Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should the Chargers finish out the season or clean house now?
Finish the season 73 29.92%
Clean house now 171 70.08%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
Let's see Eli Manning 2007

2007, 10-6, 56.1 PCT, 3336 yards, 23 TD, 20 INT. 73.9 QBR.

Yeah, Eli totally earned that one
Fair point, but two things: 1 - he was excellent in post season; and 2 - Coughlin as a head coach has a track record of getting results with average teams. When you look at the stats how they won the 2007 and 2011 super bowls is beyond me, especially 2011 since their defense was terrible.

But it gives us hope because the 2007 and 2011 giants are amongst the worst teams to win the super bowl. I guess Eli has a knack.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8272 View Post
Fair point, but two things: 1 - he was excellent in post season; and 2 - Coughlin as a head coach has a track record of getting results with average teams. When you look at the stats how they won the 2007 and 2011 super bowls is beyond me, especially 2011 since their defense was terrible.

But it gives us hope because the 2007 and 2011 giants are amongst the worst teams to win the super bowl. I guess Eli has a knack.
Lulz... hope..? Not with this coach. We've had two years of hope going on three... At what point do
people wake up and say, No hope..?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Stats don't win games. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.

Stats are a mathematical way to gauge performance after the fact and do not give you an accurate representation of the situation at hand at the time.

The Giants D at the end of 2007 was lights out and Eli was playing much better at the end of the 2007 season than the regular season stats indicate.

Similar situation in 2011 except the Giants O was playing lights out by the end of the season and their D finally got 100% healthy.

Stats are for suckers and losers.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
Stats don't win games. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.

Stats are a mathematical way to gauge performance after the fact and do not give you an accurate representation of the situation at hand at the time.

The Giants D at the end of 2007 was lights out and Eli was playing much better at the end of the 2007 season than the regular season stats indicate.

Similar situation in 2011 except the Giants O was playing lights out by the end of the season and their D finally got 100% healthy.

Stats are for suckers and losers.
You're dead wrong. Couple years ago the Chargers had both the #1 offense and #1 defense in the league. What more telling stat than that do you need?

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Rookie

This team is going down the dumps and will not come anywhere near the playoffs LOL. AJ and Norv need to be fired now, not later. The Chargers are the laughing stock of the NFL.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post
QFT. The last two SuperBowl winners barely made the playoffs.

The Packers in 2010 were the #6 seed and the knock on Rodgers at the time was that he couldn't win in the playoffs. The Giants were the #4 seed last year but they had to beat Dallas in week 17 to even make the playoffs. They had even lost 5 of 6 games in the middle part of the season.

The bottom line is that no one really remembers your regular season record if your team makes noise in the playoffs. The odds are not in our favor but there is still a little hope for this team. If/when we get to 8 losses, we're assured of not making the playoffs and I'd be A-OK if we lost out at that point so that we got a better draft spot.
I don't like the comparison to the Giants, the Giants are a Super Bowl winning team. So they have the championship mettle, and knew what it took to get there. They did hit a bad stretch last season, but were able to pull themselves out. That takes strong leadership and talent. Two things the Chargers currently seem to be lacking. And they've never really shown any inclination to step up in the face of adversity either, at least not lately.

That's the difference.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
You're dead wrong. Couple years ago the Chargers had both the #1 offense and #1 defense in the league. What more telling stat than that do you need?
I forgot about that year. That was the year we won the SB, am I right?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
I forgot about that year. That was the year we won the SB, am I right?
Yes, I believe that was a the tail end of their Three-Peat.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger3126 View Post
If we clean house now, odds are we are going to lose most of your final games due to the lack of chemistry between new coach and the players as well as all of the sudden changes.

There's chemistry in the team?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
There's chemistry in the team?
LOL that is what I was thinking. It is obvious the chemistry between Norv and Rivers has crumbled and well I think we are better off without Norv for the rest of the year.