

This is a pretty unobtainable list for what we're used to, but these are the guys i'd love to sign. Almost assuredly dont have the money for it however.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
NT: Isaac Sopoaga
RT: Sebastian Vollmer or Pats will probably lock him up early; Andre Smith is a very interesting option.
TE: Jared Cook (SO HORRIBLY MISUESED at Tenn. He's a stud in our system learning under Gates for a year, him/Green would make an insane future combo, both 6'5"/6'6" running 4.4's)
SS: William Moore (IF we dont trust Taylor to develop (and thats a solid IF), Bigby just sucks SO BAD in coverage, he's screwing our CBs and making them look SO much worse, hell it might actually be time to move Jammer to SS for a few years.)
OLB: Connor Barwin (ELITE athleticism, and explosion, can be a great pass rusher, could get pushed out by Reed/Mercilus Combo)
CB: Brent Grimes/Derek Cox>>>>>>>>Cason.

This is a pretty unobtainable list for what we're used to, but these are the guys i'd love to sign. Almost assuredly dont have the money for it however.
Some of these guys are going to cost more than what we're going to be willing to spend at their respective positions. Vollmer at RT and Cook at TE specifically. But others should be in range, especially with us having several players coming off the books and the probably of us releasing some guys. Ngata ought to be affordable (though Franklin has outplayed him this year), Cox's injury history should keep his price tag from becoming prohibitive, Smith might be a likely option if one of the Bengals coordinators is our HC.

I am leary of spending big on Barwin. He has been pretty bad this season, despite being surrounded by some really good players in a Wade Phillips defense. I don't think he's the answer at ROLB and I would lay a bet that whatever team spends for his services is going to overpay.

If A.J. gets the boot, we will see what he new GM's philosophy on free agency is.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Some of these guys are going to cost more than what we're going to be willing to spend at their respective positions. Vollmer at RT and Cook at TE specifically. But others should be in range, especially with us having several players coming off the books and the probably of us releasing some guys. Ngata ought to be affordable (though Franklin has outplayed him this year), Cox's injury history should keep his price tag from becoming prohibitive, Smith might be a likely option if one of the Bengals coordinators is our HC.

I am leary of spending big on Barwin. He has been pretty bad this season, despite being surrounded by some really good players in a Wade Phillips defense. I don't think he's the answer at ROLB and I would lay a bet that whatever team spends for his services is going to overpay.

If A.J. gets the boot, we will see what he new GM's philosophy on free agency is.
Oh, i'm not saying that we will or should go with that list. It was just my dream list.

Vollmer wont hit the market IMO, as NE is GREAT at keeping their talent.

Did you just say Ngata should be affordable????? LOL (i think you mean Sopoaga, but it was just funny)

Cook wont be that expensive. He's a guy who always had potential, but he has put up NO numbers in Tennessee and has sucked almost every year there, despite being "that guy" who everyone picks to break out every year.

William Moore may be a guy who's too expensive or doesn't hit the market. He's been the best SS in the league this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
Oh, i'm not saying that we will or should go with that list. It was just my dream list.

Vollmer wont hit the market IMO, as NE is GREAT at keeping their talent.

Did you just say Ngata should be affordable????? LOL (i think you mean Sopoaga, but it was just funny)

Cook wont be that expensive. He's a guy who always had potential, but he has put up NO numbers in Tennessee and has sucked almost every year there, despite being "that guy" who everyone picks to break out every year.

William Moore may be a guy who's too expensive or doesn't hit the market. He's been the best SS in the league this year.
Lol, yeah definitely meant Sopoaga.

I think Cook will get a good offer from someone. It's not secret how underutilized he is in Tennessee. And we're paying Gates too much to break the bank on another TE.