Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
I do too, but whether or not that translates to a win in a few weeks, we'll see.

I thought the Chargers were better in 2009 as well, and we saw how that panned out.

I think the whole point of this thread is the Jets are a mess. Someone compared the Chargers' losses to the Jets' and someone responded that the Chargers hadn't lost games by 30. You pointed out that the Chargers had some bad losses as well. Within that context I made my comment that think the Chargers are better than the Jets.

Everyone's statements are pretty accurate, imo, including yours.

As for if the Chargers being better translates into a win over the Jets or not, I agree with you, we'll see.

I think the Jets used up their allotment of good fortune back when they made their consecutive runs to the AFCCG (seasons where they were extremely fortunate to even make the playoffs). The luck pendulum is swinging to the bad side of the fulcrum now (did you see how those turnovers were pretty much bouncing right into the Patriots' hands?). Hopefully it stays there when the Chargers play them.

Btw, did anyone see the hit Watt put on Stafford in the Texans/Lions game? It was almost identical (hit in the chest up into the chin) that Ingrahm got called for in the NO game.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I know. But it was comical seeing his face bounce off that butt.

Anything that causes Rex grief is okay in my book.
Yes, I agree. It was pretty funny. Sanchez went down like he hit a brick wall.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 AM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
I think the whole point of this thread is the Jets are a mess. Someone compared the Chargers' losses to the Jets' and someone responded that the Chargers hadn't lost games by 30. You pointed out that the Chargers had some bad losses as well. Within that context I made my comment that think the Chargers are better than the Jets.

Everyone's statements are pretty accurate, imo, including yours.

As for if the Chargers being better translates into a win over the Jets or not, I agree with you, we'll see.

I think the Jets used up their allotment of good fortune back when they made their consecutive runs to the AFCCG (seasons where they were extremely fortunate to even make the playoffs). The luck pendulum is swinging to the bad side of the fulcrum now (did you see how those turnovers were pretty much bouncing right into the Patriots' hands?). Hopefully it stays there when the Chargers play them.

Btw, did anyone see the hit Watt put on Stafford in the Texans/Lions game? It was almost identical (hit in the chest up into the chin) that Ingrahm got called for in the NO game.
Yeah, I did. I remember thinking the exact same thing. Came up right under his chin. Ouch.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Theres a thread on it...a poster provided both clips...the difference seems to be Ingrahm went low to high coming up onto Breesy's chin while Watt maintained a level tackling plain that just so happened to result in the helmet hitting Stafford's chin...I still don't like it...
Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVP27 View Post
Theres a thread on it...a poster provided both clips...the difference seems to be Ingrahm went low to high coming up onto Breesy's chin while Watt maintained a level tackling plain that just so happened to result in the helmet hitting Stafford's chin...I still don't like it...
May have something to do with Brees being 4'3" and Stafford being normal-human height.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

It's obviously a conspiracy against the Chargers.

Plain as day for everyone to see.

Dern refs, and their point spreads.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 PM
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Welcome to the middle, brother Jets hater.
Saw this on Fark.com:

Every time Rex Ryan grimaces, an orphanage is saved from foreclosure.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
May have something to do with Brees being 4'3" and Stafford being normal-human height.
LOL that's exactly what I was gonna say, except not as funny as this.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

From a fan perspective, this sucks.

How bad has this season for the New York Jets? So bad that it convinced Ed Anzalone, aka “Fireman Ed,” to step away from his post as a fan leader for the team.

Anzalone has been a Jets fan since 1975 and has been leading a J-E-T-S chant from Section 134 at Jets home games since 1986. However, the drama, negativity, and losing surrounding the team became too much for him this season.

Fireman Ed left before halftime of the Jets’ loss 49-19 loss to the New England Patriots on Thursday. He also deleted his Twitter account that day.

In a column for Metro.us, Anzalone said that was the second time in a row he left before the game ended. He also explained why he would be stepping down as “Fireman Ed,” blaming society for the increased confrontations he’s faced this season.

Here’s what he wrote:
I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.
This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.
Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.
Anzalone added that he will always love the Jets and continue to attend games, just not as “Fireman Ed.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Hall of Famer

The jets problem isn't really Rex it's what's happened with their GM, they don't have enough play makers now. I'm not saying Rex is blameless but when he can't even get the players he wants in the draft then what's he supposed to do? I can't imagine our record or how many times we'd make the playoffs if we had to face the Patriots twice a year. There seems to be organizational issues with that team now that go far beyond Rex, he's actually been pretty quiet this year and far more humble (and lost a lot of weight) yet people still bash him when in reality he's been a man about most of the losses and taken the blame for just about everything even when it wasn't his fault, unlike our HC who's just barely after years of making excuses finally started to take some public responsibility for what's happened with his team. I honestly think he'll keep his job after this season but their GM is likely on his way out the door.