Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Wow, I don't know what Packers games you are watching. Nothing you just said to describe them even comes close to actually describing them.

Rodgers has been sacked 29 times...most in the NFL and 7 times more than Rivers

That "elite" D gives up 345 yards pg through the air and 20 points scored. That "elite" D only has 12 takeaways through 9 games.
so, you're saying we're better than the packers outside of rodgers/rivers?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
so, you're saying we're better than the packers outside of rodgers/rivers?
when healthy they have a better wide receiver crew. Besides that we are damn close. Thats the difference between an elite quarterback an average quarterback
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Rookie

There is no way Rivers can win a Super Bowl, ever, he's just not on the same level as Brees, either one of the Manning brothers, he cannot hold a candle to the likes of Aaron Rogers or even Alex Smith. Rivers is finished! His O-line. with all the injuries and whatever are a very small part of it. There were just to many loses this season so far that can be attributed to his lousy play and rookie type decisions. Every game we watch you can't help thinking about what could have been! Brees, Turner, Jackson, Sproles etc.. Until Spanos sells this team and AJ Smith is gone, there will never be a championship team in San Diego and the Chargers will always be nothing but a practice squad for players who move on and become NFL legends.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Never, ever, ever??
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Rookie

I liked it better when the run game and defense sucked but rivers played amazing because at least I knew the chargers did not have to worry about a qb for a while and I liked watching rivers play good. He was great in 2008 season, even in that playoff loss to the Sleelers he torched their secondary but now its just sad to watch as a fan. I hope he does turn it around this season in denver but its not looking good.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Bolter

I personally think the season is over, but if I ever asked Santa for an early Christmas present, is to beat the Broncos on their home turf this week.

If we don't get this, we may have to fire Santa too.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Never, ever, ever??
He said never......
Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

"It’s technically not a must-win game for the Bolts, but it’s as close as they can get!" (http://www.chargers.com/news/article...e-0a549e9559ad)

Even the San Diego Chargers Media loves mediocrity. How is this game not a MUST WIN Period!!!

This game is a must win, no matter what. We need to win this game, not technically lose and still be ok. I see this game as a make or break for our season. If we lose this game, we lose the season and the playoffs in my opinion.
“There is a sense of urgency. I think you can only say 'We're close' and 'We're building' for so long. At some point we're built, let's go. It's time now to be one of those teams that are battling through January" Philip Rivers.

"Bird goes Tweet" Patrick the Conure.
Yes, he is my bird!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM

There is no win streak with this team. This seasons been over for weeks. If you really believe this team is capable of winning out then you see something different than what I see. Frankly I don't see this team winning more than one game the rest of the season, if that. I fully expect this team to go 4-12 this season and lose out, but might be surprised with a meaningless win over the Raiders.

This team is poorly coached, fails to execute when its needed, and has suffered from a GM that has shipped out the most talented players and refused to replace them. And even more mind boggling, refuses to use the weapons in their arsenal effectively. We supposedly drafted for pass rush on the Defense, but its been non-existent this season (and last). One sack between Luiget and Ingram. One.

None of the Norv or AJ apologists can explain this:

Quote:
Robert Meachem, who signed a 4-year contract for $25.9 million this offseason, played on 8 snaps and was thrown at just once.

Jackie Battle came in for one snap. He carried the ball for 21 yards on that play. He was then sent back to the bench. He signed a 1-year contract for $700k this offseason.

Last edited by SillyBoltsFan; 11-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: cleanup on aisle 3
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abernardojr View Post
I don't think you're not allowed to be mobile and accurate at the same time lol look at RG3, Mariota in college, even Manziel. Luck is mobile, Rodgers is mobile. It's pretty clear that being able to extend plays has become almost a necessary talent from QBs, just like accuracy and arm strength (in addition to having a good o line of course). It's like there's a stigma with being mobile that you can't be a good passer for some reason.
Right. Rodgers is currently the NFL's top passing QB and is playing behind a mediocre OL.
Great OLs are harder to come by than QBs but I'm not against having one, it's just that the team has to "hit" on five guys and keep them healthy.
A QB with great read/react time and decision making who can move in the pocket and throw on the move with agility and balance can make an OL look better than they really are.
Rivers has been slow on the read/react and has one move. He must step up in the pocket to make a good throw.
For Philip to succeed at QB we must improve his ability to read his keys effectively and quickly and get the ball out. Incompletions must be OK on his menu board. Throwing Ints, fumbling, taking strip-sacks have to be removed from the options.
Closed Thread