Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: New HC Options for Next Yr?
Bill Cowher 93 28.10%
John Gruden 87 26.28%
Jeff Fisher 39 11.78%
Some Hot Shot College HC 26 7.85%
Russ Grimm 16 4.83%
Someone who hasn't been a HC before 34 10.27%
Other - name him 36 10.88%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1201  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM
pacstud22's Avatar
pacstud22 pacstud22 is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 15,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Beast View Post
Jammer is a Free Agent.

We will need to raise revenue to sign him and move him to safety.

(In reality the only option is letting the 3rd and 4th rounders compete. Too heavily invested at the position to walk away without giving them a shot.)
Quit being serious, it's Tuesday.

__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
  #1202  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:02 AM
AFCWeakEST AFCWeakEST is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MISSION VALLEY
Posts: 467
Default

Let Jammer walk. He only had a 7 year window to be converted to safety, and that window has since closed. His loss. LOL.
  #1203  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM
AK46um's Avatar
AK46um AK46um is offline
Raider Kryptonite
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glendale
Posts: 6,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Ronnie Brown to QB

kaeding to CB

jammer to long snapper

Rivers to shut down strong safety. Surely he'll show Bigby how to wrap up.
  #1204  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Al "T.D." Bundy's Avatar
Al "T.D." Bundy Al "T.D." Bundy is offline
4th and Hooters
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 20,569
Default

Legit questions for those advocating Whisenhunt (inspired by a conversation I just had off-line).

Whisenhunt has presided over three 6 game losing streaks the past three seasons. I'm also told that he makes a lot of the personnel decisions in AZ, including the one to bring in Kevin Kolb. Since Kurt Warner retired, they really haven't done a whole lot.

I think the Chargers need a serious kick in the ass, and perhaps he's the guy to do it. But what is the specific appeal? Is it his offensive prowess from his Steeler/early Cardinal days? I'm not knocking the choice, just looking for more justification from those who think he'd be a good fit. I don't disagree per se. Just want more knowledge.
__________________


You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
  #1205  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM
THORjr.'s Avatar
THORjr. THORjr. is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TORRANCE
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
My Aggies just got a coach that I really like, I don't want him to leave. From what I have seen of the Aggies, he is one heck of an aggressive play caller. Keeping the fans on the edge of their seats kind of play calling. I don't think he knows the meaning of the word passive.

The Aggies field goal/extra point kicker is horrible. Just horrible
There is a big difference between retreads, ala Norv who has never won where he went, and HC's who have proven they can win, ala Cowher, Gruden, and if they left on their own, or let go because of wanting too much money or just personality conflict.
__________________
CRO MARTYball
  #1206  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM
THORjr.'s Avatar
THORjr. THORjr. is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TORRANCE
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
No to both of them. I don't get it, people see Gruden on TV, and given his past experience as a SB winner, and they think he could come to the Chargers and turn the team around. Isn't that the type of logic that got Matt Millen his job in the Lion's front office?

At Tampa didn't Gruden win with Dungy's defense, and wasn't Gruden facing his own offense that he installed with the Raiders in the SB? Just asking.
So you are saying Gruden installed the offense that got one team to the super bowl and the only reason he was able to do well against it, was because he knew it so well?

Sounds like an arguement for him, his offense was good enough to win, and intricate enough to fool the opposistion.
__________________
CRO MARTYball
  #1207  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM
THORjr.'s Avatar
THORjr. THORjr. is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TORRANCE
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwaterNYC View Post
I'm not entirely convinced the lack of obvious candidates should the prevent the organization from admitting that Turner and Smith have not advanced the program over the last few years.

i haven't any good recommendations for coach, but that's not my job. my job is to buy tickets, merchandise, etc. so that the team's coffers remain reasonably healthy. i have no plans on buying the aforementioned until i see some progress with the organization. i dunno, just a few thoughts.

Very well said.
__________________
CRO MARTYball
  #1208  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM
THORjr.'s Avatar
THORjr. THORjr. is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TORRANCE
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
Dungy's Defense lost in the wild card game the year before. Gruden took an 8-8 team to the Superbowl the next year. Gruden also did not have his 1st and 2nd round pick due to that Tampa traded that away to get Gruden. Of course it was Dungy's team, that Gruden retooled, and made the parts play good enough to win a SB. Gruden also lost another 1st and 2nd round pick in the next year.

Im not saying get Gruden, but if someone takes over next year and we go to a Superbowl, will you say "Yeh, but it was AJ and Norvs team?
Sounds to me like that Fl weather is making some people think well !
__________________
CRO MARTYball
  #1209  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is online now
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 60,846
Default

Jeff Tedford from Cal is looking for work now.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
  #1210  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Al "T.D." Bundy's Avatar
Al "T.D." Bundy Al "T.D." Bundy is offline
4th and Hooters
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 20,569
Default

I never understood the "Gruden beat his old team in the SB so he doesn't get full credit" argument. He still had to get there, and clearly getting to a SB isn't particularly easy, as evidenced by the San Diego Chargers franchise.

The rest of his tenure in TB notwithstanding.

Sort of like the "Norv's time in Washington can't be held against him because he had a meddling owner in Daniel Snyder and no one could have a lot of success in that situation" line. Always brings a chuckle.
__________________


You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.