Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
bobbyC1987's Avatar
bobbyC1987 bobbyC1987 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 202
Default

Although I don't think we should trade him I'm thinking Buffalo would probably go the hardest after Rivers in a trade
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
muffindonut72 muffindonut72 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyC1987 View Post
Although I don't think we should trade him I'm thinking Buffalo would probably go the hardest after Rivers in a trade
You beat me to it, but yeah Buffalo would be the team. That is, assuming that they can get out of Fitzpatrick's contract relatively cheaply. Buddy Nix is with Buffalo, so that seems to be the most likely destination.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Denver Mike's Avatar
Denver Mike Denver Mike is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyC1987 View Post
Although I don't think we should trade him I'm thinking Buffalo would probably go the hardest after Rivers in a trade

Hmm... Very much a possibility. Buffalo would be pretty dangerous with Rivers. They'd be a legitimate threat to NE...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 10,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
You beat me to it, but yeah Buffalo would be the team. That is, assuming that they can get out of Fitzpatrick's contract relatively cheaply. Buddy Nix is with Buffalo, so that seems to be the most likely destination.
if we trade him, who are we getting to play QB?
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolterated View Post
Well a 70 qb rating isnt exactly a 89....
Tannehill is a rookie and barely even played in college. He is a converted WR for crying out loud.

I think Miami is more than happy with Tannehill
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
if we trade him, who are we getting to play QB?
That's the tough question to answer because it's a bad draft class for QBs.

I would have no problem seeing a rookie take over the reigns if he was worthy to do so. Problem is, I do not think there are any college QBs ready to take over an NFL team right now like Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Wilson, etc
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
eaterfan eaterfan is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Irvine
Posts: 562
Default

Trade anyone you can get good value for on offense.

The defense is young and up and coming. With some solid additions it could be a fearsome unit in a few years.

See if you can trade Rivers for a couple of first rounders (might be tough with his salary). See if you can get something for Floyd. See if you can get something for Matthews. See if you can get something for Gates. The O-line is pretty putrid. I don't think Matthews is a "franchise" back. We have no true number one receiver. Gates is on the downside. It's time for a rebuild.

We might not be able to get a QB this year but if we can trade those guys and end up with an extra 4 or 5 day one or two picks this year and an extra 2-3 next year we should be able to stalk up on linemen, grab a decent running back, tight end, and possibly get a WR or grab some extra help on the defensive side of the ball.

We can sign a journeyman QB (since we won't be winning much anyway) perhaps Vick if he's let go. With our extra picks next year we should be able to move up enough in the draft to take a top flight QB.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
muffindonut72 muffindonut72 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
if we trade him, who are we getting to play QB?
In the short term, Jason Campbell (he is a year younger than Vick) or some other veteran QB like that. Someone who can at least move a little and take some pressure off the O-line. Basically a game manager, a relatively cheap QB.

In my dream world, the long term answer at QB would be Manziel.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
In the short term, Jason Campbell (he is a year younger than Vick) or some other veteran QB like that. Someone who can at least move a little and take some pressure off the O-line. Basically a game manager, a relatively cheap QB.

In my dream world, the long term answer at QB would be Manziel.
Exactly. Go with a 49'ers / Ravens model. Focus on Defense and run-game, get a game-manager QB and see what happens.

We already have one, btw -- Whitehurst. (Didn't what I described above sound like the Seahawks, who made the playoffs last year with Whitehurst?)
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
muffindonut72 muffindonut72 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: n/a
Posts: 2,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterfan View Post
Trade anyone you can get good value for on offense.

The defense is young and up and coming. With some solid additions it could be a fearsome unit in a few years.

See if you can trade Rivers for a couple of first rounders (might be tough with his salary). See if you can get something for Floyd. See if you can get something for Matthews. See if you can get something for Gates. The O-line is pretty putrid. I don't think Matthews is a "franchise" back. We have no true number one receiver. Gates is on the downside. It's time for a rebuild.

We might not be able to get a QB this year but if we can trade those guys and end up with an extra 4 or 5 day one or two picks this year and an extra 2-3 next year we should be able to stalk up on linemen, grab a decent running back, tight end, and possibly get a WR or grab some extra help on the defensive side of the ball.

We can sign a journeyman QB (since we won't be winning much anyway) perhaps Vick if he's let go. With our extra picks next year we should be able to move up enough in the draft to take a top flight QB.
I think that Vick is too beat up at this point in his career. Plus, I am just not a big fan of his. But yeah, a vet QB would be a good idea.

I don't think the Chargers need to clean out the entire barn. They just need to make a few moves here and there. I don't think Floyd will bring much. He was a free agent not that long ago and ended up back with the Chargers. The RB position is pretty much looked at as a dime a dozen position nowadays. I don't think they would get much for Mathews. Probably not enough to make it worth trading him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.