Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should the Chargers finish out the season or clean house now?
Finish the season 73 29.92%
Clean house now 171 70.08%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 AM
LTMvP61nizine's Avatar
LTMvP61nizine LTMvP61nizine is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: el cajon
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by promiseland View Post
Im going to bed now. When I wake up I would very much like to hear that Norv and AJ have been fired. I would take it as an early Christmas present.
If anything fire AJ first. Norv could wait his turn at the end of the season.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Teddly45's Avatar
Teddly45 Teddly45 is offline
Not as lean, Not as mean
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
I don't like the comparison to the Giants, the Giants are a Super Bowl winning team. So they have the championship mettle, and knew what it took to get there. They did hit a bad stretch last season, but were able to pull themselves out. That takes strong leadership and talent. Two things the Chargers currently seem to be lacking. And they've never really shown any inclination to step up in the face of adversity either, at least not lately.

That's the difference.
A good coach doesn't try to force a square peg into a round hole. He shapes the team to take advantage of the talents and abilities he has. That is what I think Norv Turner lacks. He is an under .500 coach for his career. The only under .500 coach I know who has won the Super Bowl is Coughlin. He finds a way to round the peg or square the hole. Norv doesn't know how to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 AM
DirtyBlack310's Avatar
DirtyBlack310 DirtyBlack310 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddly45 View Post
A good coach doesn't try to force a square peg into a round hole. He shapes the team to take advantage of the talents and abilities he has. That is what I think Norv Turner lacks. He is an under .500 coach for his career. The only under .500 coach I know who has won the Super Bowl is Coughlin. He finds a way to round the peg or square the hole. Norv doesn't know how to do this.

Coughlin is not under.500 LOL
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM
nEoQuIcKsiLvEr's Avatar
nEoQuIcKsiLvEr nEoQuIcKsiLvEr is offline
Charger realist, idealist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBlack310 View Post
Coughlin is not under.500 LOL
Yeah. He's never been under .500 for his head coaching career.

(3 years) Boston College: 21–13–1

(8 years) Jacksonville Jaguars: 68–60 regular season record and a 4–4 playoff record.

(9 years) New York Giants: 81-58 regular season record and a 8-3 playoff record with two superbowls.
__________________
Disclaimer: Charger fans should have tempered expectations
CMB where heresay and speculation is predominant.
Quote:
"My way of joking is to tell the truth. It's the funniest joke in the world."
- George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Oside89's Avatar
Oside89 Oside89 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 3,269
Default

That chill pill approach sure worked didn't it. The coaching is lousy and I don't blame the losses on the players, with the exception of the offensive line. Of course because it wasn't addressed last season, now anyone that the Chargers target will demand top dollar.

AJ needs to be let go for not extending Donald Butler during the season. Norvs there is always tomorrow speaks for itself. It's time for Spanos to ask... beg... plead with Larry Ellison to buy the Chargers.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
vicsteele's Avatar
vicsteele vicsteele is offline
Optimistic pessimist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,643
Default

Finish out and finish bad at this point. Get a top 10 draft pick, get a QB of the future. But this has to be done without AJ making the pick and having the new coach already in. Allow the new coach to pick his QB of the future.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 AM
vicsteele's Avatar
vicsteele vicsteele is offline
Optimistic pessimist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside89 View Post
That chill pill approach sure worked didn't it. The coaching is lousy and I don't blame the losses on the players, with the exception of the offensive line. Of course because it wasn't addressed last season, now anyone that the Chargers target will demand top dollar.

AJ needs to be let go for not extending Donald Butler during the season. Norvs there is always tomorrow speaks for itself. It's time for Spanos to ask... beg... plead with Larry Ellison to buy the Chargers.
Lol. the first move Ellison would make is to move the Chargers to LA.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 AM
bxchargersfan's Avatar
bxchargersfan bxchargersfan is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bronx
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
Finish out and finish bad at this point. Get a top 10 draft pick, get a QB of the future. But this has to be done without AJ making the pick and having the new coach already in. Allow the new coach to pick his QB of the future.
This makes a lot of sense to me.
__________________
All of these have a championship, except one, and that needs to change.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
muffindonut72 muffindonut72 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: n/a
Posts: 3,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
Finish out and finish bad at this point. Get a top 10 draft pick, get a QB of the future. But this has to be done without AJ making the pick and having the new coach already in. Allow the new coach to pick his QB of the future.
This is supposed to be a bad year for drafting QBs. Now whether there is a diamond in the rough, who knows?
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Oside89's Avatar
Oside89 Oside89 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 3,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
Lol. the first move Ellison would make is to move the Chargers to LA.

Perhaps, but being the 3rd richest guy and one that owns an island. We can hope he wants to dock his yacht in San Diego near (at) HIS new stadium
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.