Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default Mike Ditka Suffers Minor Stroke

Former Chicago Bears head coach Mike Ditka was feeling “good” Friday after suffering a “very minor” stroke, according to a published report.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Ditka, 73, was hospitalized Friday after the episode.

Ditka told the newspaper he was playing cards at a suburban Chicago country club when he noticed his hands "weren't working quite right." He also said he was having trouble speaking.

But later Friday, Ditka told the paper, "I feel good right now and it's not a big deal."

He said doctors called the stroke “very minor.”

Glad to hear it was a minor stroke, and that he seems to be doing well.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Former Chicago Bears head coach Mike Ditka was feeling “good” Friday after suffering a “very minor” stroke, according to a published report.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Ditka, 73, was hospitalized Friday after the episode.

Ditka told the newspaper he was playing cards at a suburban Chicago country club when he noticed his hands "weren't working quite right." He also said he was having trouble speaking.

But later Friday, Ditka told the paper, "I feel good right now and it's not a big deal."

He said doctors called the stroke “very minor.”

Glad to hear it was a minor stroke, and that he seems to be doing well.
I am glad as well. While I am not huge on him as a commentator, I will say this. He was one of the best coaches ever. Led, IMO, the best defense ever. One of the best overall teams ever.

This Superbowl Champ coach was from an era too soon forgotten. They say that his style just doesn't fit in with todays athlete. It's sad because the reality is that his style is EXACTLY what is needed. Not just league wide, but specifically for our team. Let me state point blank: If you think he would have put up with what has been going on, you are out of your mind !

Not for one second would he. Let me tell you what tough is. His toughness led to their Championship win. You want to know what no-nonsense means ? Even HE says he was too tough on them !!!!!! Won it all, and states himself he was too tough. Oh, how it is missed. Love it.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I am glad as well. While I am not huge on him as a commentator, I will say this. He was one of the best coaches ever. Led, IMO, the best defense ever. One of the best overall teams ever.

This Superbowl Champ coach was from an era too soon forgotten. They say that his style just doesn't fit in with todays athlete. It's sad because the reality is that his style is EXACTLY what is needed. Not just league wide, but specifically for our team. Let me state point blank: If you think he would have put up with what has been going on, you are out of your mind !

Not for one second would he. Let me tell you what tough is. His toughness led to their Championship win. You want to know what no-nonsense means ? Even HE says he was too tough on them !!!!!! Won it all, and states himself he was too tough. Oh, how it is missed. Love it.

Singletary tried in SF and all he got was whining. "He yells too much. It hurts my fellings. I can't play in type of hostile environmment. I caught a TD today though. I want a contract extension." Gen ME.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Bolted @ Birth

I dig Ditka (say that 5 times fast), and wish him a complete recovery. Hopefully he'll relax some and not hurry back into the workforce.

Last edited by crixus; 11-18-2012 at 07:40 PM..