Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Wow dude. That is some SERIOUS cherrypicking there. Not sure I've seen a more impressive effort, to be honest.

I wonder if we take away the Chargers wins against the absolute worst team in the league, where that leaves them. Stat wise.
LOL...Stats 101...what are outliers for 100... :P
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Hall of Famer

I don't think we'd be missing VJ this much if Norv had any clue how to use Royal or Meachem. See how Torrey Smith killed us on 3rd and short with those drag routes, that's how we should be using Meachem and Royal. I don't think either one has run a single drag route the entire season.
“The phrase 'The game doesn’t mean anything' bothers me more than anything. It means something to play in this league and play in this game. I’ll never under-appreciate the opportunity to play an NFL game …” -

“I think we’d all have to tie Philip down and fight him to keep him from going out there and playing.” - Norv Turner
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVP27 View Post
LOL...Stats 101...what are outliers for 100... :P
LOL

I gotta give you credit man, you do keep it real around here. I rarely agree with anything you say but you brush it all off and just do your thing. Props on that.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
LOL

I gotta give you credit man, you do keep it real around here. I rarely agree with anything you say but you brush it all off and just do your thing. Props on that.

Thanks man! Obviously the thought is mutual...would have to be...right? Anyways, I didn't hide anything...just suggesting 216 might be an abberation...the difference in yards from the top two games is 216-128=88...the lowest yards in a game was 29...add an 88 point difference and you get 117...that accounts for all his games except the game he "went off" with 216 yard...And for our game, when one reception accounts for 52% of the total yards gained in a game, it too could be considered an abberation, or outlier...

Last edited by AnthonyVP27; 11-26-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCro View Post
I don't think we'd be missing VJ this much if Norv had any clue how to use Royal or Meachem. See how Torrey Smith killed us on 3rd and short with those drag routes, that's how we should be using Meachem and Royal. I don't think either one has run a single drag route the entire season.
Is this really your take ? You are welcome to your opinion, 100%, but is this it ?

Have you ever considered that Meachem and Royal have sucked so bad that I struggle to find the words for it ? Hitting Meachem in the chest for the game winning score in Cleveland, AND HE DROPS IT ???

They have been so bad that we had to go sign Alexander ?

C'mon man.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Is this really your take ? You are welcome to your opinion, 100%, but is this it ?

Have you ever considered that Meachem and Royal have sucked so bad that I struggle to find the words for it ? Hitting Meachem in the chest for the game winning score in Cleveland, AND HE DROPS IT ???

C'mon man.
Maybe you missed my post on salaries...but here is another take...Jackson will be getting 11000000 this year and 13000000 next year...for comparison Phillip Freakin' Rivers is getting 10200000 this year and 12000000 next year...really? pay the man?

C'mon Man!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVP27 View Post
Maybe you missed my post on salaries...but here is another take...Jackson will be getting 11000000 this year and 13000000 next year...for comparison Phillip Freakin' Rivers is getting 10200000 this year and 12000000 next year...really? pay the man?

C'mon Man!
To be fair, VJ would have surrendered less sacks and picks than Rivers were he our QB.

His total yardage might only be 42, but still
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post

C'mon man.
Yeah Meachem and Royal have been huge disappointments and some of that blame goes to them. That drop was especially painful to watch, I agree. Royal being injured has also hurt. At the same time though I hoped we would sign the two of them and was very happy when we did sign them. I thought they would bring new dimensions to the offense and diminish the over reliance of the deep ball in Norv's offense. Last year during the losing streak that over reliance killed us when the oline was in shambles. I really like what I saw the first 2 games this year from Norv working the short passing game with the running game and hoped it would continue, but alas he has gone back to relying heavily on the vertical game. With a poor oline this will not work.

In terms of Meachem, Norv should have let him and Rivers get more reps in the preseason together instead of acting like everything was fine and their lack of timing together would just magically fix itself in the regular season. It was pretty clear that the struggles would continue to most people, except Norv really. Meachem and Royal should be used on more routes where the design is run after catch, but Norv has basically just plugged them into the offense without designing plays to there strengths. Royal was doing well early in the year on reverses, but we haven't seen one now since week 3. Evening using Royal in a fake reverse situation to help the running game would be good, but I don't remember that either.

Signing Alexander helps prove my point that Norv is not tailoring the offense around his personnel, but plugging the personnel into his schemes and system and Alexander fits that system perfectly. Unfortunately with a crap oline this system cannot be successful as I have mentioned. Clearly, Norv is not an offensive genius anymore if he cannot realize this.
“The phrase 'The game doesn’t mean anything' bothers me more than anything. It means something to play in this league and play in this game. I’ll never under-appreciate the opportunity to play an NFL game …” -

“I think we’d all have to tie Philip down and fight him to keep him from going out there and playing.” - Norv Turner

Last edited by AirCro; 11-29-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Taking a Chill Pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCro View Post
Yeah Meachem and Royal have been huge disappointments and some of that blame goes to them. That drop was especially painful to watch, I agree. Royal being injured has also hurt. At the same time though I hoped we would sign the two of them and was very happy when we did sign them. I thought they would bring new dimensions to the offense and diminish the over reliance of the deep ball in Norv's offense. Last year during the losing streak that over reliance killed us when the oline was in shambles. I really like what I saw the first 2 games this year from Norv working the short passing game with the running game and hoped it would continue, but alas he has gone back to relying heavily on the vertical game. With a poor oline this will not work.

In terms of Meachem, Norv should have let him and Rivers get more reps in the preseason together instead of acting like everything was fine and their lack of timing together would just magically fix itself in the regular season. It was pretty clear that the struggles would continue to most people, except Norv really. Meachem and Royal should be used on more routes where the design is run after catch, but Norv has basically just plugged them into the offense without designing plays to there strengths. Royal was doing well early in the year on reverses, but we haven't seen one now since week 3. Evening using Royal in a fake reverse situation to help the running game would be good, but I don't remember that either.

Signing Alexander helps prove my point that Norv is not tailoring the offense around his personnel, but plugging the personnel into his schemes and system and Alexander fits that system perfectly. Unfortunately with a crap oline this system cannot be successful as I have mentioned. Clearly, Norv is not an offensive genius anymore if he cannot realize this.

Mods, and Tommy, recommend 3 day ban of "Air Cro" for not recognizing Norv's offensive genius
Old 11-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Beastwood View Post
Mods, and Tommy, recommend 3 day ban of "Air Cro" for not recognizing Norv's offensive genius
Approved, with further recommendations that Air Cro has to wear a turkey neck mask and go with Rivers this off season to Spanos' office and beg to keep Norv's job again.