Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalWombat View Post
The beauty of this coming draft is its wealth of pass rushers coming out. I see many of them overflowing into the 2nd round.
Probably. Should be some good talent in the top 10 of the 2nd round left.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalWombat View Post
I agree with everything especially the quoted. On to my next mock revision!

Since I don't do player analysis to the extent that you do, who are some pure pass rushers you see falling to the top half of the second round that would be a good fit?
We each probably have about 6700 revisions ahead of us, lol.

I would say that the following have a chance to slip into the second (listed from least likely to most likely):

- Jarvis Jones, Georgia: Supremely talented, but sadly Jones deals with the same health issues that McNeill does. The combine medical check could really hurt him and push him down boards dramatically.

- Barkevious Mingo, LSU: Mingo's lack of production might hurt him if enough pass rushers ranked below him sneak ahead. It's very unlikely, which is why he almost heads this list, but it's not unheard of for such a highly regarded preseason prospect to tumble with a lackluster season.

- Cornellius Carradine, Fl. State: Carradine's stock still isn't where it belongs because he didn't come into the season as the starter. But he's vastly outperformed Brandon Jenkins and will most likely land in the first, with pass rush needy teams like the Falcons selecting late.

- Alex Okafor, Texas: Okafor is well-round, but not spectacular in any regard. That could allow for teams picking late in the first choosing a different talent that might wow them in some specific regard.

- Dion Jordan, Oregon: Jordan's sterling season has suffered due to an injury lately. Also, if he's as tall as he's listed, then he doesn't really have a natural position. At 6'6" he'd be at the proper height for DE, but way too light.

- Ezekiel Ansah, BYU: Coming from a smaller program can always limit one's draft stock. Ansah's lack of experience and stat sheet production may also hurt him, but he has talent to match most prospects in this draft.

- Anthony Barr, UCLA: Barr's inexperience on defense shows in a lot of the little things. Fans are going to overlook that because of the production, but scouts probably won't. Still a decent shot at the first with a good combine, but far from a lock.

- Morgan Breslin, USC: Breslin is another player who has absolutely burst onto the scene in 2012. He's far from perfect, but there's enough upside that he will almost certainly go on the second day.

- Brandon Jenkins, Fl. State: If Jenkins can prove that he's fully healthy by the time the combine rolls around, some team is going to draft him based on the upside that he was unable to show this season.

- Corey Lemonier, Auburn: Lemonier has a great first step off the line, and that's about it. He should be a good rotational pass rusher in the NFL, but he'll need to develop a lot more in order to be a starter. He's more of a guy I would look to fall to the 3rd.

I didn't list Chase Thomas or John Simon because I don't think they fit what we should be looking for in a blindside pass rusher. Also didn't include Jackson Jeffcoat as I think he's a lock to go back to school.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Draft This Man

BYU is a smaller program? Que?

Let's not forget Sean Porter. He was fire just a few seasons ago.

sean of BSX
Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
BYU is a smaller program? Que?

Let's not forget Sean Porter. He was fire just a few seasons ago.
Look at the other schools on the list: Florida State, Georgia, LSU, UCLA, USC, Texas... BYU is clearly the lesser program of the bunch. And it's not a unique situation where they're really good right now. The level of competition is the lowest by a wide margin.

I think Porter needs to play in a 4-3. He's barely 230 and doesn't look like he has the frame to get much bigger effectively. WOLB all the way.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Shock and Awe

Jesus Kemp, don't you have finals coming up? Where are you finding the time for all this young man!
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Don't mess wid da dawg.

I believe OL is a big area of need....but we can get them in the later rounds.....I would like to see the kid LB from ND and also drop the drone Mathews and draft a good one this year...Maybe franklin from UcLa or the kid from Oregon.....We need to go after them this year....tired of trading down for some bum players...
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post
Jesus Kemp, don't you have finals coming up? Where are you finding the time for all this young man!
lol? how old is kemp? And where the hell does he get his sources...cuz im interested in getting to know prospects...show me the ropes
Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
I like your thinking though Wombat: Glennon is being severely underrated right now and when the "experts" in 2-3 months start to catch on they are going to talk about him as a riser. Unless he breaks his arm or gets caught with drugs or something.

Glennon is probably going in the 1st or early 2nd so it's not much use pegging him in the 3rd.

Kemp is right though. Better to blow our resources on the line and see what happens. If we draft a QB high next year because Rivers can't get it together then that QB will at least have a team around him and we would have done everything possible for Rivers.
By who? Draftniks? LOL!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Paradise is on the left.

John Simon from Ohio State is another DE/OLB type who should be available after the 1st round, and perhaps as low as the 4th round. He's not real explosive, and probably projects to LOLB also. Still, I like him as a "Jason Smith" type of player who just doesn't stop. Not someone I see us going after, but thought I'd mention him for those who enjoy watching an all out player.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
1) It's Jesse, not Jesus.

2) I done gradeated son! And that took about 10 minutes.