Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosgc View Post
Its not impossible but i would be surprised...

Only reason i say it is because i have been listening t denver radio all day and every player and coach asked about this game they all say they are approaching this game with the charger team that had them down 24-0... not the team that lost 35-24... they say they arent even thinking about that charger team... thats been denver broncos theme this week...

I aint saying san diego cant win, but if they do it wont be because denver overlooked the chargers... chargers have beaten denver at mile high three straight... broncos know how important this game is...
I think fans of both teams have been trained to not have too much expectations going into our games...
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime Time View Post
I think fans of both teams have been trained to not have too much expectations going into our games...
Tell me about it...
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosgc View Post
Its not impossible but i would be surprised...

Only reason i say it is because i have been listening t denver radio all day and every player and coach asked about this game they all say they are approaching this game with the charger team that had them down 24-0... not the team that lost 35-24... they say they arent even thinking about that charger team... thats been denver broncos theme this week...

I aint saying san diego cant win, but if they do it wont be because denver overlooked the chargers... chargers have beaten denver at mile high three straight... broncos know how important this game is...
It's not a question of the Broncos taking it seriously I know they do. It's kind of human nature and we see it all the time. Look at what just happened to the Falcons. It happens every year.

The Broncos have a two game lead and they are at home. A letdown in this type of situation is not uncommon.

Now the Chargers have their own set of problems and to be honest I am not so sure they won't come out flatter than a pancake. If it goes down this way our season is surely over. But if we come out to fight it's going to be a close affair. No guarantees either way.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:16 PM

^^^It all starts from the coaching. It's not Phillips fault! Norv hasn't given the team an identity? We show up on the feild only expecting rivers to play great and lead us to a victory.. I'm finally out on NORV!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Hall of Famer

A win/win game.

If the Chargers win, it may just be another December to remember.

If the Chargers lose, Norv is surely fired.

TIM TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

GREAT JOB MR. SPANOS! I fully support the hires of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy. You can count on this fan being in the stadium.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Either this will be a new beginning of hope, or the start of a new era for the Chargers. I think I'm tired of the 1st one.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCthatsme View Post
A win/win game.

If the Chargers win, it may just be another December to remember.

If the Chargers lose, Norv is surely fired.
Hey, either way it will be remembered!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
The team with the least amount of blunders will most likely win this game.

It's not an impossible task for the Chargers, Denver is far from being a perfect team and they have some critical injuries.
I feel like we need to be +1 in the turnover/blunder/STD department to make it an even game against the Broncos.

Giving us a pick six would help.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
11th in scoring is deceiving because it includes the PR pick 6's (the stats somehow put all points against on the D) but doesn't include the short fields due to PR's and the offensive turnovers. We are actually statistically a top 10 D.

Sack stat don't look so hot and not pressuring the QB when needed is a big problem. Perhaps we look so good statistically in part because of the schedule we have played thus far.
The Chargers have a good run defense but the pass defense is still lacking. When they play against good passing teams the pass defense is really exposed. They don't have a consistent pass rush and the corners are average at best- not a good combination. The schedule has skewed the stats as you indicate.

Lets see what happens in Denver this Sunday. My guess is Manning has a big day against our pass defense.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Rookie

Default FBGP's Chargers vs Broncos Wk 11 Video Preview

Good evening Charger fans! Good luck this week!

Em