Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should the Chargers finish out the season or clean house now?
Finish the season 73 29.92%
Clean house now 171 70.08%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 AM
<<Offseason Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerFan4Ever View Post
I've said from the beginning, let Turner go ---- that's the best place to start! Put some money into this team and we've got a shot at a title. If the owners are going to cheap out, then nothing is going to help this team!!!!
They spent a ridiculous amount of $ this off season. Unfortunately, with the exception of possibly JJ, none of it worked out. & I was excited about every single signing. Some times you get steak. Some times you get bull horns in your butt.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 AM
SPIDERBOLT

Norv never should have been hired to begin with. Fire him and his 'wasted draft picks' GM boss NOW!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 AM
Known as "HelpMeOut"!

I know I have denounced my liking of Norv and really can't go back on it. I won't be sad to see him go at this point. I will be a happy Charger fan thou if AJ was fired and a new GM came in and Norv was still head coach.
“There is a sense of urgency. I think you can only say 'We're close' and 'We're building' for so long. At some point we're built, let's go. It's time now to be one of those teams that are battling through January" Philip Rivers.

"Bird goes Tweet" Patrick the Conure.
Yes, he is my bird!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Norbolt

AJ spent a ton of money on 2nd stringers and old timers and just plain mistakes. Not a matter of being cheap. Just not smart, that's all.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Rookie

When you have Aikman, Smith, Irvin an outstanding O'line you look like a great play caller, those same plays aren't looking that good with this years Charger's team.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
They spent a ridiculous amount of $ this off season. Unfortunately, with the exception of possibly JJ, none of it worked out. & I was excited about every single signing. Some times you get steak. Some times you get bull horns in your butt.
JJ has DEFINITELY worked out. bigby was a welcomed addition until he got hurt. the offensive guys get a bit of a pass since A. PR's play has dipped drastically, B. the o-line doesn't exist, and C. norv's 2nd half offense sits on leads, is unproductive, and waits to lose the game.

i'd like to see meach and royal on a decently run offense. would be a different story, IMHO.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

I'd love to see us run the dink and dunk offense, with lots of slants and quick screens.

Put Royal in the slot, and I'll bet he could get us alot of yards that way.

Meacham was supposed to stretch the field, and that hasn't worked out. Thankfully, DX has stepped up, as a compliment to Floyd.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Its unlikely they finish 5-0, which is what the need to do.
I don't see its AJ Smith or talent. Even with some of his picks getting injured.
I see us trying to win with a HC that is Xs and Os. What about team?
The HC needs to team build, bring a group of guys together. Get them to play fundamentally sound. So that they can successfully execute the Xs and Os.
Norv calls great plays, but the execution is lacking because they are not playing fundamentally sound. Rivers thinks he has to do it all and tries to force too many throws. And Mathews needs to be featured when he is suited up on gameday. None of this happens. Its because thats not what our HC does, he does Xs and Os.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:22 PM
You CAN'T Run!

the only great thing about calling it quickly on Norv is we have first dibs on the best coordinators and college HC's. No teams have fired their coach. If we fire Norv, we stick to the same scheme by promoting from within and start our interviews. The day after the season is finished, name our new HC and we SHOULD have the pick of the pool. We can then have an early jump on naming coordinators, which are the secret to successful teams.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I am Cap'n Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojo View Post
the only great thing about calling it quickly on Norv is we have first dibs on the best coordinators and college HC's. No teams have fired their coach. If we fire Norv, we stick to the same scheme by promoting from within and start our interviews. The day after the season is finished, name our new HC and we SHOULD have the pick of the pool. We can then have an early jump on naming coordinators, which are the secret to successful teams.
And if we can somehow land a decent coach (like the dude in my sig!)
It will be easier to get that hotshot OC/DC/ST guy... In spite of AJ keeping his job.