Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM
chargerfan1

Default First Chargers Game of my life

I've been a Charger fan living in San Diego my entire life, and somehow this is the first Charger game I will ever attend. I'm going to the Ravens-Chargers game this Sunday and I have a couple questions.

First, I'm buying tickets at the 50 yard line on the Plaza level, but I'm worried from the view on stubhub that the view will be obstructed by the players. Is this an irrational fear? I just want to be sure before I buy the tickets.

Second, what time should I arrive at the game if I want to have enough time to park, pick up my tickets, etc.?

Thanks guys!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 AM
^Does not care^

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan1 View Post
I've been a Charger fan living in San Diego my entire life, and somehow this is the first Charger game I will ever attend. I'm going to the Ravens-Chargers game this Sunday and I have a couple questions.

First, I'm buying tickets at the 50 yard line on the Plaza level, but I'm worried from the view on stubhub that the view will be obstructed by the players. Is this an irrational fear? I just want to be sure before I buy the tickets.

Second, what time should I arrive at the game if I want to have enough time to park, pick up my tickets, etc.?

Thanks guys!
Depends of the tix. Some seats behind the bench will be obstructed for sure. My dad actually had those seats for the Holy Roller and did not see what actually happened until after the game on tv. So yeah, if you are in the first 5-8 rows, you will miss some things.

Get there around 10 no later than 11 if you want to park in the stadium. It is not a sell out so you may not have trouble finding parking, but, better safe than sorry. Getting in is no sweat usually, getting out sucks.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:53 AM
SD Native in MIA

Are you on Chargers side or visitors? If you're on the visitors side the sun will be in your face for a little. Also, that depends on your row. If you're higher up in Plaza you'll be under a cover. The players will never be in your way from the Plaza level. That's only a concern in the Field level, rows 1-15 or so.

The game is blacked out so you won't have to arrive as early but sure to get there about 2 hours prior to kick off. Walk through the parking lot and smell all the good tailgating going on. Enjoy!

Quote:

Thanks guys!

Chargers Road Trips:
SD @ AZ 8/22/09 (Win)
SD @ KC 9/13/10 (Loss, misery in Missouri, in the rain)
SD @ NYC 10/23/11(Loss), 12/23/12 (Win)
SD @ JAX 12/5/11 (Win)
SD @ TAMPA 11/11/12 (Loss)
SD @ PITT 12/9/12 (Win)
SD @ TENN 9/22/13 (Loss)
SD @ JAX 10/20/13 (Win)
SD @ WASH 11/03/13 (Loss)
SD @ MIA 11/17/13 (Loss)

Tentative Road Trips for 2014:
SD @ SF
Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 PM
^Does not care^

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesINsd View Post
Are you on Chargers side or visitors? If you're on the visitors side the sun will be in your face for a little. Also, that depends on your row. If you're higher up in Plaza you'll be under a cover. The players will never be in your way from the Plaza level. That's only a concern in the Field level, rows 1-15 or so.

The game is blacked out so you won't have to arrive as early but sure to get there about 2 hours prior to kick off. Walk through the parking lot and smell all the good tailgating going on. Enjoy!
This is true, I was thinking field. No problem with seeing the whole field. Plaza are usually the best seats in the place. Plaza 50 yard line will be mainly season ticket holders, so you will have less annoying away fans.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM
LIGHT UP THE "Q"

The only possible issue in Plaza is if you're in Row 1 or 2 as the walkway is in front of you.

It's hard to describe to people who have never seen a game in person but you'll love being there. It also helps if we win, then it's really fun.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:11 PM
chargerfan1

Thanks for the responses, I'm in section 37 somewhere in the 20s row. I checked out the view on SeatHound and it looked great. Thanks again!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Thanks for the responses, I'm in section 37 somewhere in the 20s row. I checked out the view on SeatHound and it looked great. Thanks again!
JoeCharger is right. As a Chargers fan, you have to go to one live in your lifetime. It is a special experience to get to see the team that you are rooting for in person. Ho Man ! If it ends up being your only game I sure hope they win !

The others already answered, but Plaza is high enough to see over the sideline/players.