Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Line of Demarcation to Fire Norv Turner
Below .500, miss playoffs 59 0.27%
.500 or above, miss playoffs 89 0.40%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in WC round 29 0.13%
Make playoffs, go 0-1 in Div. round 17 0.08%
Make playoffs, go 1-1 with loss in Div. round 11 0.05%
Lose in AFCCG 16 0.07%
Lose in SB 7 0.03%
Win SB 16 0.07%
Fire him now, season be damned! 171 0.77%
Never fire Norv, he's cuddly 21,663 98.12%
Voters: 22078. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by promiseland View Post
14 years as head coach and Zero Super Bowl wins are all I need to know about Andy Reid. Reid strikes me as guy who needs to take some time off of coaching. I cant think of many coaches who would be a worse hire for this team then Andy Reid.
Reid 3-8 so far this year, beat Cle,Balt, and NYG. Norv 4-7 beat KC (2),Oak, and Tenn. Why go through all the drama of getting a new coach. Fire AJ and keep Norv.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by country boy View Post
Reid 3-8 so far this year, beat Cle,Balt, and NYG. Norv 4-7 beat KC (2),Oak, and Tenn. Why go through all the drama of getting a new coach. Fire AJ and keep Norv.
Norv should step down and be OC. Not likely. AJ needs to go first. How can you build a contender when you have no clue on how to put together a championship caliber oline?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
Norv could succeed somewhere as an OC. Much like Wade is doing as a DC again. Like Rex Ryan will do as a DC when the Jets fire him. So on and so forth. These are guys who are clearly suited to be coordinators. Much like the Buddy Ryans and Marty Shottenheimers. We wasted 5 years to find this out. Imagine if we had ??? as a HC. Wade as DC and Norv as OC? We'd be really good.
I doubt Rex is getting fired, he has been dealt a bad hand in terms of personnel(the Jets are one of the least talented teams in the NFL IMO). Tannenbaum is likely toast though..........
Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 PM
#FireNorv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3524 View Post
Your selling Reid a bit short.

The Man has 9 winning seasons in 14 years and five championship games appearance, as well as a Super Bowl appearance. And he did alot of this with teams that weren't exactly stacked offensively and QB(McNabb) who isn't a great fit for his offense.

He is not my first choice, but there are far worse choices then Andy Reid.
Big part of the Eagles success during that time was Jim Johnsons defense. No coinsidence that after Johnson died the Eagles went downhill fast. I got friends who are Eagle fans and they all tell me pretty much the same things we say about Norv(Undiciplined, poor execution, bad play calling and lots and lots of brain farts). Reid likes to throw the football (A Lot) I dont se how that would be a good fit for the Chargers. With all thats gone on with Reids personal life and how its ending in Philly I cant see why anyone would hire him right after being fired. If we're gonna go with a retread give me one thats won a SB
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm No Noob

Reid would be an awful choice. They are the Chargers of the NFC... more talent on the field than their number of wins would indicate.

They've been a "Dream Team" two years running and they're a bigger joke than we are.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Taking it Too Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
Reid would be an awful choice. They are the Chargers of the NFC... more talent on the field than their number of wins would indicate.

They've been a "Dream Team" two years running and they're a bigger joke than we are.

Which is exactly why I fear Dean will pick him. Barf, could you imagine an AJ Smith assembled team with an Andy Reid HC? We'd actually be a bigger laughing stock than we are today.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm No Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahawkeyes View Post
which is exactly why i fear dean will pick him. Barf, could you imagine an aj smith assembled team with an andy reid hc? We'd actually be a bigger laughing stock than we are today.
rofl potd

Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Really?

bold statement, he is a good OC.
At its worst, it's a percentage bet. How many teams win the SB every year?

So, assuming Norv gets a job again, he's got 1/32 chance per year.

However, it seems unlikely he'd get a job with a SB caliber team (why would they be hiring?) so his chances are a little less.

Add to that that he'll constantly be looking for another chance to be a HC.

I'm just working percentages. I'd make the same bet about Belichick at this point.

Meticulous grammar and spelling requested. Thank you.

Haikus on request.

San Diego Chargers: Always a good excuse for failure.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tee View Post
So all that effort convincing me that the offense was the real reason we sucked last year was all for naught?

I had bought in and everything!!!

So disappointed right now
dastardly! you tricked me into saying the offense was good last year...

i did just mean statistically they were a top 5 offense. Timing is everything. Chargers had/have poor timing...3 years running now.

-Mario Lopez
Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Every time I see a "Breaking News" pop up on NFL Network, I am hoping it is Norv Turner's release. I doubt he is going to get fired at this point. Spanos said last year he doesn't believe in firing coaches mid season. So after 6 straight losses it's probably going to be the same.

Closed Thread