Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Which is why I want to draft a pass rusher before a corner this season (allowing that the talent level is similar)...

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Which is why I want to draft a pass rusher before a corner this season (allowing that the talent level is similar)...
Agree. A great pass rush can allow a mediocre, even below average secondary to look really good...just ask the Giants...or the Steelers of a few years back.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
If I were calling the shots, we'd go defensive front 7 with two of the first three picks EVERY year.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer

There are more first round talent at pass rusher than there is at CB this year. The one CB that's really worth a 1st round grade will likely be gone unless we finish at 4-12.

However between a pass rusher and OT, this year I'd go OT. We don't go anywhere until PR feels comfortable in the pocket. Argue all you want the O line needs fixing first and foremost. We can make the PO with the current D, we cannot make the PO with the current O line and we need more than just one OT. A complete rebuild of the O line is needed. O line big time this off season either through the draft, FA or trade it has to be addressed before anything else.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
There are more first round talent at pass rusher than there is at CB this year. The one CB that's really worth a 1st round grade will likely be gone unless we finish at 4-12.

However between a pass rusher and OT, this year I'd go OT. We don't go anywhere until PR feels comfortable in the pocket. Argue all you want the O line needs fixing first and foremost. We can make the PO with the current D, we cannot make the PO with the current O line and we need more than just one OT. A complete rebuild of the O line is needed. O line big time this off season either through the draft, FA or trade it has to be addressed before anything else.
Seconded
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

Just an idea: We move up back into the first to grab Warmack (but lose some big picks in the process), move back and trade back up to get a 2nd tier OT and Warmack in the mid/late 1st.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Hall of Famer

To Sj's point, I couldn't agree more. But rather than reach for a lesser OT in round one, if the big two are gone the smart move is to address a different need with a better talent. To me, that's pass rusher.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Support our troops

Quote:
To Sj's point, I couldn't agree more. But rather than reach for a lesser OT in round one, if the big two are gone the smart move is to address a different need with a better talent. To me, that's pass rusher.
Word. Reaching for need was the reason for AJ's drought imo. He's much better when he just takes BPA.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Taking a look at the rankings for the first 18 guys there are 5 O line and 5 DE/OLB guys that make the grade. 2 of the O line guys are OGs, not sure that's the wise way to go. So that leaves 3 OTs. Of the 5 DE/OLB I have not yet done an analysis to find out fit for us. However Jammer said Jones has stenosis issue, same as McNeil.
So that probably means 4 options.

What we seem to need is more of pure pass rusher. Kemp, anyone who fits the bill?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Draft This Man

Anthony Barr fits as a pure pass rusher as does Mingo, Tank Carradine, etc.

sean of BSX