Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMANCIL View Post
Team should look at OT either side. You clearly can't count on Gaithers as his career shows. The biggest issue is that we stink on pas pro on both sides. If you could count on one side then you could help on the other.

The club needs to find another RB in the draft to help Mathews. They need to find out if the OC from Michigan is a player or they have to draft one as Hardwick is to long of tooth to count on much longer and we need a OG.

You can always find holes but right now those are the biggest needs I see. Rivers showed some grit today taking all those hits and he played much better in the 4th QT.

We have to get some OL help we have too!
If you haven't already, check out Mike Gillislee from Florida. He hits on a lot of the criteria I have for good running backs: Low mileage, limited injury history, vision, balance, patience, and skills to be a complete back. Also, he is doing well behind a not so great offensive line. Ball, Lacey, and Taylor all concern me in that their lines are very good. It's hard to know whether or not they're just a product of the rest on the talent on their teams.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Raider Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post
If your mock draft doesn't include a LT capable OT in the first round you haven't been watching the 2012-13 season.

That is all.
I don't know man. It'd rather trade down my 8th-10th overall selection for 2 first round picks. That way you could get an OT/OLB, OLB/CB, CB/OT, or whatever combo floats your boat vs risking drafting an OT that high.

The exception being if there's a game changing OLB you can build your D around then I'd likely stay put.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
I don't know man. It'd rather trade down my 8th-10th overall selection for 2 first round picks. That way you could get an OT/OLB, OLB/CB, CB/OT, or whatever combo floats your boat vs risking drafting an OT that high.

The exception being if there's a game changing OLB you can build your D around then I'd likely stay put.
I don't think you even consider that unless both the blue chip OT's and pass rushers are gone. This team lacks the elite talent on offense to deal away a high pick.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I don't think you even consider that unless both the blue chip OT's and pass rushers are gone. This team lacks the elite talent on offense to deal away a high pick.
Agreed. We need as sure a thing as possible at LT in the draft. It sucks considering the talent at OLB available in this next draft, but this is our biggest need by far at this point.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Agreed. We need as sure a thing as possible at LT in the draft. It sucks considering the talent at OLB available in this next draft, but this is our biggest need by far at this point.
If we're picking as high as it looks like we should be, then there could be a very good OLB option near the top of round 2, a la Kendall Reyes. This pass rusher class looks like it drops off in a big way after the 2nd, but if we can go OT/OLB with our first picks I think we could make out quite well.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 AM

I think that NT moved up my list of needs (though not in rounds 1-2 assuming equal or better talent at OT, OLB, or CB). The defense seemed to not be as stout without Franklin up the middle, Cam is not the answer.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Veteran

If Lewan and Joeckle are off the board I wouldn't mind if the Chargers picked up Chance Warmack. We need an upgrade at all position on our O-line and Warmack is a beast at run-blocking and is able to create big holes. This is a guy who opened up wholes for Ingram and Richardson.

I also wouldn't mind if the Chargers went CB or even DE/OLB first. If they were looking to get Dee Milliner, Jarvis Jones, Bjoern Werner, or Demontre Moore.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Raider Kryptonite

Quote:

I think we can score a talented OLB and still get an upgrade at "backup" LT over Harris in the 1st round. But if you want a sure thing at LT then hey I can't really disagree much considering Rivers has lost faith in the pocket.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Hall of Famer

We might need TWO OTs and a swing G/C! Taylor Lewan gets my vote.

1. Jason Verrett CB
2. Marcus Smith OLB
3. Martavis Bryant WR
4. Gabe Jackson G
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
I think that NT moved up my list of needs (though not in rounds 1-2 assuming equal or better talent at OT, OLB, or CB). The defense seemed to not be as stout without Franklin up the middle, Cam is not the answer.
I'm still undecided on Thomas and want to see him start more games. Most of their success on the ground yesterday came on the outside because they had no problem sealing Phillips. That's not on the NT. And I came into the game expecting that they would sell out to stop Peyton and that McGahee might find some room because of it. Cam brings a lot of pressure up the middle for a NT, so if we could get him servicable in the running game he would be worth starting IMO.