Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince67 View Post
O'line was terrible today, but Rivers is still playing like he is panicked IMO. He leaves the pocket early at times, and also throws the ball away when he is not under pressure. I think the bad O'line play is screwing with his head now.
I actually think he stuck it out better in this game. I really do. In fact he made a few good plays doing it too.
Harris was getting beat up by Suggs all night. Suggs practically on the first hit had him back to within a few yards of phillip. But harris did enough to slow him for most part.

One other plus on Phillip,
When Phillip did scramble, he threw the ball away. No picks today. Infact no turnovers at all.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
I actually think he stuck it out better in this game. I really do. In fact he made a few good plays doing it too.
Harris was getting beat up by Suggs all night. Suggs practically on the first hit had him back to within a few yards of phillip. But harris did enough to slow him for most part.

When Phillip did scramble, he threw the ball away. No picks today. Infact no turnovers at all.
I agree that he did play better today, then last week. I just think until the O'line gets fixed he is going to give up on plays early.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I liked that he didnt force balls and threw it away. I didnt like how bad he is at improvising. He threw it in the ground quite a few times. He is ridiculously immobile
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince67 View Post
I agree that he did play better today, then last week. I just think until the O'line gets fixed he is going to give up on plays early.

You are not alone. He may be beyond repair this year. I know a few think he actually gave up on plays today.

I am forever the optimist though. I think the o-line fix will change everything fro Phillip.

Being a delusional homer has it's benefits.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You are not alone. He may be beyond repair this year. I know a few think he actually gave up on plays today.

I am forever the optimist though. I think the o-line fix will change everything fro Phillip.

Being a delusional homer has it's benefits.
I still have hope for him. We need to draft and use free agency next year with O'line as the #1 priority.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Rivers looks like he is playing a different game than all of the top QB's. He always gets buried in the pocket on his sacks. No escapability.

Both Brees and Rodgers got pummeled also today but at least they can extend the play and buy some time if necessary.

Last edited by bigslick; 11-25-2012 at 08:39 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 AM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick View Post
Rivers looks like he is playing a different game than all of the top QB's. He always gets buried in the pocket on his sacks. No escapability.

Both Brees and Rodgers got pummeled also today but at least they can extend the play and buy some time if necessary.
I saw that, too. It seems like some folks around here think it is nothing but sunshine and lollipops for the other QB's in the league, when nearly all of them are getting knocked around like crazy and being asked to perform in spite of the pressure.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 AM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
I appreciate your optimism. I really do.

But this is like the old baseball movie (I can't remember which one) where the manager sends a guy to the minors. The veteran makes his case to stay in the Bigs, and the manager says something like: "Your telling me that you're back on track because you got a seeing-eye single? Doesn't that tell us both something?"

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick View Post

What's scary in another thread plenty of posters compared Rivers' career to McNabb's.

One thing about McNabb is when he'd get hit, he'd become unstable for the rest of the game, much like Rivers does. When his line started to let McNabb down he became such an inaccurate passer who made bad decisions even when there was no pressure. Then when the line improved, he never returned back to his previous level.

I hope the same isn't true of Rivers here.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Hall of Famer

I saw some nice improvement from Rivers today by throwing the ball away instead of forcing it. Unfortunately, this is why he has been forcing throws all year. What was it, 10 throw aways today. Our offense is pathetic and he is pressing to make things happen. He is used to carrying the team, but our defense is actually very good this year and if he had been throwing the ball away all year, we probably would have won some more games.
“The phrase 'The game doesn’t mean anything' bothers me more than anything. It means something to play in this league and play in this game. I’ll never under-appreciate the opportunity to play an NFL game …” -

“I think we’d all have to tie Philip down and fight him to keep him from going out there and playing.” - Norv Turner