Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
As ^ said, Wilson is also the only rookie QB with a team that Didn't draft in the top 9, remove Tannehill and its the top 5.

Wilson has a great running game to work off of (None of the others do, except RGIII, but thats more scheme and his ability than having a great running game in itself), and he's got some really solid receivers, Rice, and Braylon have been real solid, with Miller doing pretty good too.

And i'm not saying that he'll be bad or anything. I just dont see him being a top QB, let alone right away....
You used him and his rookie struggles to illustrate why Manziel will struggle at the next level. I just find that weak, especially in the face of the evidence that all rookie QB's struggle.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
You used him and his rookie struggles to illustrate why Manziel will struggle at the next level. I just find that weak, especially in the face of the evidence that all rookie QB's struggle.
I actually didn't mention anything about him struggling as a rookie. I was just saying that i dont think he'll ever be better than Wilson and he was a 3rd round pick. I was saying that QB's like that need a lot of help and the right system in the NFL to succeed. Not saying that he cant, but even a guy who's was incredibly refined in Wilson needs a LOT of work to get there, and i dont think he'll be near that refined as he's not running a pro style system, like Wilson did, and he isn't playing behind that massiveness that is the Wiscy OL.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Matt Scott from Arizona is a guy to keep an eye on. He's got tools similar to Aaron Rodgers. He's nowhere near Rodgers in terms of accuracy, but his arm is pretty strong and he's athletic enough to run. Of course if he ran as much in the NFL as he does in college, he would get killed. At the next level he would need to use his legs only when everything else broke down, plus learn to slide.

But I like the raw ability and would not object to taking him in the 4th round or so as a project. I think he's one of the few mid round QB prospects with at least a chance to become a good NFL QB (slim though that chance may be).
Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers...he has a brother who's the Vanderbilt QB who would make a nice mid/late round selection to sit behind Rivers. Not tall, listed at 6'1", but he's not a bad developmental QB...just in case.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
Speaking of Aaron Rodgers...he has a brother who's the Vanderbilt QB who would make a nice mid/late round selection to sit behind Rivers. Not tall, listed at 6'1", but he's not a bad developmental QB...just in case.
Rodgers is awful. He's just not a good player.

sean of BSX
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Texas A&M takes on Alabama Saturday on CBS. It will be interesting to see how well Johnny Manziel plays against the Crimson Tide.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:13 PM

marcus mariota! lets go!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Yes indeed

The Chargers need to draft Mariota (and DAT) in a few years. lol They missed on LMJ (although they should consider trading for him) so I'll be constantly saying they need to draft Mariota for the next few years lol

The Right Side of the Rivalry

Old 11-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by abernardojr View Post
The Chargers need to draft Mariota (and DAT) in a few years. lol They missed on LMJ (although they should consider trading for him) so I'll be constantly saying they need to draft Mariota for the next few years lol
Every week, I watch the 49ers thinking "man! I wish we had a 2nd round running back inactive on the sideline."
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Yes indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Every week, I watch the 49ers thinking "man! I wish we had a 2nd round running back inactive on the sideline."
Lol the 9ers have a pretty loaded backfield. Not really surprised the rookie's getting time on the practice squad there, but that's not to say at all that he'd be on the practice squad here with Mathews seemingly trying to lose his job every time he starts playing well (fumbling). LMJ will be a quality player in this league though, him being inactive as a rookie in a crowded backfield doesn't mean much.

(And this is all besides the point of them needing to draft Mariota)

The Right Side of the Rivalry