Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promiseland View Post
,Espn just compared the Chargers 1st and 2nd half offensive stats and it showed that teams are making halftime adjustments and the Chargers are not. Norv is getting outcoached on a weekly basis. Norvs gotta go , there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it and im not so sure we shouldnt start thinking about moving in a new direction at QB either.
Exactly -- we are 2nd half stinkers.

Although, I don't get how teams aren't seeing that from our other games and applying it in the first half. I'm not seeing that our game plan has been decidedly different.

I think we should blame it on the strength and conditioning coach again (we can't make it past the first half)

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by promiseland View Post
,Espn just compared the Chargers 1st and 2nd half offensive stats and it showed that teams are making halftime adjustments and the Chargers are not. Norv is getting outcoached on a weekly basis. Norvs gotta go , there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it and im not so sure we shouldnt start thinking about moving in a new direction at QB either.
Yes, we have done almost nothing offensively in the 3rd qtr all year. Norv is getting owned after halftime and PR is making too many mistakes trying to force things.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Someone have our 1st vs. 2nd half scoring stats???

This team has undeniably lost Saints, Denver, and Tampa Bay all because of the 2nd half. Against the Browns, we sucked all game, so, no need to blame the 2nd half in that one.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Optimistic pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
By the end of 2010, Philip Rivers had the 2nd highest CAREER QB rating (or maybe it was first, can't remember for sure. I know he was #1 at one point).

He's now slipped to #5. That should also say, however, how stupid it is to believe he should get traded. He's still playing better than most QB's. I haven't scoured every game to see, but I'm sure plenty of other QB's are losing games on stupid decisions.

But I do wonder what the the world is going through his head. You can't blame a throw this stupid on his coach, the play call, the GM, or the oline (even if you do think Norv needs to go at this point or that the protection is poor).

1 Aaron Rodgers 104.7
2 Steve Young 96.8
3 Tom Brady 96.6
4 Tony Romo 95.9
5 Philip Rivers 95.4
6 Peyton Manning 95.1
7 Kurt Warner 93.7
Rivers is getting outplayed by Rookies this season. Lost to Brandon Weadon. Andrew Luck is doing better, RGIII is better, Russell Wilson is better.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Rivers has made mistakes, so I def think it warrants a one game benching, but he is not the issue, get a better coach to work with him, and the rest will work itself out.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
Rivers is getting outplayed by Rookies this season. Lost to Brandon Weadon. Andrew Luck is doing better, RGIII is better, Russell Wilson is better.
Yeah, I've saw plenty of QB's huck the ball out of bounds yesterday.

Rivers is doing his best impression of Jay Cutler right now. Yeah -- Jay still makes these kinds of stupid throws. He has a stronger arm, but it really doesn't matter much. This wasn't about Rivers' arm, it was about the decision.

As for the rookies -- many have noted how well the rookies are playing -- we'll see if they keep playing well for as long as Rivers did. It's not different than seeing one hit wonders in the RB category and how each year people would say LT is getting old and crappy because some rookie (or 2-3 year guy) had a break out year -- then the next year, you wonder where that guy disappeared while they enjoyed some ridiculous new contract.

I'm sure some could, but it's doubtful. Rivers played at an unprecedented pace until last year. He's either in sharp decline, injured, or mentally screwed up.

It's hard to give up on a guy that was as good as he was -- we'll see what happens. I still love Rivers, but obviously he can't just keep losing games like this.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Hall of Famer

This mess won't get sorted out untill the chargers get a better owner. Anyway if they trade PR management would probably ask for 10 practice squad scrubs in return. They don't want real players.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Let the Rivers flow

I don't know how anyone could support Norv at this point. He has won nothing at all since he has been here and the team continues to regress. Borders on delusion if you think he is a good coach and should keep his job.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Veteran

It is all on Norv and AJ, the lack of, or the wrong, adjustments in the second half are whats killing the drives. Rivers is taking this all on his shoulders because the coach and AJ put him in that position. Norv has no time to review offensive calls because he is too busy shaking his head on the sideline wondering what everyone else is doing. Norv is in way over his head and needs to be replaced with a real head coach AND offensive coach. It seems to me that Rivers is always trying to make something happen because he knows Norv plays not to lose as opposed to win. We have seen this every year since Norv has been in there, but we had some high caliber veteran players that helped lead this team and take some of the burden off of Rivers but now AJ has gotten rid of a lot of them. Not only that but Norv is so consistent in his play calls and that even a 3 year old can figure them out and you would be right 75% of the time. You replace the head coach and offensive coach with someone stronger than Norv, that can make the necessary adjustments and we will see a stronger Rivers.

Last edited by ViperZ28; 11-12-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Lol....

I'd ditch Norv before Rivers, NQAT.