Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Support our troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Good answer. Tells me alot.
It his choice to not be the clown "superfan". He's letting the hecklers win.

The hecklers did not tell him to stop or they would injure him. You can't stop people being from being drunk idiots unless you stop selling alcohol at the game and even then you will still let some get by via flasks etc.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
It his choice to not be the clown "superfan". He's letting the hecklers win.

The hecklers did not tell him to stop or they would injure him. You can't stop people being from being drunk idiots unless you stop selling alcohol at the game and even then you will still let some get by via flasks etc.
His choice? Okay.

So what are his options, woot?

Continue wearing the outfit, and let the confrontations escalate?

Then what? What if he does get assaulted? He deserves it?

What if he defends himself, or loses his cool, and knocks some drunks head off?

Then what? He gets arrested for trying to enjoy himself at a football game?

Great options.

How about this? Leave the guy alone, and let him root for his team how he sees fit? Why isn't that an option?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 PM
There's a chance.....

Quote:
You can justify it however you want, you can try to minimize it however you want, it doesn't change anything.

This is what it boils down to. Treat people like you want to be treated.

What empowers someone to think they have the right to tell someone else how they should act or dress at a game? When is it okay to turn on a fellow fan, because they're cheering too much for their team?

It's ridiculous. It shouldn't happen. Fans are at games to root for their team, not to judge other fans, and try to dictate their behavior. If he's not breaking the law, and if stadium security isn't removing him or telling him to pipe down, why should some other fan have the ability to do so?

Respect. That's what it's about. Remember the golden rule? Do unto others as you would have done unto you? It applies here.

Ed's a Jets fan. True blue, died in the wool, hard core Jets fan. It's his time, money and effort he's expending, rooting for his team.

Some heckler, joker, drunk or wanna be badass shouldn't have the right to take that away from him. Getting the business from opposing fans? Yeah, I could see some heckling from a Pats, Bills, whoever fan. But from your own people? Fans who claim they root for the same team?

How does that make sense, woot? It doesn't. It's a game, not a way of life. There are no life and death issues at stake here. It's a simple kids game, being played by millionaires who work for billionaires. For fans, it should be about entertainment, not forcing your way onto someone else.
Treat people who you want to be treated.... so you want every reply to you to be in a condescending tone?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltFanBo View Post
Treat people who you want to be treated.... so you want every reply to you to be in a condescending tone?
Condescending?

How so?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
There's a chance.....

Quote:
Condescending?

How so?
Really, you have to ask? C'mon CT don't run from it. Like I said before it's who you are, well at least it's who you are on CMB, and I've grown to enjoy your style. If the shoe fits you gotta wear it, especially after a "Treat people the way you want to be treated" post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Really, you have to ask? C'mon CT don't run from it. Like I said before it's who you are, well at least it's who you are on CMB, and I've grown to enjoy your style. If the shoe fits you gotta wear it, especially after a "Treat people the way you want to be treated" post
I think I've always been pretty honest about how I feel, Bo. I'm not trying to come across as condescending to anyone. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, or feel the need to "talk down" to people. But I'll speak my mind on just about anything that's being discussed.

I throw a little humor or sarcasm in, sometimes. But condescending? I'm gonna have to plead not guilty to that one.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM
There's a chance.....

Quote:
I think I've always been pretty honest about how I feel, Bo. I'm not trying to come across as condescending to anyone. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, or feel the need to "talk down" to people. But I'll speak my mind on just about anything that's being discussed.

I throw a little humor or sarcasm in, sometimes. But condescending? I'm gonna have to plead not guilty to that one.
An overload of sarcasm can come across as condescending at times. Judge Dredd says guilty but free due to time served.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
An overload of sarcasm can come across as condescending at times. Judge Dredd says guilty but free due to time served.
Oh, man. Thank you, Judge Dredd.

I don't want no part of that guy.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
#Rivers4MVP

People are to sensitive... So some random guy wants out of the limelight, good for him. The Jets are a complete joke of a franchise partly because of Rex/players and partly because of the media.

I think a dog taking a dump on the field during Jets practice would make headlines...

Fireman Ed is the flavor of the week... People get jealous... Move along.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Veteran

I personally have always found Fireman Ed to be obnoxious. He is a fan of a of team that I, personally, detest. That being said, while I think he is obnoxious, he is also harmless.

However, it is pretty sad that the man is harassed by members of his own teams' fanbase to the point that he feels he has to step aside. That says a lot about the quality of the fanbase, no?