Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosgc View Post
nope... i have the game on dvr...

when he had the ball and was standing up there were 9 seconds...

and what made it only 9 seconds was his decision to not hurry up...

like i said, i am sticking up for him, i thought he fought hard, that last play is my only criticism...
That INT was pretty horrible, not to mention after the onside kick, he had Alexander wide open and threw it short leading to a punt from midfield.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Imo, PR is still a great qb. He made a game out of it, despite all odds. He had a bad throw over the middle, on a ridiculous play by Norv (one receiver to throw to, 2 decoys to the right that stopped and watched).

PR is a great qb, having a bad year. Many reasons for that, including PR himself, but PR is still filled with competitive fire and has the ability.

Norv on the other hand is a mediocre coach having another mediocre year.

The fix is easy and obvious.
Yes indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife9878 View Post

No I am not. Some players need to be told "the best thing you can do for the team is go warm the bench" in order to realize they need to work hard, and dedicate them self to the game etc etc. Rivers has shown he is dedicated to a fault. He played a game without an ACL tendon, he has never thrown anyone else under the bus. There have been zero reports about Rivers being a problem in practice.

Now I am not saying Rivers is playing well... He isn't. Even when teh OL gives him time, which is rare, he is stinking it up and embarrassing himself, the team and this city.

Still, this isn't an issue taht is solved by punishment IMO. If we had a QB in the wings that we thought might be better it would be different... but evidently the coaching staff hasn't seen enough out of Whitehurst, who couldn't start for the Seahawks, to give him a shot.

Rivers isn't a guy who needs to be taught a lesson before he plays better. I don't see this as an issue that a benching would fix. Benching him does not make the team better... And Whitehurst isn’t the QB of the future who could benefit from NFL experience in garbage games.
What will fix Rivers and make him play better then? Benching him might not, but what else will the team do to hold one of the most disappointing players accountable? Give Norv an extension again?

The Right Side of the Rivalry

Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltunit View Post
Since you are a Broncos fan, I understand this feeling.... I LOVED Jay Cutler when he was your starting QB, because I knew he would keep your franchise mediocre....
Cutlers record as a chicago bear is pretty impressive the last two years...

he's not perfect, but good QBs are hard to find, if you have one, even in Cutler, then build around him...
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroAsada View Post
The distance from the endzone was too great. Even as a Rivers supporter all my life, I came to realize Rivers just doesn't the ability to launch it downfield 60+ yards anymore.
Whitehurst would be able to make that throw. He may not complete the pass, but he should be able to throw it farther than Rivers.
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abernardojr View Post
So basically since our backup apparently isn't as good as our starter then the starter gets a free pass for playing at a level among the worst in the league. If that were the logic then starters would "never" be benched smh
That's the same logic that let's a guy start an AFC championship game with a totally torn ACL instead of giving a capable back up the full week of reps and letting him start, I don't get the way NFL coaches think sometimes.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abernardojr View Post
What will fix Rivers and make him play better then? Benching him might not, but what else will the team do to hold one of the most disappointing players accountable? Give Norv an extension again?
O-line.

period.
Long Suffering Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosgc View Post
Cutlers record as a chicago bear is pretty impressive the last two years...

he's not perfect, but good QBs are hard to find, if you have one, even in Cutler, then build around him...
Would you take him back over PM? ..... nuff said.....

"Time to get to work"

My First Game - 1961
Balboa Stadium
Chargers 44 - Oakland 0
Huhuh..We're gonna score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphries_12 View Post
QFT. We did the same thing to Mathews, another first round pick, except we had to trade UP to draft him. Also whats the worst that Whitehurst can do? Turn the ball over? I think Rivers already has that covered.
Dyslexic Much? oh wait... check again

Dean's Office Dec 31st 2012

Old 11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plcowner View Post
I agree with Rivers being a franchise QB.

On the last play, the receivers ran deep routes and wouldn't have made it back to the LOS in time for another play. It looked like Rivers walked straight to Denver's sideline to shake hands with the Broncos.
we don't know without trying... like i said, never quit til the final second reaches zero...

i'd be surprised if this wasnt at least mentioned some by SD local media pundits...

but either way, i still think PR was a fighter out there...