Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Let the Rivers flow

Default Most Crushing Losses of the Season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r_writers_rank

Chargers #1 and #4. Sigh.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Native

I knew we would win something this season!!!

Is there a trophy and a parade?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM
TY Kris Dielman

Worst part is; we could probably top an all-millenium list too.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Hall of Famer

We are the perfect foils. A known history of blowing games. When in reality, in my book I have 3 asterisks on 3 games. Denver 1, NO, and Baltimore. Clearly games that were skewed by the refs for whatever reason. Unfortunately, few would believe any of it due to our propensity for choking.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
We are the perfect foils. A known history of blowing games. When in reality, in my book I have 3 asterisks on 3 games. Denver 1, NO, and Baltimore. Clearly games that were skewed by the refs for whatever reason. Unfortunately, few would believe any of it due to our propensity for choking.
I did find it curious that Rice's knees were down at the 35; they called for a review; had already moved the yard markers; then announced, we'll mark it at the 33 and 1/2 and measure. Oooh, that's a good way-back machine if they can move the markers back to precisely where they were before they were moved.

However, most of us simply cursed and said, "the defense can't hold with a 29 yard advantage". This overlooks the ridiculous "measurement" process.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
There's a chance.....

Good thing the column was called pick six and not the top ten because the Bolt would probably be on there a couple of more times if it went to ten.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Disliker View Post
I did find it curious that Rice's knees were down at the 35; they called for a review; had already moved the yard markers; then announced, we'll mark it at the 33 and 1/2 and measure. Oooh, that's a good way-back machine if they can move the markers back to precisely where they were before they were moved.

However, most of us simply cursed and said, "the defense can't hold with a 29 yard advantage". This overlooks the ridiculous "measurement" process.
Not to mention the blatant block in the back. Look what michael lombardi of nfl network said about that illegal block: "With the help of an incredible block by Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin, Rice made the first down, thus ending the Chargers' season." What????
Old 12-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Bolted @ Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsrback View Post
I knew we would win something this season!!!

Is there a trophy and a parade?
It's deserving of a National holiday. OK, at least a county wide holiday.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Veteran

Default bad refs call…

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-jaxdabeast View Post
Not to mention the blatant block in the back. Look what michael lombardi of nfl network said about that illegal block: "With the help of an incredible block by Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin, Rice made the first down, thus ending the Chargers' season." What????
When Rice touched his knee it was on or just before the 35. The ball was tucked firmly against his body - as every good runner should - so as to not fumble but that meant the ball was no further than the 34/1/2 yard line - if that. Look at the relationship of the ball and his keen to Casons knee! Cason was in front of the 34 and the ball was not past his knee!! No way!!

But then Rice bounces and crawls toward the 33 1/2 claiming that his momentum was moving him. We'll if that is the case - momentum that is being a factor in the placement of the ball in order to get the line of scrimmage for the next play and to determine what down or distance etc, then why do the refs constantly pick up the ball and move backwards when players are tackled and then stretch the ball out after they are on the ground. PLAyers do this all the time. They are down, they reach out to ball further towards the goal or the first down marker but the ref comes in from the side line - I guess he is the side judge, and the guy moves the ball back!

It makes it hard for the fan to know where to actually spot the ball.

I thought it is where the ball is when the knee touches. Technically the ball more often than not will be in front of where the knees are but clearly where this whole thing really takes effect is when the players are trying to score. They dive and stretch the ball in an effort to break the goal line and get a TD. So long as he has not stepped out of bounds or the knees have not touched the ground, then if they stretch out and hit the goal line with the ball it as a TD.

Well Rice did what he had to do because he was short of the first down when tackled.

To me - Norv needed to blow a gasgit and all he did was talk with the ref and accept the outcome. Can you imagine how Marty would have acted in the situation? Norv needed to get thrown out or get a penalty - at least let them know they got it wrong. It was wrong and it may have cost the team a win - maybe with that win, they get 1 or 2 more and get to playoffs. They could have beaten Texas on a good day…

Oh well - in then end AJ just runs away and we the fans have to live with it. The Chargers/San Diego - are the 'who cares about them' team in the league.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Hall of Famer

There's a saying from Dana White: don't leave it in the hands of the judges. In a sense, the Chargers had the constant blunders. If they didn't screw up so bad by falling behind or just failing to put up points, they wouldn't be on the receiving end of some calls, whether or not they were questionable.

Bottom line is, the players have themselves to blame, and they damn well better play smarter and be more disciplined. Until I see otherwise under a new coach, I still see the same team whose players lack the intelligence and discipline and would continue to disappoint me.