Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Veteran

Although I don't think we should trade him I'm thinking Buffalo would probably go the hardest after Rivers in a trade

Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyC1987 View Post
Although I don't think we should trade him I'm thinking Buffalo would probably go the hardest after Rivers in a trade
You beat me to it, but yeah Buffalo would be the team. That is, assuming that they can get out of Fitzpatrick's contract relatively cheaply. Buddy Nix is with Buffalo, so that seems to be the most likely destination.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyC1987 View Post

Hmm... Very much a possibility. Buffalo would be pretty dangerous with Rivers. They'd be a legitimate threat to NE...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
You beat me to it, but yeah Buffalo would be the team. That is, assuming that they can get out of Fitzpatrick's contract relatively cheaply. Buddy Nix is with Buffalo, so that seems to be the most likely destination.
if we trade him, who are we getting to play QB?

-Mario Lopez
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolterated View Post
Well a 70 qb rating isnt exactly a 89....
Tannehill is a rookie and barely even played in college. He is a converted WR for crying out loud.

I think Miami is more than happy with Tannehill
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
That's the tough question to answer because it's a bad draft class for QBs.

I would have no problem seeing a rookie take over the reigns if he was worthy to do so. Problem is, I do not think there are any college QBs ready to take over an NFL team right now like Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Wilson, etc
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran

Trade anyone you can get good value for on offense.

The defense is young and up and coming. With some solid additions it could be a fearsome unit in a few years.

See if you can trade Rivers for a couple of first rounders (might be tough with his salary). See if you can get something for Floyd. See if you can get something for Matthews. See if you can get something for Gates. The O-line is pretty putrid. I don't think Matthews is a "franchise" back. We have no true number one receiver. Gates is on the downside. It's time for a rebuild.

We might not be able to get a QB this year but if we can trade those guys and end up with an extra 4 or 5 day one or two picks this year and an extra 2-3 next year we should be able to stalk up on linemen, grab a decent running back, tight end, and possibly get a WR or grab some extra help on the defensive side of the ball.

We can sign a journeyman QB (since we won't be winning much anyway) perhaps Vick if he's let go. With our extra picks next year we should be able to move up enough in the draft to take a top flight QB.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
In the short term, Jason Campbell (he is a year younger than Vick) or some other veteran QB like that. Someone who can at least move a little and take some pressure off the O-line. Basically a game manager, a relatively cheap QB.

In my dream world, the long term answer at QB would be Manziel.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
In the short term, Jason Campbell (he is a year younger than Vick) or some other veteran QB like that. Someone who can at least move a little and take some pressure off the O-line. Basically a game manager, a relatively cheap QB.

In my dream world, the long term answer at QB would be Manziel.
Exactly. Go with a 49'ers / Ravens model. Focus on Defense and run-game, get a game-manager QB and see what happens.

We already have one, btw -- Whitehurst. (Didn't what I described above sound like the Seahawks, who made the playoffs last year with Whitehurst?)

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterfan View Post
Trade anyone you can get good value for on offense.

The defense is young and up and coming. With some solid additions it could be a fearsome unit in a few years.

See if you can trade Rivers for a couple of first rounders (might be tough with his salary). See if you can get something for Floyd. See if you can get something for Matthews. See if you can get something for Gates. The O-line is pretty putrid. I don't think Matthews is a "franchise" back. We have no true number one receiver. Gates is on the downside. It's time for a rebuild.

We might not be able to get a QB this year but if we can trade those guys and end up with an extra 4 or 5 day one or two picks this year and an extra 2-3 next year we should be able to stalk up on linemen, grab a decent running back, tight end, and possibly get a WR or grab some extra help on the defensive side of the ball.

We can sign a journeyman QB (since we won't be winning much anyway) perhaps Vick if he's let go. With our extra picks next year we should be able to move up enough in the draft to take a top flight QB.
I think that Vick is too beat up at this point in his career. Plus, I am just not a big fan of his. But yeah, a vet QB would be a good idea.

I don't think the Chargers need to clean out the entire barn. They just need to make a few moves here and there. I don't think Floyd will bring much. He was a free agent not that long ago and ended up back with the Chargers. The RB position is pretty much looked at as a dime a dozen position nowadays. I don't think they would get much for Mathews. Probably not enough to make it worth trading him.