Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Veteran

Some of you are really coming across as elitist right now with this "couch potato fan", "just buy a ticket" nonsense.

NFL tickets are very expensive and the fan/viewing experience from the "most affordable" seats is far less than what one would get by viewing the game at home, not to mention the expense of food, parking, etc. which makes even the affordable tickets much less so.

The cost of living in San Diego, or most of SoCal is far more expensive than many other places where fan attendance is greater. Couple that with the fact that San Diego (given its' beauty and desirability) is home to many displaced fans of other teams.

Get some perspective. Just because you can afford tickets, doesn't mean the vast majority of Charger fans can. That doesn't make them any less of a fan than you.

Last edited by chargertom; 11-28-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
I remember 1-15. Ryan Leaf.

Today's not so bad.
I disagree we sucked that year don't get me wrong but I say this year is worse. We just went from being the best chargers team in my life time ( I think anyways) to a rebuilding team, And sorry it's painful. we lost games yes 1 win sucked must games were close, and we weren't blowing 24 point half time leads. That team just wasn't able to win, this team showed they can at lest in the 1st half of ball games anyways.

And yes honestly I was a season ticket holder and every game for the one win season, and used the famous words many times just wait to next year. Now when I am told the chargers suck I ignore it or just say ya your right.

I won't spend a dime on a ticket. I will pay to see the chargers get beat I won't pay to see them beat them sells and that's what we do now.

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Looks like tickets are really cheap for this weekend and I have set my mind to go with the missy. Going in full intent, knowing that the game may be very close and a nail biter, but having fun will only matter!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 AM
We're there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMisfit View Post
Some of you are really coming across as elitist right now with this "couch potato fan", "just buy a ticket" nonsense.

NFL tickets are very expensive and the fan/viewing experience from the "most affordable" seats is far less than what one would get by viewing the game at home, not to mention the expense of food, parking, etc. which makes even the affordable tickets much less so.

The cost of living in San Diego, or most of SoCal is far more expensive than many other places where fan attendance is greater. Couple that with the fact that San Diego (given its' beauty and desirability) is home to many displaced fans of other teams.

Get some perspective. Just because you can afford tickets, doesn't mean the vast majority of Charger fans can. That doesn't make them any less of a fan than you.
I am a long time season ticket holder and I want to commend you on this post. Even though I have the ability to keep my seats each year, I know that a lot of people are not in my situation. I really hate when fans call out other fans. We are all fans of this team whether we can attend games or not.

Thank you!

Last edited by chargertom; 11-28-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMisfit View Post
Some of you are really coming across as elitist right now with this "couch potato fan", "just buy a ticket" nonsense. .
And some of us are just joking. Who cares what kind of fan you are if you like the game enjoy it however you want. I like to go and scream and get involved but I also tape it and re-watch it when i get home.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Born & Raised Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
I am a long time season ticket holder and I want to commend you on this post. Even though I have the ability to keep my seats each year, I know that a lot of people are not in my situation. I really hate when fans call out other fans. We are all fans of this team whether we can attend games or not.

Thank you!
some fans are better fans than others. and only REAL fans know who those fans are.

at least that's what i'm told on these message boards.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 AM
chargefandenver

lets see 8 - 8 last 2 yrs no playoffs, this yr maybe 8 and 8 again proably 7 and 9
where do go from there with some of the talent they have had the last 2 1/2 yrs? i
dont have a clue, do u????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM
"Stay Classy SD" my butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
I'm only 23, but the worst time I've experienced as a Charger fan was losing the '94 Superbowl and the Ryan Leaf Era. By comparison, this is not nearly as bad. And the fans who have followed this team since the 60's will probably tell you there have been worse times too.
I am 22. I don't remember the 94' Superbowl. I do remember the Leaf era.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRing View Post
I'm only 23, but the worst time I've experienced as a Charger fan was losing the '94 Superbowl and the Ryan Leaf Era. By comparison, this is not nearly as bad. And the fans who have followed this team since the 60's will probably tell you there have been worse times too.
Hang on a second. If you are 23, does that mean you were 5 years old in 1994? Is the worst-Charger-memory you have "experienced" seriously from when you were 5?

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 AM
outback goon

Leaf era was bad, no denying it, but we all knew the team was bad before hand.
This is worse, most of us believed the team was good enough for playoffs, and when we find out we are far from playoffs calibre, it hurts, hurts real deep.