Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Line of Demarcation to Fire Norv Turner
Below .500, miss playoffs 59 0.27%
.500 or above, miss playoffs 89 0.40%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in WC round 29 0.13%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in Div. round 17 0.08%
Make playoffs, go 1-1 with loss in Div. round 11 0.05%
Lose in AFCCG 16 0.07%
Lose in SB 7 0.03%
Win SB 16 0.07%
Fire him now, season be damned! 171 0.77%
Never fire Norv, he's cuddly 21,663 98.12%
Voters: 22078. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibolt View Post
I get that logic, but what is the alternative? Clearly the problem isn't going to 'fix' itself. If Rivers is going to be so negatively impacted and damaged psychologically by being benched for a series, quarter or half, then we've got little to no hope of ever winning with him at QB anyway.

I'm not in the meeting rooms, I don't know what happens on weekdays or on the sideline, but clearly what they're doing isn't working.

Time for a paradigm shift.
Honestly the easy out is to wait until we're out of it and then bench him, split the difference I guess?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
Agreed. And since IMO Norv hasn't done it yet, he won't. Benching a QB is a huge gamble (that he'll NEVER return to form if benched). Of course, the argument is that BY benching him you return him to form...but how often does that happen?

Eli is TERRIBLE right now and the reason the Gnats are slumping. Looking strictly at his last few games, it's bad. You don't bench him though.

No, Norv's gonna go down with the ship and we all need to hope/pray that the next HC "magically" turns his head around.
You think if Eli stunk for the better part of the last two years that Coughlin would hesitate to yank him because he was worried about his psyche?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. And since IMO Norv hasn't done it yet, he won't. Benching a QB is a huge gamble (that he'll NEVER return to form if benched). Of course, the argument is that BY benching him you return him to form...but how often does that happen?

Eli is TERRIBLE right now and the reason the Gnats are slumping. Looking strictly at his last few games, it's bad. You don't bench him though.

No, Norv's gonna go down with the ship and we all need to hope/pray that the next HC "magically" turns his head around.
big difference between Eli and Rivers is that Eli slumps regularly and pulls out of it. Magic?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Honestly the easy out is to wait until we're out of it and then bench him, split the difference I guess?
I guess. I don't have any answers.... just frustration over watching another Charger season slip down the drain.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
You think if Eli stunk for the better part of the last two years that Coughlin would hesitate to yank him because he was worried about his psyche?
He didn't yank him when he DID stink for the better part of two years before their SB run. Eli was TURRABLE for over two years. Now, he was terrible then good, where as Rivers was good then terrible...but still.

I won't pretend it's an easy answer, and I respect both courses of action. I prefer the course that succeeds
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
He didn't yank him when he DID stink for the better part of two years before their SB run. Eli was TURRABLE for over two years. Now, he was terrible then good, where as Rivers was good then terrible...but still.
I hear you- and in now way am I trying to defend Manning *spit*

Quote:
I won't pretend it's an easy answer, and I respect both courses of action. I prefer the course that succeeds
Me too. I fear we are in a lose/lose here.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
big difference between Eli and Rivers is that Eli slumps regularly and pulls out of it. Magic?
I'd say it's more a reflection of Eli than Coughlin.

I'd say.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I guess. I don't have any answers.... just frustration over watching another Charger season slip down the drain.
This is what I feel too. I hate football seasons when I stop caring mid-day through and start rooting for teams I hate to lose just because I hate them, after the Chargers become irrelevant. I went through a lot of those seasons. Didn't think this would be one, but, barring a miracle on Sunday followed by a string of miracles, it is.

On the plus side, I get more work done.

Meticulous grammar and spelling requested. Thank you.

Haikus on request.

San Diego Chargers: Always a good excuse for failure.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Norvs presser on monday. Lots of quiet time at the end of Norv's answers. Good questions and you can tell that norv is struggling to not throw Philip under the bus.

they asked him why he hasn't sat rivers. That was about the only tough question. I guess they feel sorry for him after yesterday they way he exploded.

No one asked him if he was gonna get fired. I'm waiting for that question.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWG View Post
Norvs presser on monday. Lots of quiet time at the end of Norv's answers. Good questions and you can tell that norv is struggling to not throw Philip under the bus.

they asked him why he hasn't sat rivers. That was about the only tough question. I guess they feel sorry for him after yesterday they way he exploded.

No one asked him if he was gonna get fired. I'm waiting for that question.
NOrv is not gonna get fired. Either he plays out his contract or he gets an extension.

I hope that Dean can sit Norv down and lay it out to Norv and to all the Charger fans that if we don't reach the playoffs by the end of 2013, he's gone.

Its really not fair to Norv that all the crybabies here are a hindrance and distraction to Norv from doing his job properly.

And although Rivers made a bad decison to throw the first pick yesterday, He is playing darn close to perfect. it happens.
Closed Thread