Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What's on my mind???
"Chop's warpaint > Paper bags, and is Alice Cooper approved" 3 5.56%
"Here is your cat crap sandwich" 4 7.41%
Will the LPTC ride again?....And will they be fueled by bacon? 3 5.56%
When should we permaban Gooey? 3 5.56%
dekk is master of the ponys 4 7.41%
Are we there yet, and is there any Bacon left??? 14 25.93%
This thread's still here??? 23 42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Hall of Famer

afternoon sirs.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
lol .....

I guess I separate true fantasy (Dexter) from what could be something real (terrorism). I don't like the way the CIA individuals were (and I use were because of season 1) portrayed vs the way sympathy is generated for the terrorists.

Even the producers of the show said last year their intent was to make "bad" guys sympathetic. It was one of those short take behind the scenes discussions Showtime runs before/after the series.

I don't like the whole premise of the show. I didn't like the direction it was taking, nor the sympathy shown toward enemies of this country. I had enough, and bailed on it.
They definitely designed the show to make for uncomfortable overtones. It's really unique that way. Sort of what Woot was saying about Rooting for a serial killer with Dexter. Both him and Brody are trying to piece things together as really damaged people, but the circumstances are definitely wildly different with the reality settings of the shows, so, fair point. You're definitely not rooting for Brody's original impetus as a character, but you're rooting for him to change.

Sidenote: It's interesting how far they've delved into the ethics of drone warfare with much of it (in reality) being hidden from the public.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by X FACTOR View Post
afternoon sirs.
What's up, X?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Hall of Famer

TG week working at a grocery store = craziness. Busy days indeed. Funny to me how much some families spend on one dinner, if this is anyone reading , sorry, but to spend a months worth of grocery money on one dinner is crazy . Can be done for so much less, no matter the family size.
Just came back from St. Louis , and we had about 40 peeps for an early TG dinner, but I kid you not, was enough food for an army platoon leftover, way over board imo. there, and thank you sir for saying hi............ I get that so little here anymore.
Hope you and the fam have a great one, gotta work TG day for 5 hours.

Last edited by X FACTOR; 11-20-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
~

I think that because so many people have the same thing the same time of the year, the food supply chain is super efficient. We always have leftovers, but it is one of the cheapest meals I've ever paid for given the amount and quality of the food.

This year is different -- going Hawaiian instead of traditional.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X FACTOR View Post
TG week working at a grocery store = craziness. Busy days indeed. Funny to me how much some families spend on one dinner, if this is anyone reading , sorry, but to spend a months worth of grocery money on one dinner is . Can be done for so much less, no matter the family size.
Just came back from St. Louis , and we had about 40 peeps for an early TG dinner, but I kid you not, was enough food for an army platoon leftover, way over board imo. there, and thank you sir for saying hi............ I get that so little here anymore.
Hope you and the fam have a great one, gotta work TG day for 5 hours.
I used to be a meat cutter for Albertson's when going through school. Thanksgiving through New Year's was always insane
Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That's what I love about it. They're seriously blowing up normal structure for a 12-week season with the steadily rising action formula everyone else does. Loved the two big reveals in the front half of the season this year. Jaw was on the floor from the moment you can imagine I'm talking about with the courier bag. Any other show, that's the kicker for the season, leaving you on the cliff. The daughter storyline seemed like it was distracting, but, I see how they used it to turn up the fire on Brody.

Dexter...haven't watched since the season after Lithgow was a BA. Think that was the pinnacle of the show. They sort of lost me after they let him continue on his own path instead of fixing/changing himself. I mean, I guess the TV writers all want jobs as long as possible when it comes to it, but, I saw the last few minutes of last weeks episode. I am happy with those developments, even if it took awhile to get to them

Is Californication still on? That first season was brilliant writing. Feels like they were chasing their tale ever after.
I never watched Californication so no idea.

Ya Dexter floundered a bit, but I like this season. It's kind of like Lost, floundering a bit --> announce show ending it gives the writers something to go towards giving the show direction again.

I don't really like the daughter storyline either, but like you I think it was just there to add stress. Last seasons twists and turns were just incredible, this one is even better. I don't think they can go past this season though with out just going off the deep end. We'll see.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
I used to be a meat cutter for Albertson's when going through school. Thanksgiving through New Year's was always insane
Being in a retirement/tourist lake town, the summer holidays are the most brutal, followed by the winter holidays................ but the abosolute worst here, because we live in a mountainous region, with alot of scared elderly people, is when the forcast calls for snow or worse/ice. I kid you not not, locals shop like they are going to trapped for two weeks, buy alot of refrigerated stuff and hope the power does not make them lose food, first of all If need be I could easily walk the 4 miles to work for food, second in 18 years here have only called in on weather day where we got 3 ft of snow in one day, besides all of the if the electric does go out, why would you lose you cold items........ it's cold outside, set the stuff in a cooler or on the porch outside. duh.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Dexter
Homeland
Always Sunny
American Horror Story
Walking Dead
Boardwalk Empire

I watch too much TV...
I Just got Showtime and HBO so i think ill check out Boardwalk and Homeland, i watch all those.

No Breaking Bad?

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Marcus Smith - OLB
3. Bruce Ellington - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Justin Ellis - NT
6. Aaron Colvin - CB
7. James Wilder - RB
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolting Xero View Post
I Just got Showtime and HBO so i think ill check out Boardwalk and Homeland, i watch all those.

No Breaking Bad?
That's just what's in season.

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Archer

round out my vice
Closed Thread