Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I believe I have in fact questioned several times why Rivers was still in games in the 4th when we have big leads, or are out of the post season hunt.
Well I hope so, if you've been consistent on this that's all that needs to be said. We disagree as far as not playing players in games at the end but if you complain about Norv the same way you complain about Marty that's all anyone could ask.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I see we're dreaming of Brees again.

Let us remember: not even Miami picked up Brees after the injury.

Needless to say, Philip needs a talking to. He's getting his coach fired if he keeps it up.
Not dreaming of Brees. Just saying that Norv and AJ got to go and Rivers needs to sit down just like Mathews did earlier this year. Norv gets 50% of the blame these past couple games with Rivers getting the other half, but in this league, you don't fire the player, you fire the coach. AJ has got to go because he is repsponsible for the personnel decision (Meachem and Royal over Jackson, meanwhile Alexander & Ajirotutu were better options).
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I see we're dreaming of Brees again.

Let us remember: not even Miami picked up Brees after the injury.

Needless to say, Philip needs a talking to. He's getting his coach fired if he keeps it up.
I wonder at what point he would need to be worrying about his own job security
Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Varelse

Oh man its gonna be awesome when we fire Norv.

And hire Andy Reid
Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Rookie

Another classic loss by the Chargers to add to our impressive library of classic losses. Actually the library consists of 1 book: "1001 Ways to Lose a Game".

Unfortunately the book for awhile now has been opened to the chapters on QB mistakes.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryinCA View Post
Norv isn't a strong enough leader, you can tell in his press conferences he always looks for excuses, there have only been a couple of times and it's been in the last year or so where he took any of the blame on himself in a presser. If your coach seems like a guy who's always looking for excuses and he's the one in charge of what's put out there on the field how do people expect the players to be any different? Again I'm sure Norv is a great person with a heart that's always in the right place but when it comes to football he's not a good head coach.
Well I would like to think that PR(the face of the franchise)could make him a good head coach, if he would just get it together, and I don't know what Norv can do as a head coach to get PR on track with the sort of mistakes he's been making these last 2 seasons...

If PR doesn't do that thing in KC last year they make they playoffs.

Norv has been putting the team in a possition to win most of the games they have played this year...and to me PR's play has cost this team wins this season, and the PO's last season.! Its hard for me to say this but its our QB play that has been burning us ...
Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLN View Post
Another classic loss by the Chargers to add to our impressive library of classic losses. Actually the library consists of 1 book: "1001 Ways to Lose a Game".

Unfortunately the book for awhile now has been opened to the chapters on QB mistakes.
This made me laugh. Great post sir. Well done.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
Well I would like to think that PR(the face of the franchise)could make him a good head coach, if he would just get it together, and I don't know what Norv can do as a head coach to get PR on track with the sort of mistakes he's been making these last 2 seasons...

If PR doesn't do that thing in KC last year they make they playoffs.

Norv has been putting the team in a possition to win most of the games they have played this year...and to me PR's play has cost this team wins this season, and the PO's last season.! Its hard for me to say this but its our QB play that has been burning us ...
One play in one game isn't what keeps you from the playoffs, you need to do things right in other games after to make up for it. Norv has called plenty of poor plays, he;s mishandled the clock a lot, he just doesn't fix the problems. We have the same issues or damn near the same issues every year, that's hit job to get that fixed. All the talk about Norv was that he develops QB's yet Rivers hasn't gotten this team to anything more than an AFC title game once years ago, all we have to show for all of this is a bunch of AFCW titles from when the division stunk.

Last edited by JerryinCA; 11-11-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
Draft a QB in the first round, fire Norv and AJ.
Well, you are at least 1/3 (Turner), probably 2/3 (AJ), but I hope not 3/3 right. I think with better coaching, Rivers can turn it around. But I could be kidding myself. I used to think we got the better ofth Eli deal. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Hall of Famer

The team needs better coaching and better players, we had better players the last two years and missed the playoffs both times and before that we went one and done so it's not like it's all on AJ, it's a combo of both him and Norv.